A Photographer's Dream

Hey, this thing works!

Anyways, if you guys have a need to ask me some questions or just a general discussion about my story, feel free to post it here.  Review section is small, so here you can have more space for insightful discussion.  :)  Click the box below for the link to the story.

[sharedmedia=stories:stories:3219]

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

A great short story, Ashi! It's unfortunate that film developing is a dying art. I resisted changing to digital for a long time (though I've never developed my own film) but I couldn't go back now.

I found the ending of the story intriguing with the word choice. Jason had just said he wanted to stay friends, but "Oh" was the last word he spoke to the narrator. The wording used implies that they never spoke again (otherwise it would be "Oh" was all he said).

Overall, though, I really enjoyed it :) Well done! I especially liked the little bits of word play like "Well, it doesn’t have to be negative and all that, right?" :D That photographic reference made me smile.

• Like 1

Thanks, Graeme (and Cia for the like).  Glad you like my story.  Yeah, film developing is a dying art, and gosh, it's a lengthy process, and it's easy to make a mistake somewhere along the way.  You would just hold your breath (and the chemical really stinks) and hope for the best.

I usually try to put some layers into my stories or some sort of twists.  I am quite happy most readers found them.  I am equally glad everyone has their own favorite part that's different from others'.  It is a great feedback whether I've succeeded or not.  Thanks for reading it.  :)

There is another story coming soon.  I got my feedback from Louis already, and I like his opinion.  I am still thinking how to revamp the story so it addresses the issues he pointed out.  I am very excited with the new story.  :)

• Site Administrator

Excellent news! I'm not doing huge amounts of reading at the moment, but if I spot the new story when I have some spare time, I'll make sure I read it. :)

• Like 1