2012 Readers Choice Nominations

• Site Moderator

The 2012 Gay Authors Readers' Choice Awards.

G.A. is proud to announce that you, the members, will be voting on your picks for the best stories and poems on GA and the 'net.

Not only do you get to vote, you also get to nominate the candidates!

Please either reply to this post or PM Conner with your picks for the following categories. Nominations are limited to three per category, per member. You don't need to pick something for each one, but every nomination counts! The five entries in each category with the most nominations will be on the voting ballot. Please be sure to specify the category to which you are nominating, the name of the work, and the author. If the story is in a non-GA category, a link to the story must be supplied. Nominations will open at 12:01 AM EST, January 6, 2012 and will be accepted until 12:00 AM EST on January 27, 2012. Please do not edit any original nomination posts. If you would like to make changes to your choices, please do so via PM. The winners will then be decided by a vote of the GA membership.

Since the stories are not available to everyone, Premium Content stories are not eligible for nominations.

The story must have been posted, in all or in part, during 2012.

• Best Hosted Story
  • Best Promising Story
  • Best GA Stories
  • Best Anthology Story
  • Best Non-GA Story
  • Best Antagonist/Villain (From any 2012 GA story)
  • Best Protagonist/Hero (From any 2012 GA story)
  • Best Poem
  • Best Story by a New Anthology Author
  • Best GA Stories by a New Author
  • The King (or, if female, Queen) of Cliffhangers

Special Notes: Cliffhangers is open to any author here at GA, or from another site, as long as the Author is an active member of GA and a link is posted to the story.

Due to winning KOC two years in a row, C James is not eligible for nomination for 2012.

If you have any questions, please post those in a separate thread, or PM Conner

The fine print: Nominating your own work is allowed. To be eligible, all or part of the story must have been posted to Gay Authors during 2012. If the work in question is a non-GA story, then it must have been posted to the linked site within the above specified time frame. Authors will be limited to no more than three categories, and if nominated for more than three categories the author will choose which three. If an author has more than one work nominated in a specific category, the author will choose which story they wish to have compete. If the author does not choose, the administrators will do so based upon the number of nominations. The administrators of the awards reserve the right to use any method they choose to reduce the number of nominations in any given category for any reason. The administrators of the awards reserve the right to add to, remove from, or otherwise modify the rules at any time. The term administrators is used to refer to the Writers Support Team.

Edited by TalonRider
I think there should be a sperate category for finished stories vs. in progress. There are some stories that only post a few (2 maybe 3 chapters a year) they should not be in the same category as a completed story.

Why?

The 'new' in both those categories has always meant 'posted a story/anthology for the very first time'. When the member actively joined the site doesn't matter.

*Retired head bean counter

Edited by sat8997

I'm not comparing. As the award title says, I'm choosing, as a reader, my favorite (best - if you will) story as defined by the listed categories. It makes no difference to me if it's a short story, a mult-chapter story, or a 150 chapter saga that's been posting for five years.

• Like 1

■Best Hosted Story:

Paternity – Mark Arbour

Legacy – Altimexis

Beloved – Don Hanratty

■Best Promising Story

Confounded – Part II – Andr0gene

Footsteps of Giants – wrathofmagneto

Attack of the Coffee Beast – Dark

■Best GA Stories

Dust & Ash – TMcCallahan

Stronger Than Lions – Sean J Halford

The Cloud - jamessavik

■Best Anthology Story

Royal Rewards – Dark

The Escape of John Doe – Comicfan

Conversations with Strangers – Menzoberranzen

• Best Hosted Story
    1. Purpose by Andrew_Q_Gordon  (Although in 2012 it moved to Premium, it was available to everyone through the final chapter, and for several months after.
    2. (Un)Masked by Andrew_Q_Gordon ?? is this possible since it was private published and not released on GA?  It is listed here.

• Best Promising Story
    1. Confounded Part II by Andr0gene
    2. The Funny Thing is by JWolf
    3. The English Year by Jwolf

• Best GA Stories
    1. 1.  Purpose by Andrew_Q_Gordon  (Although in 2012 it moved to Premium, it was available to everyone through the final chapter, and for several months after.
    2. The Funny Thing is by Jwolf
    3. Confounded Part II by Andr0gene

• Best Anthology Story
  • Best Non-GA Story

1. A Delicate Situation by Ronyx -- http://themustardjar.com/delicatehomepage.html
  2. Sentinel Mountain by Sequoya -- http://awesomedude.com/sequoyahsplace/Stories/SM/index.htm
  • Best Poem
  • Best Hosted Story
    1. Purpose by Andrew_Q_Gordon  (Although in 2012 it moved to Premium, it was available to everyone through the final chapter, and for several months after.
    2. (Un)Masked by Andrew_Q_Gordon ?? is this possible since it was private published and not released on GA?  It is listed here.

• Best Promising Story
    1. Confounded Part II by Andr0gene
    2. The Funny Thing is by JWolf
    3. The English Year by Jwolf

• Best GA Stories
    1. 1.  Purpose by Andrew_Q_Gordon  (Although in 2012 it moved to Premium, it was available to everyone through the final chapter, and for several months after.
    2. The Funny Thing is by Jwolf
    3. Confounded Part II by Andr0gene

• Best Anthology Story
  • Best Non-GA Story

1. A Delicate Situation by Ronyx -- http://themustardjar.com/delicatehomepage.html
  2. Sentinel Mountain by Sequoya -- http://awesomedude.com/sequoyahsplace/Stories/SM/index.htm
  • Best Poem

The GA Stories category is for those stories not from a Hosted or Promising Author, yes?

