• Site Administrator

The Cassini Mission Cover

Dr. Aron Adler is ordered to take part in a rescue mission to a research colony located on an uninhabited planet in the outer rim. He is to immediately report to the U.S.C. Cassini, which will take Aron, two other scientists, and a unit of Union Marines to the colony. Once there, they are to assess the situation and retrieve any data or specimens.

Formerly a scientist in the Union Navy, Aron was dishonorably discharged following a court-martial for failing to obey orders. Stepping foot on the Cassini brings up old feelings he would rather forget. Shunned by the crew of the Cassini, Aron finds comfort in the arms—and bed—of Marine corporal Kane Robertson.

Upon reaching the colony, it becomes apparent that not everything is as it seems. Once again, Aron is faced with a difficult decision: follow orders or follow his heart.

When I first looked there was a prologue and chapter one posted. Then there was just chapter 1 which is now called the prologue and the previous one had different text. Was that a mis-post or did I just click on the wrong story entirely? (It could happen.) Just curious. Or did I see something I wasn't supposed to? I promise I won't tell. LOL

I'm liking the current chapter one a lot. Looking forward to the rest.

Edited by Mann Ramblings
  • Site Administrator

That was a Cia is an idiot mistake that Rob caught and I then fixed. The prologue was not from his story. Sorry for any confusion!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The chapter 4 chapter 5 (??) just posted today is a hot, from the workout, to the shower, to the GEM Marine's room, back to the shower and back to the Marine's room.  And it also advanced the plot and character development.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody! I finally can see this thread.

I'm glad you are all enjoying the story. I had a good time writing it. It took me a while to get it to this stage, but I'm very happy with it.

After this last chapter, the cover might be a little more clear. Now you have an idea of what Aron is holding. I think Chris did a fantastic job capturing the feel of the story while also giving it some visual continuity with his Degan Incident cover.

Anyway, our heroes aren't quite out of the woods yet... Stay tuned for next week's chapter.

Rob

• Like 1

Yeah, our hero Aron stuck in an old pile of junk and the military-industrial complex is in cahoots with illegal lab that went awry.   I suspect that Aron and Kenji were expected to die on the mission from the beginning and they still may.  

• 2 weeks later...

So both the final chapter and the epilogue went live today. I hope everyone enjoyed the story.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know!

Oh, here's a "behind the scenes" tidbit... Kenji did in fact die during the first draft of the story. I really liked Kenji, though, and I had been wrestling with changing it. When Cia beta-read it for me, she convinced me to keep him alive.

Rob