R.I.P. Cory Montieth

"Glee" Star  Cory Monteith passes away at the age of 31

I'm seriously shocked and saddened by this. I first took notice of Cory Monteith when he was on the show Kyle XY around 2006, and I was really happy about the success he found on Glee. I found his story of struggling against drug addiction really inspirational...but...I guess sometimes demons can't be overcome.

What a waste of such a beautiful and talented young man.

Edited by methodwriter85

OMG  my mum told me on the phone I thought she was joking but when I read the news I was shocked and deeply saddened. R.I.P Cory Monteith my heart goes out to all his family and friends, you are in a better place now away from hurt and pain x

it's a shame. and a sad waste.

but i'll admit that i'm curious about what the producers will now do with the story lines of Glee or whether they will drop the show completely.

I will miss his voice and silly dance moves.

I don't think they'll drop the show.  But they'll have to have an 'emergency' episode where something happens to his character.  It's a shame.  Autopsy was scheduled for yesterday (or today depending) and I'm quite anxious to see how it turns out.

...no. Do not want. :( I followed him on Twitter, and I loved him on Glee, he was one of my favourites ever since the beginning and just no, this is not okay in any way. Feel like I'm gonna cry... Which, since I'm currently sat at a Wetherspoon in Gatwick Airport would be kind of awkward.

No, I'd like this erased please. I'd like Cory Monteith to please not be dead. Because this is just too sad. :(

• Site Administrator

Latest news out of Vancouver is that they are going to go to autopsy and toxicology. Usually this isn't done unless there is no apparent reason of death.

The Vancouver Police Chief said there is no appearance of illicit drug use or foul play so at this point, it is a mystery as to why he died. The reason I bring this up is that although he was recently in rehab, it might not be a foregone conclusion that he died of an overdose.

I too was saddened when I heard this :(

Edited by wildone

RIP

this is the 2nd time I heard this heroin n alcohol the last couple of years ... I forgot who that last famous person was?

Heath Ledger? Amy Winehouse or however you spell her last name. It doesn't really matter which drugs killed these people. Any of them in their most basic form or mixture can kill at any time. Addiction or not. 

it was an overdose of Heroine as I recall hearing on the news....

What is sad is that you could see he was not happy and yet no one was there to stop him from falling...

There was a bunch of news about how everyone thought he WAS happy.  Even his mentor had commented that he looked good, looking forward to the future, was all smiles and laughs.

I guess the truth is, we never really know what's going to bring someone to the edge or how to help if they don't open up.  You can't really catch someone if you don't even know they're falling.  Such a shame.

There was a bunch of news about how everyone thought he WAS happy.  Even his mentor had commented that he looked good, looking forward to the future, was all smiles and laughs.

I guess the truth is, we never really know what's going to bring someone to the edge or how to help if they don't open up.  You can't really catch someone if you don't even know they're falling.  Such a shame.

Well it just shows that closeness to a person can blind you to their problems and even their needs....