• Site Administrator

:D Sorry :evil:

No you're not :angry:

:D

Is it too early to start discussions of your succession to the Throne known as the :joe: King of Evil Cliffhangers :joe:

• Like 5
On 8/29/2015 at 7:08 AM, Ken84050 said:

Graeme, you wretch!    :mellow:  :/  :( 

It was a fair bet that the game would lead up to a nail-biting finish in the fourth quarter, but not that you would postpone it to Chapter 57.   How could you tease us poor readers like that?   Now we have to wait a week!       :(  :o 

On 8/29/2015 at 7:42 AM, Graeme said:

:D Sorry :evil:

On 8/29/2015 at 7:58 AM, wildone said:

No you're not :angry:

I'm with Wildone. This is the one time you might consider double posting in the same weekend. Pleease.... :worship:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4

From Rndmrunner's review of ch 56

The Leopards fans have only to wait for one more quarter but the paper Leopard fans have a whole week to wait - there is something wrong with that.

He has a good point. Don't you agree, Graeme? :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Just so everyone knows, the next chapter will be the last one for Leopard Spots. What's happened is that my work commitments have really cut into my writing time, so I wasn't going to be able to keep going to the end that I originally wanted. Instead, I've decided to bring Leopard Spots to an end with chapter 57, and then I'll continue the next part of the story as a new story (Book 3 of the Lilydale Leopards). Unfortunately, because of those work commitments, I'm not going to be ready to start posting the new story anytime soon...but I do promise I am writing that story :)

• Like 2
On 8/30/2015 at 7:55 AM, Graeme said:

Just so everyone knows, the next chapter will be the last one for Leopard Spots.

:blink:  :o  :pinch:  :no:  :angry:  :pissed:  :fight:  :*)   :X  :(  :,(  :,(

On 8/30/2015 at 7:55 AM, Graeme said:

but I do promise I am writing that story :)

:yes: :2thumbs:   :thankyou:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4

Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed, but you must do what's best for you. I am all too familiar with work commitments; they're the reason I have never managed to volunteer as an editor here. And ending the book properly is less frustrating to the reader than an extended hiatus.

I actually think that the grand final represents a natural stopping point with the Leopards' victory (because what author would be so cruel as to make them lose and end the book at the same time? :P) and Peter's departure. There is still a lot to resolve: Neil's situation, the AFL draft, Julie's promotion, Ty's crappy dad, Doug's ridiculous attitude (sorry, I just can't like him :no:), Joe's love life. And, of course, separating all this into another book means you can add a whole lot more. ;)

Come back when you can. We'll be waiting. :hug:

Edited by impunity
  • Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed, but you must do what's best for you. I am all too familiar with work commitments; they're the reason I have never managed to volunteer as an editor here. And ending the book properly is less frustrating to the reader than an extended hiatus.

That was what I felt, too. I prefer to have a complete story rather than to leave it hanging.

I actually think that the grand final represents a natural stopping point with the Leopards' victory (because what author would be so cruel as to make them lose and end the book at the same time? :P) and Peter's departure. There is still a lot to resolve: Neil's situation, the AFL draft, Julie's promotion, Ty's crappy dad, Doug's ridiculous attitude (sorry, I just can't like him :no:), Joe's love life. And, of course, separating all this into another book means you can add a whole lot more. ;)

Is now a good time to mentioned that I once watched the Friday Night Lights movie and was impressed at how it ended with their final game being a loss, rather than a win? To me, it made the movie stand out. Instead of being just another feel-good movie where the heroes win, it made me think longer and harder about the character of the players as they dealt with their loss.

However, you're right in that there's definitely enough material for another book, as well as scope for expanding my original plans. It's this latter step that is causing me the most problems (and most fun) as I work out what those expansions will be. I can say now, however, that it gives me the option to include new characters, like I did with Sam and Neil in book 2. That's the fun part -- I always enjoy working out the personality and characteristics of new characters :D

• Like 2

Is now a good time to mentioned that I once watched the Friday Night Lights movie and was impressed at how it ended with their final game being a loss, rather than a win? To me, it made the movie stand out. Instead of being just another feel-good movie where the heroes win, it made me think longer and harder about the character of the players as they dealt with their loss.

I'm not sure there's ever a good time for that. :P

Is this your way of letting us down gently? I can see your point that it might be a more interesting, less clichéd outcome. However, I think it'd be very difficult to accomplish in a single chapter, especially when you factor in Peter's pending announcement. However, if you're up for the challenge... :rolleyes:

We'll read it, no matter what. :)

PS: I haven't seen the movie.

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Thanks, Ken!

I knew about the Sydney Convicts -- a team of gay players who compete in the regular rugby competitions in Sydney, but I hadn't heard of the Melbourne Chargers or Brisbane Hustlers before this.

Rugby is much more popular in Sydney and Brisbane than it is in Melbourne, but there's still a strong following for rugby here, too.

• Like 1

Less than four hours to go...

I have to say, I am somewhat ambivalent about the posting of this last chapter. As much as I want to know the outcome of the final game, I am not  looking forward to the story's ending. It'll be like saying goodbye to really good friends. :unsure:

On the bright side, we've been assured they'll come back. :)

• Like 3

Many, many thanks, Graeme.

Normally I avoid incomplete serials, but after finishing "Leopard Skin Cover" I was thoroughly hooked on your regular rations of "Leopard Spots".   They were highlights of the week.

Your wonderful range of characters really do seem like real people worth caring about.   A lot.   Football held them all together, but so many personal things were going on as well.   You do a fine job of weaving all the strands together.

Also you have foreshadowed so many things about their futures that all your fans will be queued up when you are ready to begin Book 3.   Of course your work takes priority.   At the height of your career you have done amazingly well to find so much time for writing already.   There's a huge amount of gratitude out here, certainly in my corner of the internet.

Sincere respect,

Ken.

• Like 2
On 9/5/2015 at 1:21 PM, impunity said:

A brief, failed experiment. I was quite enjoying my new identity. :rolleyes:

Awww, sorry if I nagged you too much. I hate change. :/  But I still think the sad bunny is better than the slightly boring lady. :hug:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Awww, sorry if I nagged you too much. I hate change. :/  But I still think the sad bunny is better than the slightly boring lady. :hug:

No worries. It made me laugh.  :)  I've heard the artist uses his daughters as models. You can just see her whining, "Dad, hurry up and finish painting already!"

• Site Administrator

Well, you surpirsed me Graeme ;) You let the boys win :P Took a while but definitey was worth the waitt to get to the celebratory banquet instead of the 'we were that close' one. I'm sure a certain member of your staff was all for the the let 'em lose option.

There is sooooo much more that can be written but I have to agree that this is a good as any place to end Book II. Will be looking forward to the next book when time and opportunity presents itself.

The only thing is, you are a cruel person, to leave so many strings hanging unresolved, with no date to get them cleared up, makes this whole store on huge Evil Cliffhanger :gikkle:

As always Graeme, thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us all :hug:

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, Friday night withdrawal! No Saturday story tomorrow, what to do. The only consolation is that i will get out the door early and start my long run on time. 

I can't wait for book 3 but i really want to thank you for the pleasure of reading your regular weekly instalments. They are truly well written and I will miss the exploits of the Leopards for the next however many months. It will be worth the wait i am sure. 

You have a special talent. Thank you

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

:*) Thank you. I wish my work commitments didn't stop me from doing much writing, but having a job is important, too. I will probably attempt a couple of short stories while I'm getting Leopards Leap ready to fill in the gap, but no promises.

• Like 3