Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+50) Countdown to Doomsday

Countdown to Doomsday is up!

Happy December 59th, 2012!

After this chapter (Chapter N9), we have 2 chapters and an epilogue. The End is Nigh. And, as I promised, we'll get it all done before we reach 100 chapters in this story, and before the end of 2012. And of course, entirely cliffhanger-free.

Posted 59 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

The chapter is now up, thanks to AJ, who is part of GA's tech support team.

Thank you AJ!!!!!

BTW, the above post lists yesterday's time and date, due to me making the post last night. I marked it invisible once I encountered the formatting issue. (That's why it says Dec 59th, not December 60th on the official timestamp)

CJ :)

Wow...you sure paint a dismal picture for Trevor & Shane...but, fortunately for us we know you have something up your sleeve!  If the endgame is anything like any of your other writings the endgame will be messy but things come out okay in the end. (How many times can you say "end" in a sentence??? :unsure: )but I digress, I know it's a secret but Cuba to me is risky even with all those hunky marines and sailors to protect them.   :mace:  :2hands:​  :battleaxe:

Hmmm doesn't look good for the boys if the doom and gloom prophesies and attitudes of both Gonzales and Frank Tittle come to pass. :thumbdown:  I somehow think that Bridgets castle will come crashing down in the most unexpected of ways... :devil:  I looked back at the chapter when Arnolds' message is finally revealed and it's obvious that he hated Bridgets' guts and wanted to "destroy" ;)  her. The curious thing on the tape of course is that he wishes that Bridget would get her hands on the DOLL...... :P  I believe Benji mentioned a while back that he thought that the doll might make an appearance........ Maybe it will accomplish Arnolds wish for him...??? :)

With only 2 chapters and epilogue to go, CJ leaves us with the most depressing assessment of the probable future for Trevor and Shane as stated by the lawyer for Trevor's dad:

"....So, my current opinion is that Trevor and Shane won’t survive much longer, and Bridget will continue to build her power. Henry will have died for nothing, and so will Trevor and Shane. I wish I could offer more hope than that, but I just don’t see any way out of this.”

So it appears to me the only possible recourse for Shane and Trevor is to disappear in the South Atlantic and put on permanent hold their intentions of any sort of normal life.  As long as Bridget and her minions have the resources and manpower that they do, nowhere is going to be safe for them.  So CJ better have a spectacular ending planned as Bridget really needs to implode and take with her as many as her cohorts as possible. 

Guest chrisjones

A damaged forestay... now I am seriously worried. If this lets go then say goodbye to your mast. I have a set of heavy bolt cutters behind the starboard settee in the salon to cut the rigging and leave the mast behind to sink. As for the hole in my deck... another worry

B) .......'If they know that Trevor and Shane have the tape and it is released, they will be marked for death for the rest of their very short lives."

Nope I see a way out, one I figure Gonzales will also see. Let it be known that the FBI cracked the recipe code left by Arnold  even if false and claim they found the original tape in a long term safety deposit vault leased by Arnold. The FBI is to big for the cartel to take on, but takes the heat off the boys. The only one that will know this is deceptive is Bridget, and as Xavier only hears one side of the story from Bridget, and I'm not sure he is in her court entirely anyways, he can truthfully say that after torturing Julie that she claimed the boys never viewed the tape. If Xavier is indeed reporting back to the rest of the cartel, then Bridget's days are indeed numbered, in light of her expansion army. So time is critical for her in her perceived 2-3 week period to be clear of the tape emerging.

Frank Tittle may of be of use though and it could put his life at risk in giving a copy of the tape to the other cartel, perhaps he can be persuasive enough to give them an unopened package that he claims he never saw but heard about to a client of his! 

The goat has always claimed that those that saw the tape were marked for death, the doom scenario is echoed in this chapter, but if it was only the FBI and the other cartel seeing this tape, then the game changes entirely with Bridget being on the run again this time to seek revenge against those that cost her: Trevor and Shane!

BTW this chapter should have been named 'operation Ice chest' LOL!!

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

It's always darkest just before the end of the storm and as it breaks, the sun comes out…

Pollyanna hopes you enjoy her view of things...

