Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Next Book's narrator

Since Mark has told us only four chapters are left in Flex, I was wonder about the next book and it's narrator . Is JJ ready for that honor? We have seen his pov a few rimes and I have grown to like him for than I ever did before/.

• Like 1

I think JJ can work as a guest POV who comes in every once in awhile, but at this point, JJ's too isolated and immature to work as a main narrator. I'm thinking we'll probably follow JJ when he gets to the 2005-2006 skating season.

With the household split up between Escorial, Malibu, Chicago and Boston I suspect that Mark will continue to employ multiple narrators depending on where the story takes us.  With the digs in New York, and also in Hawaii, not to mention Wades Virginia estate, there is no shortage of locales.  

I wonder if Wades little brother is going to be stuck in California while Wade moves to Boston?

The story has a target rich environment of potential story lines, all seemingly carefully set up by our cunning author and I for one am ready for wherever it leads us.

• Like 1

I am glad I am not the only one wondering about Wade's youngest brother. I suppose after the way he was raised the loss of his father may not have been the life changing event it was for Will, Matt or Wade, but it has to have had some effect.  

We saw Wade make overtures to step in and be part of the boys life, then no mention now for the longest time. I can't help but wonder if this is something Mark intends to address in the next book.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for Will and Wade, but that's just my personal bias. :P

An interesting combination would be Zach as the main narrator plus a rotation of Brad, Wade and Matt depending on locality.

Zach would be particularly interesting if Mark took us back a year or two to cover Zach's departure from Clairemont and him falling in love with Will. But I guess it would be too stressing to take us through 2001 again. :,(

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..