[Jack Scribe] Anything new coming?

It's been a couple of years, and it's been quite a while since Jack posted anything in the forums, so I thought I would ask if anything is coming down the pike?

I've always look forward to your stories and I'm hoping there will be something new from Jack to read before too much longer.

Edited by theschnauzers
  • 10 months later...

Cvrboy has just sent out the following as part of his site update notification:

And on a sad note, CRVBOY has been notified of the passing of prolific author Jack Scribe. No other information was available. You will be missed, Jack, thanks for the great stories!

This is very sad to hear because Jack's stories were always worth reading.

• Like 3

It's sad to hear this news about Jack.  He was a great author and I have read all his stories (https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/user/2978-jack-scribe/?tab=stories).  His latest story, Baked Beans, was published in August 2011 and he was last on-line at GA in February of this year.

A few years ago, while he was writing That's the Chicago Way, we had an exchange of e-mails discussing the old days in Memphis and, more importantly, the reasons why his stories were not getting many comments from readers.  He indicated that he was not discouraged and would continue his writing.  There was no indication of any health problems.

I miss his stories.

• Like 3

I'm realistic about the fact that many authors who have not released work in a while, and who are somewhat older, may be ill or may have died. But it's still extremely sad to have my fears confirmed. Specially about someone who's work I enjoyed so much.

Jack's Splash series was what first got me hooked on internet gay fiction. Prior to reading that trilogy the stories I read were just for wanking purpose, he got me to enjoy a story above and beyond any erotic content it may have had.

You'll be missed Jack!

Edited by Carlos H
  • Like 3