Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation Epilogue

A goatwriter? Hilarious! It was great to finally see all the loose ends tied up and events brought to a satisfying close. The part about Trev and Shane getting married was icing on the cake; I hadn't really thought about that. But everything from how to use both cats for charters, to visa questions, to how to handle the gold, and everything in between, had a totally believable solution presented. Once again, CJ, hats off to you! The only appropriate way to sign off would be to say, "Thanks for one hell of a ride!!".

• Like 1

excellent story - the abuse of Australians, our language, customs and general behaviour was unrelenting and inventive but did add to a great story.  I was concerned for a while that Bridget was going to survive, I am bloody glad she didn't.  Thanks again

• Like 1

I want to express my sincere gratitude for writing Circumnavigation.  It is a wonderful combination of adventure story, a love story and a travelogue.  As I'm approaching retirement, it has inspired me to visit some of the places Trevor and Shane did.  All I have to do is figure out how to pay for it (small detail - ha ha).  I am looking forward to reading more of your work; please, continue writing.

Again thanks for writing Circumnavigation!

A Fan,

Dave

• Like 1

Thank you CJ it has certainly been an epic journey one that I have thoroughly enjoyed

I started to read it again last week and the "Epilogue" was posted just a few days after I finished reading the last chapter GREAT TIMING

I did lean a few new things from your book and had to exercise my grey matter as I researched them more deeply

As an Aussie I congratulate you on the writing about Australia with only a few minor errors

Looking forward to your next book

Thank you again

Bob

• Like 1

B) .............. You caught me off guard goat, I didn't expect to see it early today, I thought maybe tonight.  Anyhow great job of tying up all the loose ends, you don't say, but I gather Bridgett's estate was a lot more then first thought. If Wesson  has a scholarship fund named after him, the estate must be worth in the tens of millions. I guess they did need to find the body of Bridgett, to solidify their case. Perhaps somebody will do her justice and cremate her and spread her ashes in a pig stye. LOL!  Well, the end had to come, and a great ending it was too!  Thanks for the voyage CJ!

Benji

• Like 1

A goatwriter? Hilarious! It was great to finally see all the loose ends tied up and events brought to a satisfying close. The part about Trev and Shane getting married was icing on the cake; I hadn't really thought about that. But everything from how to use both cats for charters, to visa questions, to how to handle the gold, and everything in between, had a totally believable solution presented. Once again, CJ, hats off to you! The only appropriate way to sign off would be to say, "Thanks for one hell of a ride!!".

Thanks!! It's been a long ride, for sure. :)

excellent story - the abuse of Australians, our language, customs and general behaviour was unrelenting and inventive but did add to a great story.  I was concerned for a while that Bridget was going to survive, I am bloody glad she didn't.  Thanks again

Huh? But but but... It was Trevor, not me, who made the crack about Australians. I can't be blamed for that!! 0:)

And yep... Bridget is absolutely dead. :)

Thanks for a great story which I look forward to re-reading. Finally, Happy New Year!

Yes indeed, Happy New Year!!! :)

Makes a long very long and enjoyable read complete. Now to start reading all over again...

Goatwriter indeed!

What else could one call a writer scapegoat? 0:)

CJames

Thank you for one of the best reads ever. Happy for an ending with answers to all. Sad to not have a chapter to look forward to.

Best wishes,

Sandrewn

Thanks!!!

I want to express my sincere gratitude for writing Circumnavigation.  It is a wonderful combination of adventure story, a love story and a travelogue.  As I'm approaching retirement, it has inspired me to visit some of the places Trevor and Shane did.  All I have to do is figure out how to pay for it (small detail - ha ha).  I am looking forward to reading more of your work; please, continue writing.

Again thanks for writing Circumnavigation!

A Fan,

Dave

Thanks!!

I'm a travel addict myself, so I know the feeling!

Thank you CJ it has certainly been an epic journey one that I have thoroughly enjoyed

I started to read it again last week and the "Epilogue" was posted just a few days after I finished reading the last chapter GREAT TIMING

I did lean a few new things from your book and had to exercise my grey matter as I researched them more deeply

As an Aussie I congratulate you on the writing about Australia with only a few minor errors

Looking forward to your next book

Thank you again

Bob

I had tremendous help in every way, including on Australia (though any remaining errors are mine alone).

Could you do me a big favor and let me know where I goofed??

Thanks!!

