Worst Movies that you have seen

Everyone has their favorite movies, but we also have movies we deeply despise for one reason or another.

Some movies were just made to be crappy, like "Scary Movie", "Date Movie", or "Epic Movie", which I get as they are really horribly done parodies of existing movies. (Not funny anymore, but they can blame the reference material)

No I am talking about really bad crappers that were made under the best intentions from the film creators and actors.

My most recent worst movie comes from last year's film "The Big Wedding", This is all original material and they had De Niro, Susan Surrandon, Diane Keaton, and Robin Williams. There's bad comedy and then there's...I don't even know how to describe something that makes shit look like solid gold bricks. The acting was horrible, the jokes were plain bad, the sex com was nauseating, and what on Earth is wrong with these people, divorce has been a common thing among Catholics for decades now that's the weakest situational plot thread I have ever heard.

I heard this movie was bad, the worst sex-com out there, so I wanted to give it a watch. Worst mistake ever

Anyone else want to share their worst movies recently or from the past and why?

Bit of a wedding theme going on here :P Bridesmaids. I'd heard good things about but never got to see it, so when it was on TV a coupla months ago I settled down to be amused but switched off when the all-female cast were vomitting and pooping in the street. It was juvenile gross-out derivative, as in "Men Behaving Badly? Well We Can Behave Worse." 20 minutes of my life wasted :(

• Like 1

10000 BC has to be the worst movie I've watched. 

The plot consists of some big spiritual journey or something because the hero's girlfriend got kidnapped. The actual movie starts in stone age north america with a bunch of guys in leather huts who hunt mammoths. The hero is pursuing the kidnappers of his girlfriend or something, so he hikes out of his valley and it cuts to him suddenly being in Africa, stumbling onto a mud hut village with a bunch of tribesmen waving spears at him, only to be interrupted by a sabre tooth cat (who come from north america) and using his great and mystical powers to tell it to go away by starting at it with a constipated expression. 

The main story line seems to revolve around a confused mix of all the mammoths disappearing, his girlfriend being kidnapped and him having a spat with some rival for becoming chieftain. So, after impressing the primitive africans (who I note speak his language) with his sabre tooth cat herding, the hero trounces off and turns up in a confused mix of Babylon and Egypt where a bunch of weird old guys with long fingernails are pretending to be gods while living in a giant version of the Babylon gate while slaves build a pyramid using ... the stolen mammoths ... and kidnapped slaves from every single ethnic group you can imagine. Mammoths who should die in all of two seconds pulling around giant rocks in a desert.

Also, these were the bad guys who had someone enslaved half the world with no army; 

596e4f58-9853-419f-bbd3-f7f95db907b9.jpg

The ending just made it worse, but I won't spoil everything ... also acting sucked and the CGI was meh. The only thing decent about it was absolutely none of the men wear shirts XD

The New World    I consider myself a history buff AND a Colin Farrell fan.  But, this was the most disappointing and boring movie I can remember watching.  I questioned why I was watching it many times throughout the movie.  It might've been closer to the truth when dealing with the story of Pocahontas, John Smith, etc., but I could've used a little more entertainment and scenery.  I still love Colin Farrell, but hate this movie. :P   Christopher Plummer couldn't even make it interesting :o 

I remember many years ago they showed on TV Modesty Blaise (UK 1966) based on my favourite comic character, Modesty Blaise. I was so looking forward watching an exiting film and I never even finished it, it was just too boring and totally horrible. There were Monica Vitti as Modesty, Terence Stamp as Willie Garvin and Dirk Bogarde as Gabriel. 

Being a Star Trek fan, there is the univerally despised, and insanely overbudgeted (US$ 46 million), Star Trek:The Motion Picture - any one who says otherwise is just batcrap crazy :P

The film came out in 1979, but was really only a rushed film script based on what should have been the season one two-part opener for what was called Star Trek: Phase Two (which was meant to be the Enterprise's second five year mission).  Phase Two actually had 13 episodes scripted - two episodes were later rewritten for The Next Generation crew, and two scripts have actually been filmed for the Star Trek: Phase Two (fan series).

About its only redeeming feature is that it did well enough at the box office that a second film was comissioned - the far more popular Wrath of Khan.

