Dignity - a novel by AC Benus

You should be ! AC worked hard to make this an epic tale. :D

Thank you for your support, Tim. I will not hesitate to say again that your input has strengthened the new book considerably.  :thumbup: 

• Like 1

As I read Dignity just recently, I'm very excited about the sequel. Looking forward to chapter 1 of Destiny !

Thank You! I can't wait to bring it to GA readers as well... It was quite a challenge to write

Edited by AC Benus

So tell us AC, do you recommend reading Dignity again before Destiny starts to post? Perhaps the final two or three chapters in order to get back into the mood and the situation.

You ask a tough one...perhaps for those who really liked the book, the desire for a second reading will come about as they encounter the chapters of new book one by one. For those of you out there who thought Dignity was on the 'weird' side (ahem....lol), I suggest a comprehensive re-reading, complete with many generous 'likes' and reviews, and then I know it will be enjoyed for it's uniqueness ;)

Thanks for the question, Tim.  

Edited by AC Benus

Reply from AC Benus (author)

It's funny reading your comments here, as that nosy girl on the plane with her intrusive selfie got the bulk of your chapter one beta-reading efforts! I won't repeat your precise language, as this is a family site, but whoaaaa, let me tell you, I blush to even recall them :o

LOL, I had to go back and see what I said, and now I'm :*) too. But English swearwords somehow feels less offensive to a Dane than the similar Danish one. Not that I don't still think the girl was everything I called her. :pissed:

As a matter of fact, I ranted even more about Mrs. Shaw's behavior. :rolleyes:  :lol:

• Like 1

LOL, I had to go back and see what I said, and now I'm :*) too. But English swearwords somehow feels less offensive to a Dane than the similar Danish one. Not that I don't still think the girl was everything I called her. :pissed:

As a matter of fact, I ranted even more about Mrs. Shaw's behavior. :rolleyes:  :lol:

Yes, that you do :yes:

I'm just going to go ahead and acknowledge that, Destiny,  will probably leave me emotional before too long. Hours later, I'm still thinking about it, and wondering how Linc and Jack will proceed. I think that's a good sign but... 

• Like 1

I'm just going to go ahead and acknowledge that, Destiny,  will probably leave me emotional before too long. Hours later, I'm still thinking about it, and wondering how Linc and Jack will proceed. I think that's a good sign but... 

Thanks, Defiance19. I feel a bit guilty about posting this so slow...ummmm. 

• Like 1

I've almost caught up on theses stories and if Dignity is anything to go on, I will have plenty to say... Yay, ranting!

...I was gonna say, I bet you and Tim will have some fun descriptors for a few of the characters coming up in Destiny. Have at it! :ph34r:  

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1

I can rant about beautiful things too.

Funny thing. In one of my reviews to Dignity, I wrote about the choice of treatment or no treatment, the choice to accept death. Tonight, me and my friends actually ended up discussing just that. Weird!

• Like 1

I can rant about beautiful things too.

Funny thing. In one of my reviews to Dignity, I wrote about the choice of treatment or no treatment, the choice to accept death. Tonight, me and my friends actually ended up discussing just that. Weird!

....ummmmmm....plz don't be too surprised if that very subject reappears in Destiny... 0:)

And I wonder if Dignity got mentioned to your friends when you were talking about the subject??? 

Edited by AC Benus

I've read Destiny now, so I'm up to speed.

One thing I react to are the very harsh words some use about mrs Shaw, Hamish and Christie. Mrs Shaw might be getting a bit more sympathy now, but many readers are really hard on the siblings. I might be to eager to see good in people, but honestly. What kind of person would I be if I had lived their lives? Left to raise themselves to a large extent. Who took care of them? Mrs Shaw didn't even seem to know her eldest had a problem with nightmares.

Sure, they are older now. Almost grown, but a life like that has to leave scars. They've lived with death in their very own house for years and years. In the end, they might have to just disconnect to save their sanity. Lashing out to keep Jack at arm's length, so they won't get hurt again.

End rant! I did warn you about my ranting abilities...

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've read Dignity now and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had planned to start on Destiny tomorrow because I had stuff to do indoors but what the hell, stuff can always wait, I need to find out what happens to Jack. 

• Like 3