Member Ranks and Reputation Levels

We are thinking about adding some new member ranks and reputation levels and would like your input.  Please list your suggestions for new ranks and levels in this thread.  Some current ranks/levels may be removed or changed when the system is adjusted.

Member Ranks are tied to the number of posts you have in the forums.  Member Reputation levels are tied to the number of likes your stories, forum posts and gallery pics have received.

As an added bonus, when you post your ideas in this thread you will increase your forum post count AND someone might like them increasing your reputation level.  See, this is a win-win situation. :D

Member Rank          Number of Posts
Validated            0         
Newbie               1
Member               5
Active Member        25
Gold Member          50
Diamond Member       75
Prolific Member      100         
Cool Member          250         
Manic Poster         450

Member Reputation                   Level
Neutral                             0     
Moving in the Right Direction       10     
A Little More Kick Ass              25     
Cleared the Mod Hurdle              75     
I'm Almost Peer Reviewed            90     
Moving On Up                        100     
Getting There!                      200     
Winning the Popularity Contest      500     
My Name is DomLuka                  1000     
Cheat So Good                       1750     
I'm Definitely Not Kitty            10000

• Like 1

I want to know how people get lables like Myr's techie and GA's dang bear !

At 500 forum posts, members can change their own title.  That being said, some members have been given titles by an Admin prior to reaching that milestone.

Member Rank – Number of Posts

Validate – seems unnecessary

Newbie Member – 0 posts (after all both are true)

Active Member – 25 posts

Cool Member – 50 posts

? – 75 posts

Energetic Member – 100 posts

Explosive Member – 250 posts

Manic Member – 450 posts

Gold and Diamond Member - sound like frequent flier mile levels

Prolific – Urban Dictionary definition #1: Massively mediocre; utterly unexceptional; absolutely average (This is what I think when I see prolific as well)

Member Reputation and Level

All sound good till

100 – (shouldn't this reflect passing peer review)

Getting There! – 200 (didn't we just achieve this at 100, needs new name, no ideas)

500 and 1000 – (good titles)

Cheat So Good – 1750 (for that you get ‘cheat’ in your title? something wrong here, no ideas for title)

I’m Definitely Not Kitty – 10000 (understand reasoning after a search but perhaps not relevant to newer members or those we’d like to attract through social media efforts, even though appropriate to someone’s avatar, needs new title, no ideas)

I’m with KC in thinking that there should be something or some things between 1750 and 10000.

These are my thoughts and I do realize that I have knocked some things and have given no new ideas in their place but that’s because I couldn't think of any. More creative minds might come up with something more clever or relevant than I can.

Edited by Ron
Member Reputation                   Level

Cheat So Good                       1750 

Sounds mean to me.  I think we could say something nicer about a member who reaches this reputation level.  No suggestion.

If someone does cheat, they should be admonished.  Otherwise, be nice.

AJ, is there a character limit we should be aware of? I'm not sure what levels to put these at, but here are some ideas:

Chronicles of an Academic Poster

Poster Child

Born Star

In Vogue

Moving Like They Do In Babylon

More Than Two Thumbs Up

Froopy Snood

Still Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

If the Love is the Answer, You're Home

Blessed by Social Graces

Booty-licious

A Fine Romance With No Kisses

A+, Would Like Again

Swing Time

Pride Rock

You Love Me, You Really Love Me

The Rest is Just Cream Cheese

Swan

Survivor

Win a Date with Mann Ramblings

Like Me Baby, One More Time

The Garden of Succeedin'

Hug Bear

Social Incast

Oh and I take it back, I have a suggestion for one like or post level, at 420, add Smokin'.

And, I'm not sure if this would be seen as politically incorrect or asking for trouble, but: Niftier.

Also, instead of Cheat So Good, which I understand and like, but seems to be a little misunderstood, how about Cheats at Solitaire?

Edited by thebrinkoftime
  • Like 4

It's a compliment through metaphor. It implies that the person's not alone (because solitary is similiar to the word solitaire). Hence, you're cheating on a solitary life, because everyone likes you. And solitaire is a game, so there's the double meaning.

Edited by thebrinkoftime

Ass in the Air Slut, has a nice ring to it.. it should be a higher reputation, of course. :P

Then there's: I Survived Krista Long Enough

Bad Ass - since there's a "A little more bad ass' so it only makes sense there is a "bad ass" one coming along sometime or another.

Edited by Krista
  • Like 2

It's not easy being King

Oops, I did it again

License to Write

A Pen By Any Other Name

Is my ego showing?

Sir Ass-A-Lot

Excuse Me...More Please!

I make this look easy

Sugar High

Elvis has left the building

I'm Easy

Gundam Style

I would like to thank the Academy

Edited by KC Grim
  • Like 3

Hey KC, with Gundam Style, are you referring to the popular Japanese science fiction universe and the Korean hit song? Because if it's just the hit song alone it's Gangnam, which is a district in Seoul and kind of like saying Beverly Hills Style. Cool if you're mixing the two, but I just wondered.

Edited by thebrinkoftime
  • Like 1

Hey KC, with Gundam Style, are you referring to the popular Japanese science fiction universe and the Korean hit song? Because if it's just the hit song alone it's Gangnam, which is a district in Seoul and kind of like saying Beverly Hills Style. Cool if you're mixing the two, but I just wondered.

Yeah....that's what I was doing...being suave and mixing the two ;)  Hehe...guess spell check didn't catch that one, but your suggestion is cool too :P