There is the 1997 Jodie Foster film, Contact - but the less said about that 3.5 hour waste-of-my-life-that-I'm-never-gonna-get-back the better.

Edited by Andy78
  • Like 1

Being a Star Trek fan, there is the univerally despised, and insanely overbudgeted (US$ 46 million), Star Trek:The Motion Picture - any one who says otherwise is just batcrap crazy :P

The film came out in 1979, but was really only a rushed film script based on what should have been the season one two-part opener for what was called Star Trek: Phase Two (which was meant to be the Enterprise's second five year mission).  Phase Two actually had 13 episodes scripted - two episodes were later rewritten for The Next Generation crew, and two scripts have actually been filmed for the Star Trek: Phase Two (fan series).

About its only redeeming feature is that it did well enough at the box office that a second film was comissioned - the far more popular Wrath of Khan.

There is the 1997 Jodie Foster film, Contact - but the less said about that 3.5 hour waste-of-my-life-that-I'm-never-gonna-get-back the better.

Star Trek V.....Worst star trek movie for me.

Trekkies have many reasons to hate this movie, but I will just use one:

Uhura's dessert fan dance. :(:o

When I saw this movie as a kid on TV, it robbed my childhood innocence.

• Like 2

Grizzly Man

The story of a film documentarian who lived among them and took the apparent placidity of grizzly bears so much for granted, he and his girlfriend were ultimately eaten by one. It was off-camera, but you still got the actual final screams. His whiny, simpering voice and propensity for naming the wild bears as if they were stuffed children's toys (he called one Mr. Chocolate) had me on my feet, cheering for the bear at the top of my lungs, when they started screaming.

• Like 1

recently, I tried to watch the movie She.  Being a sci-fi fan, the premise of a guy falling for his A.I. intrigued me; however, I failed to note that the film was made by Spike Lee....  :facepalm: Anyone who has seen one of his films knows they're full of cuss words and sex.  That aside, the main character was B  O  R  I  N  G  !!  He was like a robot as far as his monotone voice and lack of facial expression.  I think I managed to survive about 30 minutes of the film (with every other word being f---) and then I just couldn't take the fake (and terrible) attempt at romance any longer.

Speaking of robots, I also could not stand the last Will Smith movie, where he stars with his son.  You know how Will Smith is so great at connecting with his audience?  Imagine I Am Legend, but strip away all voice inflection, emotion, and facial expression.  And then there's Jaden Smith, who absolutely cannot act and this movie was a colossal flop.

And although most of my friends loved it, I dislike Maleficent.  The voice-over was annoying at best and it feels to me like an after-thought, as if the director realized that Angelina Joli wasn't pulling off the whole movie on her own and decided the movie needed some help.  She wasn't nearly evil enough, but I blame that on the frustratingly, annoyingly, STUPID "reasoning" they gave for her turning to evil in the first place.  That's Disney for you, making women incapable of being powerful characters on their own without a man involved.  I could rant about that for awhile -- and then, the ending!  Ugh, it was Frozen all over again.  Seriously, SO many better ways to have done the "true love" bit.  (although, the prince was very cute)

The worst film for me has to be "In the Name of the King". Directed by Uwe Boll who i'm surprised hasn't already been mentioned.It's atrocious; the acting, the extra's, the plot. I vaguely remember an ork crawling off screen during a post battle conversation in full few. It was so bad when I heard they were making a sequel I phoned my younger brother up to warn him, all I had to say was "there making a sequel to the worst film ever" he knew. Most abysmal waste of Haagendazs ever. 

• Like 1

Grizzly Man

The story of a film documentarian who lived among them and took the apparent placidity of grizzly bears so much for granted, he and his girlfriend were ultimately eaten by one. It was off-camera, but you still got the actual final screams. His whiny, simpering voice and propensity for naming the wild bears as if they were stuffed children's toys (he called one Mr. Chocolate) had me on my feet, cheering for the bear at the top of my lungs, when they started screaming.

That is so awful !! I have been thinking about this all day long ! Yikes :( :( :(

• Site Administrator

Contact is a movie you either loved or hated. I was in the Loved category :P

Waterworld deserves a dishonorable mention. That was God-awful.

