Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+35) The Rip

The Rip is up!!

Sorry I was a couple of hours late; I had an internet outage, thanks to a thunderstorm. I'm kept offline rather frequently during Arizona's monsoon season.

(the chapter should appear within one minute of this post)

I also need to mention to those I owe PM's and E-mails to: please give me another 24 hours or so; there's still lightning in the area and I'd best power down fast.

So, onwards with chapter M1 - and in case anyone is wondering about the chapter numbering system, we began using Australian Maths for the chapter numbering once the story was taking place mainly in Australia. Then, when the voyage home began, we ceased using Australian maths, so the chapter, AU 97, became chapter 6L as we reverted to northern hemispheric notation. Next was L8, then L9, then M0, and now, M1.

three things (or two things in Australian notation - you can work out why!)

1) sorry Sydney was never Australia's capital - it desperately wanted to be, but quality won out (that was just for my Sydney friends) and Melbourne was Australia's capital until, as per the Constitution, it was moved to Canberra in the 1920's. Yes the site of Canberra was chosen because it was neither Sydney or Melbourne - the politicians have not stopped complaining)

2) great piece of writing - and as to your usual state - no cliff-hangers! bastard!

2.5) Sandringham? you could have dropped the boys off at RMYC, St Kilda, or even Royals at Port Melbourne. Sandringham is about as boringly middle class as you can get. Definately no place for our lads.

three things (or two things in Australian notation - you can work out why!)

1) sorry Sydney was never Australia's capital - it desperately wanted to be, but quality won out (that was just for my Sydney friends) and Melbourne was Australia's capital until, as per the Constitution, it was moved to Canberra in the 1920's. Yes the site of Canberra was chosen because it was neither Sydney or Melbourne - the politicians have not stopped complaining)

2) great piece of writing - and as to your usual state - no cliff-hangers! bastard!

2.5) Sandringham? you could have dropped the boys off at RMYC, St Kilda, or even Royals at Port Melbourne. Sandringham is about as boringly middle class as you can get. Definately no place for our lads.

Thanks!! I'd love to attribute Shane's comment to being part of his joke, but the fact is I misremembered. I've left Shane's words alone (the joke doesn't work well without them), but I did edit the final paragraph of the passage to read;

Australians are noted for their irreverent sense of humor, so Shane’s laconic recount of the mythical cause of Canberra’s creation was one of several vignettes to spring from that tragic long-ago December day. Canberra actually became the capital of Australia in 1927, though before then, the temporary capital was Melbourne. Harold Holt, though he died by drowning, was memorialized by having a large Melbourne public sports facility named after him. It’s a swimming center.

I also added you to the chapter credits.

Sandringham has some advantages - the configuration of the marina lends itself well to mooring a boat near the center and having it obscured from view by the rest. Most marinas have a somewhat parallel-dock based layout, so you couldn't do that. Plus, it has a sunken sub in the center. :-)

And yes, you're absolutely right: no cliffhangers!

:)

Next was L8, then L9, then M0, and now, M1.

The chapter numbers are now looking a bit like Roman numerals. So the latest would be chapter 1,001?

And yes, you're absolutely right: no cliffhangers!

Cliffhanger? Depends on who is currently receiving a fax, does it not?

Pretty obvious, I'd have thought - it must be Bridget. If Joel and Lisa want to go and play in the dragon's back garden, they can hardly be surprised if the dragon takes notices and objects.

Of course, I could be wrong. It's a brave man who gets too presumptuous with the goat.

Posted Image ................... The goat is running out of numbers so now he is using the alphabet. Posted Image Got to admire the way Trevor can handle that cat, I'm sure the goat chose that bay because of the treacherous entry into the bay. What the hell is Joel and Lisa thinking? Or rather why are they not thinking? It is 50/50 chance that the fax went to either Bridget or Gonzales, however if the sender was a good guy he would probably have just called Gonzales. Perhaps a timely phone call from Trevor will warn them that Bridget is a cartel member, and for them to leave immediately. Otherwise this will not be good for Joel and Lisa. Great chapter, CJ!

Now where do you suppose that fax went to?

Joel and Lisa will be the cause of a heart attack - at the very least, another cliff's edge...

:-)

Thanks CJ for the beginning of another windup!

They were sniff up for leads but really advertising themselves into real trouble with drug operatives

can we doubt its a cia operative?

Joel and Lisa will be the cause of a heart attack - at the very least, another cliff's edge...

Yay! The Cape Otway Lighthouse - longest functioning lighthouse in Australia - thousands of people turned up for the decommissioning when it changed to modern style lighting.

There is an historic tour and I listened in disbelief when the guide said the whole thing is built without mortar - just incredible skill on the part of the stoneworker.

They were sure cruising through dangerous waters here - hundreds of people drowned in numerous wrecks close by.

The chapter numbers are now looking a bit like Roman numerals. So the latest would be chapter 1,001?

When Atlantis began her homeward voyage, we stopped using Aussie maths for the chapter numbering, but we did so at AUD 97, which, turned upside down (as one must do when dealing with Aussie maths) gave us chapter L6. So, the next one was L7, etc. Call this a residual effect of the Aussie maths we were using; it ended us up using alphanumerics.

And BTW, it's not a cliffhanger regardless of who the fax went to. It's just a fax, nothing to worry about.

Pretty obvious, I'd have thought - it must be Bridget. If Joel and Lisa want to go and play in the dragon's back garden, they can hardly be surprised if the dragon takes notices and objects.

Of course, I could be wrong. It's a brave man who gets too presumptuous with the goat.

Perhaps she won't be upset at being called senile???

Posted Image ................... The goat is running out of numbers so now he is using the alphabet. Posted Image Got to admire the way Trevor can handle that cat, I'm sure the goat chose that bay because of the treacherous entry into the bay. What the hell is Joel and Lisa thinking? Or rather why are they not thinking? It is 50/50 chance that the fax went to either Bridget or Gonzales, however if the sender was a good guy he would probably have just called Gonzales. Perhaps a timely phone call from Trevor will warn them that Bridget is a cartel member, and for them to leave immediately. Otherwise this will not be good for Joel and Lisa. Great chapter, CJ!

Trevor has no way of knowing that Bridget is a cartel member. :) None of the good guys have any idea that she's now the leader of a major operation. This issue could prove slightly problematic for Trevor and Shane if the do as they plan and move to the Bahamas and run charters from there.

Isn't it time for Bridget to have a run of bad luck?

She's had some... quite a bit, actually. Gonzalez survived, and before that her plan to frame Dirk for murder failed, and the bomb in Suez failed... so maybe she's due for some good luck? :)

Can't be a cliff's edge... there are no cliffhangers (nor cliffs) in Circumnavigation!! And don't just take my word for it; we have the whole team on the lookout for any possible cliffhangers during the beta and editing process.

They were sniff up for leads but really advertising themselves into real trouble with drug operatives

can we doubt its a cia operative?

Or a cartel operative? Or maybe someone else? We'll find out. :)

Yay! The Cape Otway Lighthouse - longest functioning lighthouse in Australia - thousands of people turned up for the decommissioning when it changed to modern style lighting.

There is an historic tour and I listened in disbelief when the guide said the whole thing is built without mortar - just incredible skill on the part of the stoneworker.

They were sure cruising through dangerous waters here - hundreds of people drowned in numerous wrecks close by.

Those are indeed perilous waters! And The Rip is, by my guess, the most tricky entryway to any major port.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..