[Andrew_Q_Gordon] Second Shot - The Senior Year

Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm happy your writing these Flash Fiction Chapters, I thought it was going to be a few years until I heard about Jason and Pete. Now I have something to hope for again, haha. I came on here today to just reread a chapter or two and it was a big surprise to see senior year, made my day!

Tony C.

Tony,

Wow, I even got to be your first GA post too.   :)

Okay, so first, glad to know you're liking the new stuff.  it's a bit harder and easier to write if that makes sense.  The artificial word count limit makes the stories more focused and concise, but at the same time, they can be less than satisfying if I can't get the story into 1000 words.  I've decided that IF I need more, I'll either continue the same thread for another week OR, I'll find a natural break and post the rest on GA as a longer chapter.  IDK yet.

As for the sequel, well yes, I do have a sequel kinda mapped out already so no need to tell you sod off, just that I've already got the story line mapped out.  This 'senior year, might last a bit more than a year in the telling, but hopefully it will set up the sequel well enough that I can transition.  I will tell you that I do kinda have the last 'chapter' thought out so that I can segue into the five years later story.  But I have to find the time to do the five years later.  SO nope, not gonna say shove off, just gonna say, I've got the story laid out.   :D

Andy

I'm really starting to think that I need to re-read the original story to get a re-fresher on everybody else (which will be no small task :P).

This feels more like the "scene" is now complete, whereas when it cut off last week, it didn't.

Maybe next will be Darryl and Dean? :whistle:

• Like 1

B) ....Nice relaxing chapter, Q-man!  After all you can shower anytime! :whistle:

Indeed you can B-man.  I mean what's the point in locking the door if you're worried about who might hear you.  Besides, everyone is going to think they're doing something. Might as well do what they think you're doing to at least earn the snickers behind your backs. :D 

Edited by Andrew_Q_Gordon

I'm really starting to think that I need to re-read the original story to get a re-fresher on everybody else (which will be no small task :P).

This feels more like the "scene" is now complete, whereas when it cut off last week, it didn't.

Maybe next will be Darryl and Dean? :whistle:

Okay, first let's be clear - Dean and Darryl are straight. Sorry, but there won't be a I wonder what it feels like to have a cock in my mouth/ass moments between these two.  Not with each other, not with someone else.  They're straight, but they don't care that Jason and Peter are not.  

As for the re-reading.  Maybe I'll post a link to a chapter that corresponds to the reference if there is one in the short chapters.  That way I'll save y'all some major reading.  LOL

• Like 1

That's not what I meant. What I meant by that was that maybe they'll be who we hear from next. (And :whistle: was the best emoticon that I could think of for right there. :P)

And seeing as it's been a while since I last even glanced at the story, I'm thinking I ought to re-read it again anyway. The reference points would be great :) , but my mind's made up on the full re-read either way. :P

• Like 1

That's not what I meant. What I meant by that was that maybe they'll be who we hear from next. (And :whistle: was the best emoticon that I could think of for right there. :P)

And seeing as it's been a while since I last even glanced at the story, I'm thinking I ought to re-read it again anyway. The reference points would be great :) , but my mind's made up on the full re-read either way. :P

Well thanks for the clarification - not that I'm naming names, but you know some people want all the hot guys to be gay and if they're not, they get pissy. 0:)

Actually Dean was one of my two choices for next chapter, so we'll see.  Not sure I'm ready to get inside his or Darryl's head - i.e. it will be about him but from someone elses perspective.  Not sure yet.

Well thanks for the clarification - not that I'm naming names, but you know some people want all the hot guys to be gay and if they're not, they get pissy. 0:)

I do hope you're not including me in that sort of rabble-rousing. :P (Not that it wouldn't be nice, but I know better than to insist on that sort of thing. :))

From the chapter:

"What do you think you're doing, Dean?"

0:)

Poor Dean... (Not. :P) Does alcohol really have such a strong pull on him that he's willing to go against everyone just to have some? :o:(

• Like 1

I think the surprising aspect of it comes from that he knows he's openly defying everyone by doing so. That, rather than anything else - because they're basically telling him "it's not cool" in a way...aren't they? I shudder to think what it might take for him to "get" it. :/

Sorry to do this but there won't be a chapter today. Sorry. Been a hectic Easter week.

That said - am doing a pseudo book giveaway on my blog - pseudo in the sense it's not really a giveaway post but I'll be giving away a book to so some who comments. I'm really interested in what readers think so if you look a this please go read and comment to enter.

Here's the link:

http://andrewqgordon.com/2013/04/03/reviews-are-they-useful/

Thanks

Andy

Once again, we have what seems to look like Part 1 of a 2-Part scene. Only this time, I haven't even the faintest imagination as to what comes next. :unsure:

Would you be angry if I said, neither do I??  :o

Okay, put the pitchfork down, I have a clue and some new tails [pun intended as well as the 'misspelled' word] to spin.  

I suppose I should ask here - do folks have 'suggestions' on who they want to read more about?

Would you be angry if I said, neither do I??   :o

Okay, put the pitchfork down, I have a clue and some new tails [pun intended as well as the 'misspelled' word] to spin.  

I suppose I should ask here - do folks have 'suggestions' on who they want to read more about?

B) ............Good question? But the reality is that you are holding the reigns in this story, I guess i would like to hear more of the two main characters and the aftermath of the assault, don't get me wrong the love scenes are great but seem to bog down the story. Not like I'm expecting anymore drama in this mini-sequel, but so far there seems to be no plot forming. 

