Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+34) Paved with Good Intentions

There seems to be three possibilities here for good intentions paving "a road to Hell"...Posted Image 1: Joel and Lisa looking after Trevors car etc is one possibility. Though I think that it could be a red herring on the goats part.Posted Image 2:Then there's Trevor, letting his Mum and Martin sail off in Ares for a sort of holiday that could have a firey ending....Posted Image 3: And of course there's Bridget being oh so nice and accomodating to the cartel by seeming to have all bases coveredPosted Image

She's so efficient.........

Hope the boys get to see Esperance.. Best beaches in Australia

Good chapter CJ

Maybe the paving crew is led by Bridget, she intends to blow up Trevor and company, but we see from all those preceding chapters how successful she's been, and then there is her trusted and adoring fan club in Cali...... need I say more.

Or then again, maybe its CJ and his good intention to end this never ending saga of a certain Circumnavigation.......Posted Image

Or possibly it is CJ and all those non-existent Cliffhangers Posted Image

Nice to see Shane and Trevor having fun. Lisa and Joel seem to have taken time for a little fun too! Posted Image

Clearly the witch is determined to destroy the evidence by destroying the boats and it seems preferably with Trevor and Shane aboard.

A little change in luck for her would seem appropriate.

Edited by Daddydavek

Hummm, it seems to me the road to a lot of places is paved with good intentions, unfortunately many times the final destination is not what is expected. Reminds me of my favorite author... Great chapter CJ

Guest Spittune

My feeling is get the tape to the authorities, and the Cartel will get rid of Bridget. The best of all scenarios.

Any error in my thinking?

Posted Image .........................Then, she glanced at a clock, pausing only to calculate the effect of the fifteen-hours-ahead time difference before picking up a phone and dialing the now-familiar number. Bridget is telling us here that even the asset list is a condition for the demise of Trevor. I have no doubt in my mind that the 'now familiar number' is that of Greys.

Bridget smiled. “Twenty of my best, armed and trained, along with a matching force from Vasquez, who will also be providing the explosives as well as the RPGs we would have for backup,” she said, with a nod towards Vasquez, before continuing. “Overkill, though better to have more than one needs than to run the risk of having too little. Bridget is moving forward with out the knowledge of the existence of the tape.

Bridget leaned back in her chair, giving the man a steely stare. “I have anticipated that possibility, and if there is any doubt whatsoever, the answer is simplicity itself.” Pausing for effect, her eyes still locked on her questioner’s, Bridget eased her chair back, slowly standing up as the sound of its legs dragging across the rough old floor echoed in the expectant silence. “I shall destroy both.

Hmm, if she destroys the wrong one first, Trevor will be alerted and may sail to the coast of America instead of traversing the Panama canal, Bridget's 20 armed men could wind up on US soil and be in trouble. I so wish watererboarding was legal for terrorist, if it is good enough for our troops it is good enough for them.

Nice chapter, my take on the pavement thing is simply Trevor's car being parked where it was!

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

So did anyone notice that Bridget said she keeps some of the old assets as 'triggers' to let her know that the asset list has been found? I believe it was two in Florida and one in the Bahamas.

And....what are Joel and Lisa going to do while on Spring Break in the Bahamas? They are going to ensure AGAIN that Trevor is targeted for death :(

So did anyone notice that Bridget said she keeps some of the old assets as 'triggers' to let her know that the asset list has been found? I believe it was two in Florida and one in the Bahamas.

And....what are Joel and Lisa going to do while on Spring Break in the Bahamas? They are going to ensure AGAIN that Trevor is targeted for death Posted Image

Posted Image ................I think no matter what Joel and Lisa do, Trevor is already target for death by Bridget, she wants the stain of Sanchez removed from her.

so she hasn't given up on trevor and the boys ... she got big claws all over florida

She definitely hasn't given up - she needs that tape (and anyone who has seen it) destroyed. And yep, she has claws all over Florida - and the Bahamas. :)

There seems to be three possibilities here for good intentions paving "a road to Hell"...Posted Image 1: Joel and Lisa looking after Trevors car etc is one possibility. Though I think that it could be a red herring on the goats part.Posted Image 2:Then there's Trevor, letting his Mum and Martin sail off in Ares for a sort of holiday that could have a firey ending....Posted Image 3: And of course there's Bridget being oh so nice and accomodating to the cartel by seeming to have all bases coveredPosted Image

She's so efficient.........

Hope the boys get to see Esperance.. Best beaches in Australia

Good chapter CJ

Or it might be all of the above, plus another one - by playing games with which boat is which, it might result in the targeting of both. :) And yep, Bridget is indeed being her usual efficient self.

Esperance was in the story earlier (it's where Trevor's garlic crusher was delivered to shore) but.. unfortunately, they won't be stopping.

Maybe the paving crew is led by Bridget, she intends to blow up Trevor and company, but we see from all those preceding chapters how successful she's been, and then there is her trusted and adoring fan club in Cali...... need I say more.

Or then again, maybe its CJ and his good intention to end this never ending saga of a certain Circumnavigation.......Posted Image

Or possibly it is CJ and all those non-existent Cliffhangers Posted Image

Trevor and Shane haven't actually had to face an attack led by Bridget yet. All the prior ones were commanded by Sanchez (though Bridget was indeed the one who took out the contract, and also helped prep the bomb for the Suez). Geraldton was an exception, sort of. It was mostly Sanchez's plan, but Bridget was involved. However, she didn't want to succeed; her real target then was Sanchez.

So, Trevor and Shane are now facing Bridget directly for the first time, and Bridget now has far more power and abilities.

