Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+45) Betrayal

Betrayal Will go live on Dec 10th. I had to put the thread here ready.

Please let me know what you think be it good, bad, or mixed.

Also please note; the google map linked at the chapter top is interactive, so you can zoom it around to look at various spots or different areas. if you like,

I've been working extra hard to get chapters banked in preparation for my trip (plus do all the stuff I need to do to get ready for the trip). The good news is that, worst case , we'll shift to every-other-week postings until Christmas. (However, if I can find internet access a few times while away, chapters will appear sooner). We'll then go back to weekly for the final three chapters, which should post Dec 24th, Dec 31st, Dec 38th, and Dec 45th, with the epilogue posting with the final chapter on the 45th.

And yes, I'll be writing while away. :)

The next chapter will appear on Dec 24th, and after that we'll see the next ones (just three to go) weekly. I should be back on Christmas Day.

• 4 weeks later...

great to have the two boys back. particularly with bridget that much closer to her comeuppance.

sad that bridgets evil influence is spread so far and so wide. julie seemed such a sweet gel.....

not looking forward to the end of the series and its completely wacko time sequencing!

thanks for the entertainment.

C

I do like the turn-about-fair-play use of Gray's tracker where the video tape is concerned.

Most of the story has been about a protagonist taking his licks and just survivng.

It's nice to see Trevor taking a pro-active role in his own defense. :) I'll love reading his uncle Greg's response to his no longer being a pawn in this drama, but an active paladin himself capable of moving any direction necessary to protect himself and his lover.

thnx!

Wow, I never expected Julie to be one of the bad guys. Makes me want to go back to the beginning and see if I missed anything. Nice twist! This is getting really exciting. Also congratulations for reaching one million words!

Edited by RobV

CJ: Thanks for the latest chapter. I too figured Julie was Trevor's friend. It's difficult to learn that many of his friends were the enemy. It seems everybody has their price!

Tahiti certainly has changed since I first read about it in Mutiny on the Bounty, but the mountains, beaches and reefs still look inviting.

I hope your European travels are going well and that you are safely home two weeks from now. I'm very much looking forward to your Christmas gift of the next chapter.

OK. Readers are surprised to learn about Julie. Many have suspected that Grundig was betraying Trevor.

Now that you have read chapter 144, Betrayal, who do you think has betrayed whom?

Here are some possibilities:

Grundig has betrayed Trevor

Julie has betrayed Trevor

Julie has betrayed Bridget

Bridget has betrayed Julie

Trevor has betrayed Bridget

Trevor has betrayed Julie

Are there other possibilities?

Wow, another great turn of events. I speculated early on (back around mid 20s or 30s) that Julie would be coming back but I did not have her pegged as a bad guy. I hope she enjoys her payoff from Bridgette. I also hate to see Gray get away scott free but there is still time for him to meet up with an agressive alagator or some other sticky end. And I have to give a huge bushel full of cudos to CJ for the trick of planting Grays tracking device in that tape. That was a real stroke of genius and I love it. I am most certainly not looking forward to the end but am looking forward to the next several chapters. I hope CJ is having a good vacation. And for all of you out there that read my humble post, Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

If I were Trevor or Shane I think I would be having serious doubts about trusting anyone right about now...is everyone one Bridget's payroll? Well, If I were Trevor I would keep right on sailing, maybe stop at Bora Bora for a few days before taking off to the mid pacific...at least there, unless Bridget has a battleship, I think they would be safe! Wouldn't surprise me if she had one...a battleship, that is...Posted Image

I've decided that I will re-read the whole story after it is finished, that way I can clear my mind better about the progression of events! Excellent chapter, Mr. James. Thank god there was no cliffhangers to disturb my own tranquility...

Edited by Clydee

Posted Image ............ Well, my prediction of Julie was right on, as I suspected her a long time ago! Posted Image Grey has his escape plan already formulated and Bridget no longer has any contacts to the Aussie underworld. I'm going to guess his fate maybe be decided by one of those deadly creatures the goat told us about, just.an accidental death by fate. Julie isn't as cosy with Bridget as we were led to believe, the way she formally addressed became clear she was just an underling. Even though she betrayed Trevor, I'm sure the goat will find a soft spot in his heart and allow her to escape Bridget's clutches. NOT!! Posted Image

I am curious why Trevor and Shane would stick around though? After all mission accomplished, although that could tip Julie off if they don't check back in with her with the tape. Great chapter CJ!

Guest chrisjones

Sorry to muck up facts... PAL and NTSC video tapes can be seen and copied on Australian VCRs. It is simply a matter of a little switch,

Sorry, I have a couple of media degrees, my only excuse.

Sorry to muck up facts... PAL and NTSC video tapes can be seen and copied on Australian VCRs. It is simply a matter of a little switch,

Posted Image ..................You could have mentioned that tidbit about 20 chapters ago!! Posted Image

So what would the first among equals do with the tape in his hands? Our thoughts is that somehow Trevor will get the original tape into the hands of the Cartel and let them take out Bridget once they see how unfaithful she is. Then with Bridget gone it's home free for the boys! We are not feeling good about Julie's longevity, Xavier is heading to Tahiti and knows her location. He will likely pass the package and tracker while airborne. Once BB finds the deception she will ask Xaviers help with Julie and the boys who will be long gone. Perhaps our boys will blackmail BB as her husband tried to do...Posted Image Anything happen to us and the tape will find its way to the Cartel...That may work. Julie is such a snob, having Trevor pay for lunch while she lives in a mansion and drives a $150,000 auto...