Let us hope our boys encounter a few turns of good luck to have such an ending!

A good theory, Benji, but Bridget doesn't seem like the "forgive and forget" type to me. I think that, as long as she's alive, she'll be working to kill Trevor and Shane.

B) ............But I agree with that!  Where I say otherwise?

Sorry, I must have misunderstood, I thought you were implying that getting the tape to the FBI would take the heat off the boys whilst Bridget concentrated on saving herself.

It might be a short-term relief, but I just think that, as long as she's alive, Bridget will have Trev and Shane in her sights.

Benji has a good point.  If Bridget can get hold of the tape without its contents becoming public, killing Trevor and Shane serves no practical purpose.  It only appeals to her sense of vengeance.

Edited by MikeL

There are a lot of theories about how the boys epic adventure will conclude. But as we all know, the crafty goat can't be trusted to follow convention, so I'm certain the last couple of chapters will contain plenty more twists and turns. As mentioned by others, what about the claim that anyone who sees the tape is doomed to death; or the infamous doll; or any one of several other clues (or diversions????). And I didn't really see Gitmo coming. Maybe the Falklands isn't such a bad idea after all. However it all wraps up, one thing is for sure. It's been one hell of a ride!! Hats off to you, CJ!

B) .......'If they know that Trevor and Shane have the tape and it is released, they will be marked for death for the rest of their very short lives."

Nope I see a way out, one I figure Gonzales will also see. Let it be known that the FBI cracked the recipe code left by Arnold  even if false and claim they found the original tape in a long term safety deposit vault leased by Arnold. The FBI is to big for the cartel to take on, but takes the heat off the boys. The only one that will know this is deceptive is Bridget, and as Xavier only hears one side of the story from Bridget, and I'm not sure he is in her court entirely anyways, he can truthfully say that after torturing Julie that she claimed the boys never viewed the tape. If Xavier is indeed reporting back to the rest of the cartel, then Bridget's days are indeed numbered, in light of her expansion army. So time is critical for her in her perceived 2-3 week period to be clear of the tape emerging.

Frank Tittle may of be of use though and it could put his life at risk in giving a copy of the tape to the other cartel, perhaps he can be persuasive enough to give them an unopened package that he claims he never saw but heard about to a client of his! 

The goat has always claimed that those that saw the tape were marked for death, the doom scenario is echoed in this chapter, but if it was only the FBI and the other cartel seeing this tape, then the game changes entirely with Bridget being on the run again this time to seek revenge against those that cost her: Trevor and Shane!

BTW this chapter should have been named 'operation Ice chest' LOL!!

I think it's a good theory but unfortunately, CJ has already let it be known that her (Bridgets) plans of expansion over the next two to three weeks would succeed...... :whistle:  Quote:  "By her own estimates, she was already unlikely to be subject to a move against her, and would be completely impervious within two to three weeks. In her darker moments, she feared that she would not have the time she needed, though those fears would prove to be unfounded." It certainly makes the storyline look like Bridget just may come out on top...... :lmao: I think CJ has some pretty spectacular surprises up his sleeve to get the boys out of what seems like an unwinnable situation :)

I am assuming they did fix the forestay before they left on such an adventure.  A stop at St Helena would slow them down and Canary's might be risky too.  But I am guessing all they need to do is get Bridget's peeps to their mystery base and all answeres would be forthcoming after a bit of waterboarding.   I am already going into anticipatory withdrawel to this weekly fix..  But you do keep the cliff hangers coming right up till the final drop.  Thanks.  I wish there would be more of the voyage but even I probably am ready to get to the nitty gritty at this point.  Thanks again for this great work.  Pax Steve.   Circumnavigator SV Gandalf(my boat not me) but this picture is of me in the Azores.

Congratulations CJ for being impressively on target to complete this epic saga in no more than 100 chapters and by no later than the promised deadline of 31 December 2012. This is a staggering achievement or, should I say, would have been will be when but for your evil and hideously cruel delaying tactics the final word is triumphantly typed.