Oh, the story does end, guaranteed. I wrote those chapters quite some time ago. It's now April 2007, and the story ends in August 2007. :)

Nice to see Shane and Trevor having fun. Lisa and Joel seem to have taken time for a little fun too! Posted Image

Clearly the witch is determined to destroy the evidence by destroying the boats and it seems preferably with Trevor and Shane aboard.

A little change in luck for her would seem appropriate.

But even if Bridget drops dead tomorrow, there's still the little problem of the rest of the cartel wanting that tape, and anyone who might have seen it, destroyed. Or, if the tape is used against them, they'd kill anyone involved out of sheer revenge. So, there are a few possible slight problems ahead for Trevor and Shane. :)

Hummm, it seems to me the road to a lot of places is paved with good intentions, unfortunately many times the final destination is not what is expected. Reminds me of my favorite author... Great chapter CJ

The law of unintended consequences might possibly come into play. :)

My feeling is get the tape to the authorities, and the Cartel will get rid of Bridget. The best of all scenarios.

Any error in my thinking?

That is indeed possible - however, a side effect would be that they'd want anyone involved dead (the cartels have a deep-seated culture of revenge), especially Trevor and Shane, so that would in no way end the danger to them, though Bridget would be dead.

Posted Image .........................Then, she glanced at a clock, pausing only to calculate the effect of the fifteen-hours-ahead time difference before picking up a phone and dialing the now-familiar number. Bridget is telling us here that even the asset list is a condition for the demise of Trevor. I have no doubt in my mind that the 'now familiar number' is that of Greys.

Bridget smiled. “Twenty of my best, armed and trained, along with a matching force from Vasquez, who will also be providing the explosives as well as the RPGs we would have for backup,” she said, with a nod towards Vasquez, before continuing. “Overkill, though better to have more than one needs than to run the risk of having too little. Bridget is moving forward with out the knowledge of the existence of the tape.

Bridget leaned back in her chair, giving the man a steely stare. “I have anticipated that possibility, and if there is any doubt whatsoever, the answer is simplicity itself.” Pausing for effect, her eyes still locked on her questioner’s, Bridget eased her chair back, slowly standing up as the sound of its legs dragging across the rough old floor echoed in the expectant silence. “I shall destroy both.

Hmm, if she destroys the wrong one first, Trevor will be alerted and may sail to the coast of America instead of traversing the Panama canal, Bridget's 20 armed men could wind up on US soil and be in trouble. I so wish watererboarding was legal for terrorist, if it is good enough for our troops it is good enough for them.

Nice chapter, my take on the pavement thing is simply Trevor's car being parked where it was!

It's a 15 hour time difference from the Bahamas to Melbourne, so you might possibly be right. :)

You're right about the asset list; if Bridget discovers that it's been found, she'll know the tape has as well, and will strike hard and fast to destory it, and anyone who might have seen it.

And....what are Joel and Lisa going to do while on Spring Break in the Bahamas? They are going to ensure AGAIN that Trevor is targeted for death Posted Image

That's a possibility... that's what the "tickling the dragon's tail" chapter title on the previous chapter was about; the Dragon being Bridget.

However, that's far from the only threat. Remember the newspaper reporter who is soon to publish part of the asset list in a story? That's another possible route via which Bridget might learn that things have been found. There are others (those keys Trevor mailed being one) So, we've sort of got a powderkeg with multiple fuses... HOWEVER, as I'm sure we're all aware, that's not a cliffy!

:)

Okay, Title release time!! The title for the coming chapter (number M0) is "The Rip".

• Site Administrator

Maybe someone can help me recall something that may or may not have been discussed in the past, or even at all :unsure:

Bridget I believed killed Arnold with a baseball bat or something to make it look like a boom from a boat struck him.

I would assume that Bridget did not get Arnold to talk before he died, then again maybe she did.

How does she know about 1) the asset list 2) the tape. The asset list I can see, but how would she know about the tape? I don't recall anything about that. I do know that she informed Sanchez about the list and the tape, as well as the Cartel, but how did she find out? I know the whole story started with her looking for Ares to ensure they were destroyed, so she must have known for a while.

Anybody have an answer? Or is Bridget just going on a guess (in this case, a correct guess) that is motivating her to kill anyone aboard Atlantis or Ares?

Maybe someone can help me recall something that may or may not have been discussed in the past, or even at all Posted Image

Bridget I believed killed Arnold with a baseball bat or something to make it look like a boom from a boat struck him.

I would assume that Bridget did not get Arnold to talk before he died, then again maybe she did.

How does she know about 1) the asset list 2) the tape. The asset list I can see, but how would she know about the tape? I don't recall anything about that. I do know that she informed Sanchez about the list and the tape, as well as the Cartel, but how did she find out? I know the whole story started with her looking for Ares to ensure they were destroyed, so she must have known for a while.

Anybody have an answer? Or is Bridget just going on a guess (in this case, a correct guess) that is motivating her to kill anyone aboard Atlantis or Ares?

Posted Image ...................She used a kitchen rolling pin to kill Arnold, she killed him because she discovered he was going to divorce her and blackmail her into letting him take the lions share of their wealth. After Arnold's death, in his office, she discovered that he purchased items to make a concealed compartment, like the one they both had in place the Aries. She believed Arnold made another compartment and put in incriminating evidence against her and the cartel, the tape? I'm not sure how she suspected its existence, but as she has stated before, she had admired Arnold for his other abilities.

Guest ralphie

ahhh... does chapter number M0 = ten million??!!? Maybe it just seems like it. Don't get me wrong, I love every word and CJ have you ever considered going mainstream?? I think you could make some big bucks!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..