Coming up the 1st of December, I'll be posting my Christmas story. It has eight parts over the course of December. This will be my first new topic discussion and I hope to spark a conversation about the story.  So, I'll be putting a sneak peek up in a couple of days here.

Welcome to Advent

• Like 1

Here is the introduction to Advent coming December 1st. 

Brian and Danny are married.  But they are stuck in limbo and can’t get past it.  Can an Advent calendar, some Christmas ornaments, and a cigarette get them beyond the stasis that has frozen their lives?  Will the lights of Christmas shining in the darkness help them find the peace they truly need?  This is a Christmas story in eight parts.

And here is an excerpt from Chapter One:

"First of all, he smoked.  Danny couldn’t stand the smell of it.  Brian had smoked when they first got together but he rid his husband of that disgusting habit pretty quickly.  But for some reason, when this guy smoked Danny found himself strangely excited by it.  Not aroused really, but it seemed to fit the guy, smoking did. 

The guy was painfully thin and looked dangerously young at a distance but Danny had noticed as they’d passed by that he only looked young from afar.  He’d looked at his face and there were wrinkles and lines that matched his own. 

Not only was he incredibly thin, the guy was terribly fey, if that was the right word.  The way he’d hold his cigarette in an outstretched hand was quite feminine.  When he walked by Danny could see he wiggled his hips a little, swaying from side to side.  Not that the guy had much in the way of hips.  His flanks were as spare and lean as the rest of him. 

And Danny was simply fascinated by him."

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the posting schedule for Advent:

Chapter 1 – December 1st – St. Alexander Briant

Chapter 2 – December 4th – St. John of Damascus

Chapter 3 – December 8th – St. Nicholas

Chapter 4 – December 10th – St. Eulalia

Chapter 5 – December 13th – St. Lucy

Chapter 6 – December 15th – St. Mary (Paula) di Rosa

Chapter 7 – December 22nd – St. Chaeromon

Chapter 8 – December 26th – St. Stephen

Thanks for reading!

Here's an excerpt from the next chapter of Advent:

"So, from then on, Danny was careful about his interactions with other men, especially gay ones.  Brian would occasionally interrupt or carry Danny away but it was never like that first time.  It was never like with the gorgeous guy at the party but it never really mattered to Brian.

Danny was his and Brian was a very possessive man. 

So this weekend he’d told Brian about Cayden hoping to get his husband to fly into a rage about it.  He always had in the past.  In fact Danny had told him some of his secret thoughts about Cayden.  It hadn’t changed a thing.  He’d have given his right arm to have Brian yell at him for his impure thoughts.  But, he hadn’t."

Lisa motioned this is her review of Chapter 1:  I'm also very curious about this accident that happened eight months ago. First I thought that maybe it was Brian that was hurt and Danny took care of him, but then it was mentioned that Brian sings and changes lyrics for Danny and that didn't sound like someone who was hurt in an accident. Unless it was his mental capabilities...

I was thinking the same thing!  I was thinking that the things that Brian did were maybe things that he did in the past and that Brian was in the accident.  But this excerpt from the next chapter seems to paint a very different picture!  :o  

• Like 2

Well, Cole, I gotta say - you have me intrigued! I read the excerpt from the second chapter and now I can't figure Brian out at all! He's possessive, but he doesn't care that Danny is going on and on about some guy at work? It doesn't make sense. Unless Brian is hiding his jealousy...Maybe Brian just doesn't give a shit anymore. Maybe he thinks that since Danny is mentioning this guy Cayden (great name, btw), he's already "lost" Danny. Maybe he thinks that Danny's just gonna go on and screw around with Cayden. All Danny wants is some reassurance that his husband still loves him and wants him. He's trying to make him jealous on purpose just to get a damn reaction out of him.

Needless to say, I can't wait for the next chapter! :)

• Like 1

To dial up the intrigue, Danny's love for Brian hasn't ebbed.  Not at all.  He loves Brian with all his heart. As for Brian's feelings, I'm sure his love for Danny is the same. That is what makes this terrible situation so painful. But, I promise Wednesday you will understand the situ. No tricks. This is very honest treatment of what real life offers us. 