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

Oh so many things to address.

Plot - I think I said it up front, but there ISN'T a plot in the traditional sense, at least not yet. These are more or less glimpses into the lives of the characters. That said, I have an idea where everything is going. I think today is a bit more of what I see as the 'main' plot of the story.  I kind of see this as follow Blake [and through him] Ethan.  I don't expect this to be the compelling issues like in SS. no gay bashing that puts one or the other in the hospital, no homophobic mother to sway, no threat of being cut off etc.  I was hoping to show a school year of some friends, with the main part being how one - Blake - deals with liking someone who's 3 hours away.  That and juggling school and soccer.  

Length - Maybe the 1000 word briefs won't be enough and I'll end up supplementing what I post of GA - that's difficult given the format of the Wed Group, but not impossible.  The supplements would need to not impact the over all story enough that missing them would make it hard to follow the Wednesday story. I have a couple thoughts on that, i.e., refer the Wed Brief folks to GA for the rest of the story and remind them after one installment and before the next to be sure to read the extended stuff or maybe posting supplemental chapters on my site and GA.  IDK really.  But it's something I'm thinking about.

"Chapters" - This chapter in particular is one I struggled with how to end.  For example. I though about just ending it after the part about Reggie, and then make a 'part II' so to speak.  By ending it this way, I'm sorta stuck - I really can't go back at the start of the next chapter and continue this conversation. It would be too anticlimactic.  Now I also don't need to go to 'friday' and them together either.  So I have options, I just need to figure out what to do with it.  And maybe the answer ends up being scrapping the Wed Brief concept - though to be honest I doubt I'll do that, it's too important to my website development at this point, ask for a bit of a dispensation to write more than 1000 per go - or post in between.  

Stuff to consider, but no decision imminent.  I do, however, hear your concerns and share some of them.

AQG

B) ............Good question? But the reality is that you are holding the reigns in this story, I guess i would like to hear more of the two main characters and the aftermath of the assault, don't get me wrong the love scenes are great but seem to bog down the story. Not like I'm expecting anymore drama in this mini-sequel, but so far there seems to be no plot forming. 

If you're talking about what I think you are, I thought this was addressed in the latter part of Second Shot - with Peter's insecurities that formed as a result of it, and how they very nearly drove Jason to break up with him. That, and the entire Trial of Jordan Colmar tale as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha, sorry, I've been a bit checked out the last two weeks. Don't think I saw this.  But yes, this is something of a repeat of when Dean visited while Pete was in the hospital.  Somethings don't change I guess. 0:)

Edited by Andrew_Q_Gordon

Haha, sorry, I've been a bit checked out the last two weeks. Don't think I saw this. But yes, this is something of a repeat of when Dean visited while Pete was in the hospital. Somethings don't change I guess. 0:)

On that front...from what I've noticed in the reviews, I'm getting really bad, ominous vibes regarding Dean. It's almost like I'm getting a telegraph that simply states: "Expect the worst." :/

As for this chapter - something that's occurred to me in re-reads: We don't know, exactly, how Blake and Ethan first met. It didn't happen in the big story, and neither even appeared during Jordan's trial. So...it might make for some good dinner date conversation. :)

• Like 1

On that front...from what I've noticed in the reviews, I'm getting really bad, ominous vibes regarding Dean. It's almost like I'm getting a telegraph that simply states: "Expect the worst." :/

As for this chapter - something that's occurred to me in re-reads: We don't know, exactly, how Blake and Ethan first met. It didn't happen in the big story, and neither even appeared during Jordan's trial. So...it might make for some good dinner date conversation. :)

I'm not sure that I'd say there are bad things coming for Dean.  There is a lot that can and will happen.

I get that we never had the full - how did they meet - but I thought there was enough for folks to get the gist.  That said, if you don't really know, I think it's a good idea to work it in in the next couple chapters.  So keep your eyes peeled.  

Q

A little walk across an empty campus never hurt anyone. Can it?

:P You tease!

I had a feeling that you'd intended for the party to be their first time meeting, but it seemed like there was still room for them to have met already and the party was just where things heated up (so to speak :whistle: ).

Edited by MJ85
  • Like 1

Tease? Me? Really?  :blink:  Okay, well just a bit. :-P

As for them meeting, the comment from you to explain was spot on and appreciated. If you didn't 'get it' then it's likely others didn't either, so it was really helpful.   Any more helpful hints?

-AQG

• Like 1

As for them meeting, the comment from you to explain was spot on and appreciated. If you didn't 'get it' then it's likely others didn't either, so it was really helpful.   Any more helpful hints?

-AQG

-AQG

B) ........Hey Q-man, a very sedentary chapter until the end!  Although you brought the fears of being open and out in public and the balk and determination to do this was insightful on Blake's psyche.  The first step out the door will be revealing, and what the 'F' was that all about leaving us with

A little walk across an empty campus never hurt anyone. Can it?  I vote no on any violent confrontation as the news of Jordan and his friends are still fresh in the minds of the student population, however I'm sure he will encounter a bit of hassle and a bit of support.  I'm guessing most will just be surprised, but it will die down faster then the regular High School antics that people go through in their lives. After all this is college, great chapter!

Thanks Q-man!!

Benji

• Like 1