You may have noticed I've been absent of late. I decided a while back that the best way to enjoy a feast is to pile up the food in front of you and then, holding two large spoons, scoop up the food, cramming it in using a rowing motion and swallowing with each alternate stroke while simultaneously breathing to avoid oxygen starvation - a technique, I suspect, that was key [as in Lime Pie] to Trevor surviving that unfortunate mishap with the pirates. And so it is with your literary feast. But I didn't say anything because I feared this might disrupt your equilibrium and thus sabotage your carefully planned and brilliantly executed roll out scheme the evil Goat's cunningly clever yet deviously wicked Australian numbering ploy.

When the epic is complete I shall sit down and gorge myself. I can't wait for 31 December 2012! :D

I think it's a good theory but unfortunately, CJ has already let it be known that her (Bridgets) plans of expansion over the next two to three weeks would succeed...... :whistle:  Quote:  "By her own estimates, she was already unlikely to be subject to a move against her, and would be completely impervious within two to three weeks. In her darker moments, she feared that she would not have the time she needed, though those fears would prove to be unfounded." It certainly makes the storyline look like Bridget just may come out on top...... :lmao: I think CJ has some pretty spectacular surprises up his sleeve to get the boys out of what seems like an unwinnable situation :)

B) .....................That did bother me when I wrote what I did, and tried to justify it being Bridget's muse and not the moderator in the story here. I was 99% sure that this saga was not going to have sequel, so Trevor and Shane's destinies must be laid to rest here, the goat is not going to kill off his heroes, and Bridget deserves a death worthy of the story. Perhaps a well shooting Trevor armed with a 30-06 weapon manages to sink a boat in warm shark infested waters with Bridget at the helm. Another thing is I think Xavier is not aligned with Bridget as she thinks he is, I think he aligned with the upper cartel members. Xavier is reporting to them in all aspects of Bridget's adventures, with Xavier in charge of the training of the new troops which can be easily be taken OUT of Bridget's hands, giving her her goal yet a false hope of securing her reign in the cartel.

So my thoughts are really how do the kids get out of this mess? The simple solution is that they are not really involved in it, Gonzales does not trust the department, so what if was leaked that the original tape was found by the FBI, not Trevor. The only one that would suspect it was not true would only be Bridget, as she started this mess only to implicate Trevor's father to take the heat off her murdering Arnold.

My thoughts!

Edited by Benji

B) .....................That did bother me when I wrote what I did, and tried to justify it being Bridget's muse and not the moderator in the story here. I was 99% sure that this saga was not going to have sequel, so Trevor and Shane's destinies must be laid to rest here, the goat is not going to kill off his heroes, and Bridget deserves a death worthy of the story. Perhaps a well shooting Trevor armed with a 30-06 weapon manages to sink a boat in warm shark infested waters with Bridget at the helm. Another thing is I think Xavier is not aligned with Bridget as she thinks he is, I think he aligned with the upper cartel members. Xavier is reporting to them in all aspects of Bridget's adventures, with Xavier in charge of the training of the new troops which can be easily be taken OUT of Bridget's hands, giving her her goal yet a false hope of securing her reign in the cartel.

So my thoughts are really how do the kids get out of this mess? The simple solution is that they are not really involved in it, Gonzales does not trust the department, so what if was leaked that the original tape was found by the FBI, not Trevor. The only one that would suspect it was not true would only be Bridget, as she started this mess only to implicate Trevor's father to take the heat off her murdering Arnold.

My thoughts!

Yep! it would be great to see Bridget come to a sticky end via Arnolds dead hands... It would certainly add irony to the end of the tale.. 0:)  The thought of Trevor with the 30-06 is pretty good though as well :devil: I recon your ideas about Xavier could be right on the money so yes even though Bridget will get her private army organised, will they be loyal to her or Xavier?? :chris:  there could be double double crosses happening in the cartel LOL :vic:

Wow...you sure paint a dismal picture for Trevor & Shane...but, fortunately for us we know you have something up your sleeve!  If the endgame is anything like any of your other writings the endgame will be messy but things come out okay in the end. (How many times can you say "end" in a sentence??? :unsure: )but I digress, I know it's a secret but Cuba to me is risky even with all those hunky marines and sailors to protect them.   :mace:  :2hands:​  :battleaxe:

Gitmo is about as safe a place as they can be. Their problem is there aren't any truly safe places they can be for long. 