I believe (Un)Masked would be flat out ineligible - but I too wonder about Purpose since it was free for part of the year. There certainly has been a lot of changes as far as the Q is concerned this year... :P

I hope people are PMing this year. I'd hate to see this die and I know there are more readers than this out there.. so COME ON READERS! Make us Authors feel good about ourselves.. haha. 

• Site Moderator
The GA Stories category is for those stories not from a Hosted or Promising Author, yes?

That would be correct. It covers the rest of the authors posting in GA Stories.

I PM'd my nominations directly to Conner and I too am hoping that many others are following that route.  Remember, you can just nominate in the categories that appeal to you.  You do not have to provide an entry for each and every category!     I am looking forward to seeing the  results of the nomination process and voting too!

Guest AvidReader101

Best Hosted Story

Paternity by Mark Arbour

Purpose by Andrew Q

Best Promising Story

Confounded by Androgene

Best GA Stories

Dust and Ash by TMcCallahan

The Game He Lost by Michael9344

Caught Behind The Shadows by Michael9344

Best Anthology Story

Best Non-GA Story

Best Antagonist/Villain (From any 2012

GA story)

Best Protagonist/Hero (From any 2012 GA

story)

Best Poem

Best Story by a New Anthology Author

Best GA Stories by a New Author

The King (or, if female, Queen) of

Cliffhangers

Best GA Stories' category

1)English Teen Circumcised In The USA by Riley Jericho

2)Hidden Sunlight by Stellar

3) Charlie by Hamencheese

Best promising story,

1)Tentacles by Nephylim.

2)Gone From Daylight - by Comicality

Best Protagonist/Hero

1)Ryan Alexis - English Teen Circumcised In The USA

2) Justin - Gone From Daylight

Queen/King of Cliffhangers

1)The best queen of Cliffhangers - Nephylim

2)The best King of Cliffhangers - Comicality.

• Best Hosted Story

How the Light Gets In - Duncan Ryder

• Best GA Stories

1. Hidden Sunlight - Stellar

2. Stronger Than Lions - Sean J Halford

• Best Anthology Story

Milner Device - Andy021278

• Best Antagonist 

Bridget Bellevue - Circumnavigation by C James

• Best Protagonist

Mira - Hidden Sunlight by Stellar

• Best GA Story by New Author

Just One Word by Roan 

Hosted Story

Nephylism "City under the waves"

Cia "never more lonely"

Promising Story

Comicfan "The strange life of Jonas Marks"

CassieQ "Reach"

GA Story

KC Grim "Shepherd crook"

CarringtonRJ "swoon"

(Why is this all smooshed together???) :(

Edited by Rosie Posie

Best Hosted Story 

• Circumnavigation by C James
  • The Kandric Saga by Kyle Aarons

Best GA Stories

•  English Teen Circumcised In The USA by Riley Jericho
  •  Circumnavigation by C James

Best Non-GA Story

Best Antagonist/Villain (From any 2012 GA story)

• Bridget - Circumnavigation by C James

Best Protagonist/Hero (From any 2012 GA story)

• Treveor - Circumnavigation by C James
  •     Kendric - The Kandric Saga by Kyle Aarons

The King (or, if female, Queen) of Cliffhangers

•  
  • C James for Circumnavigation
Edited by Simonjames30
  • Like 1

• Best GA Stories : 1.Shepherds Crook by K C Grim

• 2. Hello, my name is.. by Naptowngirl

Best Anthology Story: A friend in need by andy021278

Best GA Stories by a New Author: All that matters by podga

Best non GA story: Backstage romance by Ikhneumon on Literotica http://www.literotica.com/s/backstage-romance-ch-01

• Best Hosted Story - Mark Arbour - Paternity

•  

Best GA Stories -  Dust and Ash Tucker McCallahan!!!!  Hidden Sunlight - Stellar

Best Protagonist/Hero (From any 2012 GA story) Ash from Dust and Ash and Mira From Hidden Sunlight

Best GA Stories by a New Author - Dust and Ash by Tucker McCallahan and Hidden Sunlight by Stellar

The King (or, if female, Queen) of Cliffhangers - Tucker McCallahan and Cia (Oh yes you do!)

Edited by Nephylim

I'm still relatively new to the site and learning about so many authors has been a wonderful experience.  I've run across so many talented writers and fallen in love with so many stories on this site.  I wish I could nominate so many more but decided to reserve and narrow it down to just a select few. 

• Best Hosted Story- The Experiment and Adverse Effect by Cia; Purpose by Andrew_Q_Gordon (It is currently marked Premium but when it was originally posted it was open for all to read)
  •  
  • Best GA Stories-  The Life of Him by SidLove; An English Teen, Circumcised in the USA by Riley Jericho; Maverick Cattle Company by Reddirtwriter
  •  
  •  
  • Best Antagonist/Villain (From any 2012 GA story)- Bridget from Circumnavigation by C James
  • Best Protagonist/Hero (From any 2012 GA story)- Mira from Hidden Sunlight
  •  
  •  
  • Best GA Stories by a New Author-  Dust and Ash by Tucker McCallahan
  • The King (or, if female, Queen) of Cliffhangers The King- Tucker McCallahan and for the Queen it would be Nephylim