• Like 1

An excerpt from Chapter Three:

“Here, let me put my number in your phone,” Cayden said reaching out towards Danny.  Danny dug in his pocket and pulled out his phone.  Cayden reached over and took it, their hands brushing.  Danny felt a wave of sparks travel up his arm into his brain.  He felt light headed.  Cayden felt the shock of static electricity as well.  It was cold and dry and the air was filled with it.  He put his name and number in the phone.  He couldn’t help but notice the phone had a lot of entries. 

How big would this party be?

“Okay, I’ll see you at lunch then,” Danny said flashing a big smile at him. 

“Not if I see you first,” Cayden teased and stuck out his tongue.  The piercing in his tongue glinted in the street light. 

• Like 1

Me too, ditto Cassie! :)

And now that I see an excerpt, can I stick my nose where it doesn't belong? Lightheaded is one word. lol

Ooohh, and boys with piercings, hmmm, what could go well with tongue piercings? lol

Well, blame Cassie - she said fangirls were pervs and I guess she's right! (or at least her character said it! haha)

• Like 3

I usually don't think of looking at the forums until I'm about to log off and shut the computer down. lol So if I do comment on anything, it usually doesn't make much sense b/c it's so late at night (or early a.m.)

But yes, forums are fun. I was reading the forum thread for that nineteen-year-old in London who was going to lose his V-card live in a gallery, calling it 'performance art'. I got a kick out of everything everyone was saying.

I should check out the Tom Daley thread too. That should be a good one to read. :)

And plus, Cole, I think participating in forums boosts your rep points. That's always a plus! :)

• Like 2

Me too, ditto Cassie! :)

And now that I see an excerpt, can I stick my nose where it doesn't belong? Lightheaded is one word. lol

Ooohh, and boys with piercings, hmmm, what could go well with tongue piercings? lol

Well, blame Cassie - she said fangirls were pervs and I guess she's right! (or at least her character said it! haha)

Pervy fangirls unite!!  And I am with Lisa, thoughts of that piercing and how it can be utilized got me all hot and bothered  :P

• Like 2

Excerpt from Chapter Six:

"Danny found himself reaching for the phone Sunday morning.  Tonight was their second date and he ached to talk to someone about it.  Cayden’s mother was having a small neighborhood caroling party and after they had dinner, they were supposed to stop by and have spiced cider and cookies.  Danny just didn’t know how he was supposed to feel about it.  On the one hand, he couldn’t be more excited to see Cayden again and even meeting his mother made his pulse race.  On the other hand, he felt a lingering sense of betrayal of Brian.  Even though he’d come to his senses about the situation, it felt wrong."

• Like 1

Here's an excerpt for Chapter Seven of Advent:

"Danny couldn’t say no about anything to Cayden either.  All it took was a few words in that rumbly deep voice and Danny melted like a chocolate bar on a hot summer’s day.  His spine would tingle and tickle.  It was magic and Danny didn’t want it to stop."

• Like 1

Cole, I've been sitting here glued to GA for DAYS!!!! waiting for chapter seven! The kids haven't eaten, the pets haven't eaten, the kids haven't even GONE TO SCHOOL b/c I'm sitting here waiting for the next update!!! I kept hitting my refresh button every fifteen minutes or so. I think I need a new keyboard now.  :o

• Like 1

Cole, I've been sitting here glued to GA for DAYS!!!! waiting for chapter seven! The kids haven't eaten, the pets haven't eaten, the kids haven't even GONE TO SCHOOL b/c I'm sitting here waiting for the next update!!! I kept hitting my refresh button every fifteen minutes or so. I think I need a new keyboard now.  :o

Lisa,

sorry about that? ;) The next chapter is tomorrow morning and then the final chapter the 26th. I'm glad you're looking forward to it!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

This is a great forum.

Cole, I love how you have captivated your audience with excerpts from chapters you are about to post. Having my own Xmas novella in the works, I may 'borrow' this approach in the upcoming months :)