A damaged forestay... now I am seriously worried. If this lets go then say goodbye to your mast. I have a set of heavy bolt cutters behind the starboard settee in the salon to cut the rigging and leave the mast behind to sink. As for the hole in my deck... another worry

Yep, but they got it fixed. Still, as you know, such things might indicate other rigging issues, and Atlantis has taken a pounding.

BTW, in Melbourne, we saw them get bolt cutters. A wise sailor always prepares for such things. :)

With only 2 chapters and epilogue to go, CJ leaves us with the most depressing assessment of the probable future for Trevor and Shane as stated by the lawyer for Trevor's dad:

"....So, my current opinion is that Trevor and Shane won’t survive much longer, and Bridget will continue to build her power. Henry will have died for nothing, and so will Trevor and Shane. I wish I could offer more hope than that, but I just don’t see any way out of this.”

So it appears to me the only possible recourse for Shane and Trevor is to disappear in the South Atlantic and put on permanent hold their intentions of any sort of normal life.  As long as Bridget and her minions have the resources and manpower that they do, nowhere is going to be safe for them.  So CJ better have a spectacular ending planned as Bridget really needs to implode and take with her as many as her cohorts as possible. 

The ending is coming... in fact, the next chapter is called "The End is Nigh". And yep, nowhere is safe. And for Trevor and Shane, thanks to all the publicity they've had, they don't have the option of taking on new identities - you can't do that when you're famous.

ok so we end on a really positive, hopeful and cheerful note.......  all the characters we like die, probably painfully, and evil triumphs - <sigh>.....

It's just a little hint of tension. :)

Congratulations CJ for being impressively on target to complete this epic saga in no more than 100 chapters and by no later than the promised deadline of 31 December 2012. This is a staggering achievement or, should I say, would have been will be when but for your evil and hideously cruel delaying tactics the final word is triumphantly typed.

You may have noticed I've been absent of late. I decided a while back that the best way to enjoy a feast is to pile up the food in front of you and then, holding two large spoons, scoop up the food, cramming it in using a rowing motion and swallowing with each alternate stroke while simultaneously breathing to avoid oxygen starvation - a technique, I suspect, that was key [as in Lime Pie] to Trevor surviving that unfortunate mishap with the pirates. And so it is with your literary feast. But I didn't say anything because I feared this might disrupt your equilibrium and thus sabotage your carefully planned and brilliantly executed roll out scheme the evil Goat's cunningly clever yet deviously wicked Australian numbering ploy.

When the epic is complete I shall sit down and gorge myself. I can't wait for 31 December 2012! :D

It'll be closer to December 78th, 2012. :)

My thoughts!

That line about Bridget's fears being unfounded was narration. :)

That's one less risk for Bridget.

I'll answer more of the posts in the thread tomorrow. For now, I'll announce the next chapter; "The End is Nigh."

• Site Administrator

I can't help to think that there is something with the HAGgis that will be the clue that Gonzales and Frank will have lightbulbs go off and come up for a final solution to eliminating Briget and the Cartel in one swoop. If only there was something the would really anger the Bahamian Government to ask for help in the capture and deportation of Bridget to the US. Even if she goes to Cuba, I don't think the Cubans are going to be very cooperative to help out the US.

I'm stumped right now :(

Even if Grundig is part of Bridgets inner circle of contacts, he would be so low level, not much could be done to him to get to her :( .

The only other clues that may help in the end that I can help to think may help is the viewing of the tape by Gonzales and Tittle, the brick of gold Arnold left behind, the doll left behind and the 30-06 rifle. I still think the Haggis receipe is he final piece of the puzzle that is needed.

The only other possibility could be that Trevor or Shane missed something in the fake beam in Kookabura. Possibly if the boys tell Uncle Greg to have Ned remove the beam and the find something else (like a code breaking sheet) there may be hope yet.

Thanks for the chapter again CJ :2thumbs:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..