[Jwolf] The English Year

Hey folks! I hope the wait was worth it! The next chapter is up and ready. Do to some life changes going on in July, I'll be going into an every two week posting schedule. I've got some of the next few chapters first-drafted, but I want to avoid going into a long hiatus like last time. Giving myself an extra week between chapters will help me deliver quality work at a consistent pace. Once the dust settles, I'll try to get back into a weekly posting schedule. Until then, enjoy Sex and Laundry here, and let me know what you think!

• Like 1

I really did like how into-it Mike has gotten, like very boyfriend-like what with the kissing him in Wal-Mart and the little laundry nuzzling scene. Very cute.

And of course, he knows it's only for now until Mike and Pete get their shit together, but he'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Hey Jon,

Hope everything's ok with you...not liking the two-week update schedule, but I will survive. I just hope everything is all right with you.

I will be anxiously awaiting the next chapter! :)

Have a terrific 4th - I can't believe it's that time of the year already!!

Lisa

Hey Jon,

I was in my car this morning listening to The Highway on XM, when they played a song by Old Dominion. I immediately thought of Corbs, vmee, and the Brit. :)

Just thought I'd share that. lol

Have a great weekend!

Lisa

Speaking of car music, I know for some of the other stories I've done, folks have posted music recs to go with each chapter. Anyone have an interest in starting that up again for The English Year? I know it's probably a lot of work, and honestly, I wouldn't even know where to begin, but they're a lot of fun to read along to.

Honestly, I am one of those people who can't read and listen to music at the same time. I wind up singing along to the songs and find myself rereading sentences over and over again and not knowing what the hell I just read! lol

But I've read stories where the author includes recommended songs to listen to while reading the chapters. I just never listen to them. lol And yes, it does seem like a helluva lot of work.

Music wise? All I can think of to sum up Corbin confronting Amanda & walking out? The Bitch is Back, by Tina Turner lmao....but then throwing up when he got home? That was pure nerves lol

• 2 weeks later...

I think all the songs by Daughtry apply, especially Call My Name as an overall theme. Or even the group LIVE. Just saying

Edited by LJH

Hey pfox! It's not too soon, but I'm not quite done with the chapter by my self imposed deadline. I'm traveling this weekend, then hopefully hitting the computer again. I'll keep you posted :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it's been a long two weeks! Eke... I'm still working on settling into my new condo, but I've hooked up everything I need to write with, so the process will begin again soon. Sorry for the delay!

• Like 3

I know it's been a long two weeks! Eke... I'm still working on settling into my new condo, but I've hooked up everything I need to write with, so the process will begin again soon. Sorry for the delay!

moving sucks...  :/ Hope you settled in alright

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. The next chapter is out to my Beta and Editor. I just wanted to come here and give an update that it is on it's way. I'll be out of the country for a week, so look for it to post late next week. In the meantime, here's a small snippet of what to expect:

"They say that pride comes before the fall. What they don’t say, what the proverbial they so conveniently leave out, is how hard that fall actually is. And it’s only when you’ve hit rock bottom that you take a look around, and realize that it’s your fault you’re sitting there in the first place...

...“What the fuck did you do?” I asked in a moment of stillness before the chaos began and all hell broke loose."

• Like 1

Hey all. The next chapter is out to my Beta and Editor. I just wanted to come here and give an update that it is on it's way. I'll be out of the country for a week, so look for it to post late next week. In the meantime, here's a small snippet of what to expect:

"They say that pride comes before the fall. What they don’t say, what the proverbial they so conveniently leave out, is how hard that fall actually is. And it’s only when you’ve hit rock bottom that you take a look around, and realize that it’s your fault you’re sitting there in the first place...

...“What the fuck did you do?” I asked in a moment of stillness before the chaos began and all hell broke loose."

I already know that this is worth the wait  :)
Have a save trip!!!

Edited by pfox25