[Nephylim] In The Arms of an Angel

Every Wednesday I post a piece of flash fiction on my blog. It's as part of a group of Wednesday Flashers that includes some really awesome writers, like our very own Cia who is a virgin flasher this week.

I have never thought of posting my flashes here, so thank you Cia for giving me the idea.

The flashes come out every Wednesdays and I've posted all the installments so far. I have another flash story already completed on my blog if you would like to check it out.

I am literally writing this story from week to week so if anyone has any suggestions or questions to ask Pasha or the angel feel free to let me know.

It would be awesome if we could have a discussion here about anything to do with the story, such as angels, knocking over strange entities in your car, starting stories with... it was a dark and stormy night. ANYTHING.

Are Angel's tears really diamonds? What was the cause of his fall from grace? Did he disobey a direct order? Is being the soulmate of Pasha the disobedience? When is Pasha going to stop being a jerk? Is Lucas a homophobe? Were those strangers demons or fallen angels or Sanhedrin Malakhim? How does an Angel's feather come off? Arn't Angels hermaphrodites? When Are we going to learn Angel's name, 'cause calling him angel is a bit redundant/boring? I will be very happy if you answer my questions. Can't wait for more. Since it is small in size can you post chapters twice a week? Please. :D

Oooh that's a lot of questions and if I answer them all I'll be spoiling the rest of the story. To be honest I don't know if I know all the answers myself yet. Let's give it a go

Are angel's tears really diamonds - no, unfortunately they're only crystal or Pasha, Lukas and Anna would be rich. As for angels in general... in my experience their tears are just like anyone else's

What was the cause of his fall from grace - I'm afraid you're going to have to wait to find out, but don't be so sure it was grace he fell from.

Did he obey a direct order - again you're going to have to wait to find out.

Is being the soulmate of Pasha the disobedience - who says he's Pasha's soulmate?

When is Pasha going to stop being a jerk? - when he stops being so scared and starts being honest with himself.

Is Lukas a homophobe? Absolutely not. I'm not sure if he's an angelophobe yet

Were the strangers demons or fallen angels or Sanhedrin Malakhim. - You're going to have to wait to find out but they're at least one of those

How does an angel feather come off? - they can be pulled out like feathers from birds, although it's harder. They were getting pretty battered when he was getting dragged out of the car

Aren't angels hermaphrodites? - Not in my experience.

When are we going to learn the angel's name - when he remembers it.

This story comes out of a flash fiction group I belong to. We post stories, or chapters, of 1000 words or less on our blogs every Wednesday. So, unfortunately as the chapters will only be written once a week they can only be posted once a week.

I hope that covers all the bases. If you have any other questions or comments then throw them at me and I'll do my best to answer.

um... Pasha and Angel arn't soulmates? But, they seem so much like that. One feeling anothers emotions, deep mental connection, overwhelming physical attraction... It all points to that. Since Pasha did not summon the angel using Solomon's Magic, there is no other explanation of the deep connection, I think. But, this is your universe; so you can trump any rules. The Angels are hermaphrodite as per the Judeo-Christian theology. More over they can take the form of either sexes and copulate. Islamic theology do not provide them with any reproductive organ at all. Ofcourse you are familiar with the myth of Watchers and Nephylim :P. There are numerous references of them all through out your writing (eg. Ramiel). So, I thought this story also refered to that.

That being said, now new questions. The true name of an angel confers power. So, by remembering himself, will Angel regain his powers and leave or kill Pasha? Please don't do that. It will be too cruel. I think he is a good angel. I hope they can work out their differences and have awesome sex and snuggle and kiss a lot and get married and raise chil... Whoa! Sorry! Lost control. Do what ever you think fit. Will wait for the next installment. Hugs and chocolates. You are a great writer.

Oooooh Chocolate. YES!!! Thank you for the compliment

I am, indeed, very familiar with the Watchers and the Nephylim. I don't know if you believe in reincarnation but I do, absolutely. In a way, way past life I had an angelic lover. I watched my lover fall, in fact I watched his soul being ripped from his body and thrown into the stars while his friends were thrown into a pit to be forever imprisoned out of time. Of course forever is a long time and I believe that finally, in this life, he's returning to me. His name is Semjaza and that is not a fiction to me.

If you are aware of the Watcher stories then you will know that the fall, at least one of them, had nothing to do with God at all. It was a political move on the part of the Sanhedrin Malakim jealous of the power being afforded to humankind. It was fine when humans were being taught, and used, but when the Malakim began to settle down, have families and start to think about ascending their partners it all went wrong.

So here we are thousands of years after the fall and another angel plummets to Earth. I wonder why?

Could it, perhaps have something to do with humans again?

And yes, names are very powerful and angelic names more powerful still. When the angel remembers his name all kinds of shit will hit the fan :)

Thank you so much for the questions and the interesting discussion.

Oh and I didn't say he isn't Pasha's soulmate ;)

• 2 weeks later...

And here comes the next exciting installment of In the Arms of an Angel.

Our Angel is wondering who the hell he is and where he comes from. He's not sure but has a really bad feeling about it. To take his mind of it he throws himself into... well... Pasha ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted Image ................. Hey Nephy, btw Happy Birthday Posted Image Interesting chapter, I didn't expect a confrontation between an arch-angel and a human. But that said, I wasn't surprised at Uzzi’el reaction to Gabri'el. Uzzi’el may not remember much but does understand his new found feelings for Pasha.

Benji. Don't forget two things. First, Pasha has mated with an angel. He's not entirely human anymore. Also he feels what Uzzi'el feels and at first he's very protective over Uzzi'el's fear and then he's feeling something quite different

Asam - I have an... unusual relationship with angels. I don't go much above Seraphim as far as the hierarchy is concerned. It's never particularly interested me. Gabri'el is a messenger angel. He brings messages from The Council to whoever. An archangel at the end of the day is merely an angel who has a particular job to do, at least in my universe

Thanks for the chocolate :) :)

Posted Image ........So Pasha is out of the pot and no into the fire? LOL, the appearance of Miach'el did not surprise me. I wonder where the almighty stands on this petty war? Should be an interesting ride of a story
Posted Image ...............Oh man! I saw some betrayal coming, but to give Pasha to Michae'l!! Gabriel is truly devious, if it wasn't for the bird, Pasha's betrothed would still be out of commission. I'm guessing that by the short length of these chapters this will be a short story. Nice to another chapter though! LOL!

As I explained in the review, this story is being written as part of a flash fiction club on my blog. Because it's flash fiction each 'chunk' has to be no more than 1000 words long. That doesn't mean it's going to be a short story :) There's no end in sight at the moment. I have lots of plans for Pasha and Uzzy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...