Comicfan - The Strange Life of Jonas Marks - Second Run

Okay ladies and gentlemen I give. Jonas was put on the back burner when my father went into the hospital two years ago. Truthfully, once he was shelved I wasn't really sure I wanted to finish him. However, there are people who were reading the story and they weren't about to let me forget Jonas. In the last month I have gotten no less than four messages asking me to finish this story.

So here is the news. As of right now I have a new editor willing to take on the story. I have two chapters that are written and ready to go. I simply am waiting on a beta reader to get this thing going again.

So yes, this hasn't been forgotten. If I can find a beta we can have the first chapter out hopefully within a week or two at most.

-Wayne

• Like 4

Well techincallllllllllllllllllly this will be 3rd run! :P

Strange Family, Unusual Lover and Other Jobs from the 2011 'Walk on the Wild Side' Anthology  ((which I loved and begged for more))

Strange Life of Jonas Marks expanded story from 2012 - ((which I have been waiting on pins and needles to get MORE))

Whoo-Hoooo looking for more Jonas :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

love it.....love it......want more.....want...no, need more.....but....I still wanna know.....still dying to find out.....realllllllllyyyyy wanna know....What/who comes through his office door???? :P

Hugs,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just so people don't think I abandoned Jonas. My editor has the chapter now. Hopefully before Monday it will be out. Sorry, things have been a bit rough on my end lately. Trying hard to play catch up.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 13 is with the beta even as I write this. I am nearly done with 14, yeah the muse is working and afraid she is going to get pissed off if I ignore her for even a minute. So looks as if Jonas is going to expand to at least 20 chapters. No way I can pull off what I want as it is shaping up. Just thought I would let anyone interested know what is going on.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just finished and sent Chapter 15 to Billy. It is a bit longer than the rest but figured I needed to move the story along and give it some growth. I am hoping five chapters more but might be a bit more. Depends on how it goes getting the rest of this out. Thanks for standing by Jonas. This hasn't been the easiest story I've gotten out but I promise to get it completed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll second Dave on this and add that we'll wait patiently no matter how long it takes for you to complete the story. Please include lots of interaction between Jonas and his boss, Jonas and the people (and things) coming through the door, and

Jonas and the blueskinned man we know is in his future

Oh and why don't you ask readers to come up with wishes for items which you can use in the story? I'm sure it's difficult to make a long list out of the blue, and it would be fun to see what other people would want. I'll start:

• One magical flash light which never runs out of battery
  • An invisible and intangible leash which lets a dog roam but pulls him back when called
  • Magical boots which prevent me from falling head first into a muddy ditch

looking forward to the next chapter. :read:

Edited by Timothy M.