Ah how fun, living vicariously through the pages of this wonderful book. We simply can't thank you enough CJ for all the effort it takes to compile this fantastic read. It has truly served as a focal point for our lives these past 18 months and we will certainly be in mourning once it's over...Waiting for the sequel.Posted Image

Thanks again!! Posted Image Our GOAT on top of the world!!!

The boys already know this - they played the tape on the Australian VCR on Kookaburra back in chapter 130. I suppose Trevor's just looking for a professionally made copy somewhere.

Another Amazing Chapter, The Pace Is Moveing Along Along Quite Fast Now That Trev And Shane Are Takeing An Active Role, I To Would Like To See Bridgets Face When She Sees Skippy The Kangaroo. Hope Your Travels Are Going Well And Have A Great Christmas And New Year

OK. Readers are surprised to learn about Julie. Many have suspected that Grundig was betraying Trevor.

Now that you have read chapter 144, Betrayal, who do you think has betrayed whom?

Here are some possibilities:

Grundig has betrayed Trevor

Julie has betrayed Trevor

Julie has betrayed Bridget

Bridget has betrayed Julie

Trevor has betrayed Bridget

Trevor has betrayed Julie

Are there other possibilities?

I think Trevor has betrayed both Julie and Bridget...Posted Image Not that they didn't deserve it...Posted Image Julie is betrayed by being fooled that the tape was Arnolds when in fact it probably contains the tracking device from Atlantis (the size of a deck of cards) Bridget is betrayed by being lured to Nassau where the police can easily track the "package" and perhaps finally apprehend her. Murphy's Law of course applies to all these speculations and with CJ's tales it often comes into play...Posted Image

Posted Image .............If as Chrisjones claims that the tape could have been already played, and we already know that Trevor and Shane have already seen the tape. How could Bridget not know that the tape can be played on an Aussie recorder? So the wrench is thrown in here, if Bridget is aware of this then what Trevor told Julie was a total lie and Bridget is already aware of this, or she is not savvy on technology. Not sure if the timeline in this saga allowed the technology or not to explain this. if true and Bridget was aware she would immediately move to kill Trevor and Shane and the boat.

This is a sit and wait game, I see Julie being held hostage in her home by the cartel while they wait for Trevor to return and use Julie as the lure. In a finally act of loyalty or remorse she hints to Trevor of danger and he nearly avoids landing. With the cartel in hot pursuit, and Trevor getting the 30-06 ready in deeper waters.

Sorry the spoiler button does not work for me! Posted Image

Posted Image .............If as Chrisjones claims that the tape could have been already played, and we already know that Trevor and Shane have already seen the tape. How could Bridget not know that the tape can be played on an Aussie recorder? So the wrench is thrown in here, if Bridget is aware of this then what Trevor told Julie was a total lie and Bridget is already aware of this, or she is not savvy on technology. Not sure if the timeline in this saga allowed the technology or not to explain this. if true and Bridget was aware she would immediately move to kill Trevor and Shane and the boat.

This is a sit and wait game, I see Julie being held hostage in her home by the cartel while they wait for Trevor to return and use Julie as the lure. In a finally act of loyalty or remorse she hints to Trevor of danger and he nearly avoids landing. With the cartel in hot pursuit, and Trevor getting the 30-06 ready in deeper waters.

Sorry the spoiler button does not work for me! Posted Image

Chris Jones is right about "some" video recorders/players in Australia but not all..... The NTSC option was not and is still not included in all VHS systems in Australia. I have two older recorders at home that dont have the switchPosted Image The newer one I have automatically detects whether it's PAL or NTSC....Posted Image Benji is certainly anxious to see the 30-60 in action Posted Image lets hope it gets used on Xavier and his crewPosted Image

I was kind of shocked about the whole Julie and Bridgette thing considering most of Julie and Trevor's interactions were many moon's ago, so it's been pushed out of our minds.

Bridgette would be a fool to think that Trevor hasn't watched the tape, but she's hinted at believing he did. Julie taking the "bate" tape is only going to cause more trouble because Birdgette may think that Julie betrayed her and sent a fake tape in its place, possibly to get more money out of her. So it looks like Trevor betrayed Julie switching the tapes and it looks like Julie is betraying Bridgette by sending a fake tape, but Julie has no idea its fake. What a vicious betrayal circle we are going in.

Thank you CJ for the great chapter and I am looking forward to see where the betrayal story line is going to take us,

• Site Administrator

Just to clarify the situation with Australian VCRs, new model VCRs can read NTSC or PAL format tapes - some use a switch and some auto-detect. Older models, though, can have trouble reading NTSC format. I know from personal experience. We have one NTSC tape at home (came from a toy for the boys) that we can play on our newest VCR, but won't play on the old VCR that we put in the boy's play room.

This is how Trevor got to watch the tape earlier in the story - the VCR used was a relatively new one and hence could play the tape. If he had tried to use an old model VCR (and by old, it doesn't have to be THAT old - ten years old would suffice), it would have failed.

Please note that in this chapter Trevor tells Julie he couldn't play the tape because it's not in the right format. That's a plausible statement to make as explained above - we just know it's a lie because he HAS read the tape. The key thing is that Julie believed him, and that Bridget believed Julie.

Edited by Graeme

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..