[Adam Phillips] Crosscurrents, final two segments now posted

That was definitely worth the wait, as I figured it would be.

Angie, as always, calls a spade a spade and I loved her refusal to go any further with Andy before these anxieties cleared up.

I kind of thought that the biting-so-hard-that-blood-is-drawn bit...it kind of felt like a callback to Andy and Matt becoming blood brothers when they were 8. Like they were re-confirming this blood bond they have with each other, only in a much more sexual way.

Trey's bit...damn, that hit me hard. We don't call it "Lifer" around here, but it does happen. I still go out to my favorite college bars every once in awhile, but it's not really the same, especially at the bars that were straight up college and not mixed. I'm not quite as bad as the people who go to grad school at UD just to stick around, or my friend Mick who is still somehow getting himself involved with clubs on campus despite being out for two years, but I really, really got "moving on, without moving on."

I also got how it felt as the 5th year senior- it was funny. My high school graduation, I was in tears. My grad schoool graduation, I was also in tears. My college graduation, I was ready to be done, and I laughed at a 22-year old guy I saw crying about graduation at Deer Park Tavern for Jefe night. My Skid Row crew had graduated. The people I used to hang out with on late nights at hipster parties sophomore year were gone, too. With the exception of two people and the '08-'09 Dickinson freshman crew, nearly everyone I hung out with that year were newbie friends at replacement party sports, not people I had live through the college experience with.

As for the other stuff...before I started reading reading  Cross-Currents, and getting to know about Adam's philosophy on life, I pretty much always geared myself for the idea that people come and go from your life, and that it's not really worth the effort to try and keep them there. That's what I learned from years of always moving around and the like, and again when I transferred colleges and lost touch pretty much with all the friends I had made. But then I made a friend, my first junior year of college, and I put forth the effort to stay in touch with him after we graduated. I've never had a friendship last more than a couple of years, and I've been friends with this guy for six. And I applied the lesson I learned there for grad school a couple of years later...I made friends with one guy who basically talked me down from the ledge the entire time we were there, and we still keep in touch.

For me, the heart of the story isn't just about Matt and Andy, but it's about connections. It's about meeting people, being willing to let them into your heart, and if you realize they're worth it...never letting them go. That is such a beautiful sentiment to have, and I'm glad to have learned it from this story.

OMG! I cannot believe here it is! Some time ago, -months/years, lol- I stop reading this because I needed to read all in one stand. I guess now is the time!

I know is gonna be great so thanks in advance!

OMG! I cannot believe here it is! Some time ago, -months/years, lol- I stop reading this because I needed to read all in one stand. I guess now is the time!

I know is gonna be great so thanks in advance!

I'm SO glad this story is now complete. I started reading it a decade ago (imagine!). I dispaired that the conclusion would never arrive.

The story resonated with me from the beginning because I am bisexual, although I didn't use the label for years. I was I love with my best friend growing up, but never acted on it. Of course, it turns out he is gay and struggled with it for a long time - but we never broached these topics. To me, John was just unattainable and I didn't try.

it is a remarkable story.

Bryan