When I first opened up this thread I said to myself 'Self, you are going have to put down Waterworld' Then James beat me to it :P The movie I think with it's at the time most expensive movie ever hype, just came up extremely short of delivering anything IMHO. The fact that it was called Fishtar (in reference to Ishtar, Bill W) summed it up. A colossal waste of money and talent. I guess we were expecting something of the likes of Dances with Wolves with Costner, but he was at the helm of this sinking ship (no pun intended).

• Like 1

Highlander III the Final Dimension deserves mention.

Two wasn't all that either but Three was a real stinker.

It is really unfortunate that movie makers sometimes blunder into making a great movie with big time sequel potential and then grab the first script the 10,000 Typing Monkeys Script shop churns out to cash in. Potentially they had a dynasty. In reality they had a Great one shot, two reeking piles of crap and a C+ television series soap opera.

They should probably do a documentary on the Highlander train wreck and call it: How to wreck a potential franchise without even trying.

Highlander-Victory_zps9618f553.jpg

There can be only one!

Well... there was only one that was worth watching.

Edited by jamessavik
  • Like 1

Well Kitty cat, if you want the worst fantasy universe movie:

Catwoman

From Berry down to the plot and costume, plain horrible. Seriously, I wonder who in Hollywood thought up this plot and if they were on drugs the entire time; there is nothing that redeems this movie.

Catwoman_poster.jpg

Thank you so much for this thread. It made me very happy, since I haven't seen a single one of the movies you mention, and I'd never even heard of half the titles. Good to know I've managed to avoid wasting my time on these disasters.

I wish I had something to contribute. Only thing coming to mind is the destruction of my childhood trust in the ability of film makers to sustain the willing suspension of disbelief and to uphold the inner logic of a fictional world. I didn't think of it like that when it happened, but I can clearly recall my utter disgust at being ripped out of my enjoyment and feeling insulted at having anyone assume I'd buy this crap. But it wasn't a whole film, just a single scene.

Oh and the cause of the loss of my trust and innocence: Superman causing the time to go backwards by reversing the spin of the planet. :blink:  :rolleyes:  :angry:  :facepalm:  :pissed:   :pissed:  :pissed:

Edited by Timothy M.

90% of the Netflix lineup :P

However, one that always sticks in my mind when the subject of worst movies comes up is Fatal Attraction. I know a lot of people liked it, but I just find it to be problematic on so many different levels. 

recently, I tried to watch the movie She.  Being a sci-fi fan, the premise of a guy falling for his A.I. intrigued me; however, I failed to note that the film was made by Spike Lee....  :facepalm: Anyone who has seen one of his films knows they're full of cuss words and sex.  That aside, the main character was B  O  R  I  N  G  !!  He was like a robot as far as his monotone voice and lack of facial expression.  I think I managed to survive about 30 minutes of the film (with every other word being f---) and then I just couldn't take the fake (and terrible) attempt at romance any longer.

There is a much older movie titled She from 1965. It sucked, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Catwoman - as it was mentioned. My lord. She wanted a Sequel for THAT. It was terrible. Halley Berry just isn't supposed to play a comic book character, she's too wooden. The best thing I saw her in was a Slave/Post Civil War era mini-series based on a book series that played on television. She was really good in that.

Mortal Instruments - City of Bones - Book to Film 1. The Movie was poorly directed, written, and budgeted to be honest. They wasted a lot of the film's budget on two fight scenes that 1. Never happened in the book, 2. Was just useless. Instead of diving into the characters - which is what Clare is really known for... they just made them all cookie cutter. I mean honestly, they had this scene where the main character used a rune that froze the "bad guys" and instead of slashing them to pieces they limbo around them and end up not getting out of the room before the rune wore off.. So it made little sense what so ever. They messed up the ending, again, went completely against the end of the book and honestly a lot of the beginning of the second...  and I think they missed the mark on casting, definitely directing, and screen writing. :P It was like an example on how to piss off the book fanbase 101. They did everything.

Any Disney Classic Sequel. Ariel 2, Cinderella 2 and 3, Mulan 2... etc. All made low-budget for Television/Nostalgic collection, but still they all suck, but as long as they can make a tiny bit of profit, I guess it is all worth it.

A shit ton of the LGBT films out there are trash. 

Bewitched Remake - The Will Ferrell/Nicole Kidman

On the same note, The Stepford Wives (2004) - Nicole Kidman remake. Were they robots or brainwashed? Some were robots.. some were brainwashed?