B) .............. You caught me off guard goat, I didn't expect to see it early today, I thought maybe tonight.  Anyhow great job of tying up all the loose ends, you don't say, but I gather Bridgett's estate was a lot more then first thought. If Wesson  has a scholarship fund named after him, the estate must be worth in the tens of millions. I guess they did need to find the body of Bridgett, to solidify their case. Perhaps somebody will do her justice and cremate her and spread her ashes in a pig stye. LOL!  Well, the end had to come, and a great ending it was too!  Thanks for the voyage CJ!

Benji

Heh, I didn't expect it either. I checked my mail, saw that Emoe had sent it, and I got to work prepping it for posting. That was about 2 hours before actually posting it. That's why I didn't give anyone a heads up that it was close - I didn't know. :)

• Like 1

". . . she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead."  I never really doubted it, but I'm glad to have it confirmed.  

Aside from that I am going to miss Atlantis, her crew, the Professor and Mary Ann; oh wait.. wrong ship, wrong story.  It has been quite a ride, and although I came somewhat late to the story (not quite a year ago) my Tuesday's haven't been the same without news from the far reaches of the globe.  Would have been nice to have attended the wedding, perhaps the goatwriter will see fit to incorporate that into some other tale some other time.  And while it is clear he has earned a break from writing, I look forward to whatever he has in store for us.

• Like 1

CJ I loved this story so very much. What can I say that hasn't been said before. I do hope you get this published, complete with pictures.

It sure was a blast from start to finish, surely a e ticket ride. Also cant wait to see what you do next!

A big fan! :*)

• Like 1

By all means...publish it!  I hate to see it finished too, but I know the goatwriter in the sky :rolleyes:  will come up with another epic soon.  Wonderful, exciting, mind-numbing, etc, etc, etc... 

Thank you for a wonderful read!  I guess my next step is to go back and re-read the whole thing!

Edited by Clydee
  • Like 1

Wonderful story and shame it had to end, but life goes on. As someone else above mentioned, it would be great to be invited to the wedding! The story had so much adventure, excitement and emotion. A really excellent work and should be published.

Now, what's next?

• Like 1
Guest stitch

I had started reading this wonderful story when there were about 10 or 12 chapters.  I followed it until about the 25 chapter.  I am not a patient person and would read the current posting, and sometimes having to go back and read the previous chapter to remember where I was.  Then I decided that I would wait until the story was complete and read it then.  I just found out it was complete and started from the beginning.  I really cannot understand how someone can spin such a tangled web and have it coming out with such a surprise ending.  You must have worked very hard on research, or have traveled a lot, but it was a very enlightening novel which I enjoyed very much.  Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents.

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Belated thanks for a great read. I've just re-read it to refresh my memory. The marine issues were fascinating — use of kit that wasn't even imagined when I was young. I have been on a ship struck (and damaged) by lightning, and although nobody was hurt, the navigation systems & chart room were a total loss. Even the magnetic compasses were out of service. Navigation by plastic sextant, Reed's Nautical Almanac and hand held compasses was challenging!

What I really appreciate is Trevor's imaginative resourcefulness, never rejecting a solution because it hasn't been tried before. I also appreciate the depictions of loyalty between the four friends ~ all for one and one for all.

Finally there is the other major character - Atlantis herself. I remember the early days of cruising catamarans in the 1970s and did not think very much of them, sailing as I did, my great grandfather's gaff ketch built in 1902! Atlantis and her kind are very different — high performance and, with modern materials, far stronger and more powerful.

Paul

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have been away from GayAuthors for quite a while (illness, etc) and it was a great pleasure to see this wonderful story still up there.

It might sound bizarre to make a comment right at the end when I am about to start reading from the beginning, but I wanted to make sure I remembered to thank you. I only got about half way before I fell ill, so there is a lot of wonderful story to look forward to.

Once again, thank you.  :boy:

btw GayAuthors calls me a newbie, but that is because they deleted me from the system and I had to re-register... Oh well.

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...

I found this to be a wonderfully entertaining story. I have put off reading it because of its length and I tend to prefer erotica, but now I am kicking myself that I denied myself this story for so long.

The characters are well developed with very believable motive behind all their actions. My favorite part was how well you described each port of call, especially those in the Mediterranean. I can not imagine how much research you must have done for this story.

Thank you for sharing your gift with us here. It was truly a great tale.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..