Need Help Finding a Story

Hi

I remember parts of the story and havent been able to find it anywhere.

From what I remember it starts with a teen hiding in the woods where another boy finds him.  It ends up that he is a werewolf and didnt know it.  It also happens that there is something going on with his his parents being killed but they really wern't killed and he is a werewolf prince or something like that. If I remember correctly he also can change into a bird of somekind.  Him and the boy that found him end up living in the woods in a shack that they built.  There are also people looking for him because he is special and came from a marriage that should not have happened.

If i remember correctly there is something to do with his grandfather being a vampire who had been "asleep" for a long time only to wake up by his grandson returning. The main character also gets training by a vampire at one point. 

The main characters name started with a J.  At least I think it did. 

Any help with what the story is or where to find it would be appreicated.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm quite sure I remember reading that story a few years ago. I think it had "moon" in the title. While it did have its strenghts it also annoyed me a bit with the usual "long-haired guy = girly" thing that went as far as him being able to give birth, if my memory is correct.

A Metalhead's wounded ego aside: I think I also remember that there was a a huge outcry concerning the author because some of his/her stories were supposed to be plagiarised from other (published?) authors and the stories were taken off the net. If that's correct there's little chance of finding the story again unless someone else remembers the whole incident and also what the original title and author were.

I'm sorry but that's all I can come up with right now.

Cheers,

Blackguard

That sounds like the one. 

I had not heard about the controversy.  I remember in the disclaimer the author thanking so and so for letting them use their universe.  I can't remember if it was the "Things That Go Bump" universe or another one.  If I remember correctly there was a character called Sebastian in this one like TTGB.

It would be nice to get the author or authors and what exactly happened with the story.

Thanks,

Xander

• 2 weeks later...

Heureka!

I just remembered the whole title "Blood Red Moon" and searched for it. Guess where our question came up almost two years ago? :worship:

Leave it to the knowledgeable folks here at GA to solve the mystery:

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/35067-im-in-search-of-a-story/

The real author is named Sui Lynn and the story can be found either in the link from the old forum thread or here on goodreads:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13333294-the-pauper-prince

Cheers,

Blackguard

I wanna find a story as well! I don't remember the name, but it talks about aluens that attacht to tje spine or back of somebody and share.their.knowledge with the host... and their enemies are something like huge walking dogs called Dilgrini or something... please help!!!