The Love Song of Lenny Bradshaw by Bryce Lee

The best part about reading other people's reviews and your replies is finding out what I missed when reading the chapter.

The whole 'Casey getting out of bed naked equals him having had sex with Finn' thing went straight over my head, but now I'm dying to know what the phrase 'giving it up to Finn' covers !

I'd be very surprised if they went all the way the first time. I'm guessing making out, mutual masturbation and maybe Finn going down on Casey. But Finn is such a gentleman and considerate boyfriend that I wouldn't be surprised if all they did was cuddle up naked and go to sleep. Only Casey's lack of control (which he predicted) might have prevented this outcome.

So please hurry up and let us know what happened.

• Like 2

The best part about reading other people's reviews and your replies is finding out what I missed when reading the chapter.

The whole 'Casey getting out of bed naked equals him having had sex with Finn' thing went straight over my head, but now I'm dying to know what the phrase 'giving it up to Finn' covers !

I'd be very surprised if they went all the way the first time. I'm guessing making out, mutual masturbation and maybe Finn going down on Casey. But Finn is such a gentleman and considerate boyfriend that I wouldn't be surprised if all they did was cuddle up naked and go to sleep. Only Casey's lack of control (which he predicted) might have prevented this outcome.

So please hurry up and let us know what happened.

I only hinted at the possibility that Casey and Finn did something a bit naughty between the sheets. I assure you that by the end of the next chapter, you will know for sure just how far Casey went with his new suitor.

QUESTION TO READERS:

You meet someone and you have fantastic chemistry with them but you are unable to do anything about it because you're in a relationship with someone else. But your first encounter them could technically be counted as a date. Now imagine that you run into them a year later.

Are you starting over from scratch with that person or does that initial meeting the year before count? Is there a statute of limitation? The reason I ask is because some of my readers have insinuated that Casey and Finn being physical is a bit too soon but in my mind they already have had history.

Any thoughts? Opinions? Comments? I am completely open!

Thanks again for your continued readership and support! XOXO

Bryce

If they both agree that is not just a hook up and the chemistry feels like a lasting one...then I can see merit  in their history counting. It seems like they both thought of each other a lot...and Finn went to great lengths to make it happen so it definitely doesn't seem random. Yet it is awfully quick and the Casey you have let us know, would I think, take things a little slower. So my thinking was that things only went so far. I would buy though that they have that kind of connection that causes them to end up in bed the first night...It happens, when lightning strikes. Cheers...Gary

• Like 1

Well, I guess I already made my views clear, but I'm happy to repeat. I don't think it's too early for them to have some sort of physical relationship, provided they both agree that they are now boyfriends and exclusive. I seem to recall Casey denying to his dad that they were dating, so I guess this it why it feels like such a huge leap. You need to take us through the steps to see how they ended up in bed naked and then it will feeel OK, I think. As long as we're talking about an encounter which respects Casey as being totally inexperienced, I'm on board. Mainly because I think Casey need the physical and mental comfort of being close to Finn.

and as I write this I can see Gary agrees, lol.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear loyal readers of The Love Song of Lenny Bradshaw,

I regret to inform you that as of today I have ceased writing on the story I have been submitting to Gay Authors over the last few months.
Maybe I will finish it. Maybe I will not. The important thing is that I need to take a moment to step back and write on my own for a bit. With that said, I will continue to support my fellow writers. I have read some awesome pieces on this site and I cannot wait to read more. Thank you to those who, without fail, logged in every week to check in on Casey and Lucas and Lenny and the whole gang. That meant more than I can ever express. I hope to continue to chat with each of you and who knows, one day soon I will find the strength and confidence to finish Casey's story. Until then, thank you all very much.

XOXO

Bryce

Edited by Bryce Lee

Take your time, Bryce. We'll wait patiently until you feel ready to continue.

You need to think of yourself first and forget about what we want - except for the fact that we want you to be happy.

Take care and keep in touch

Tim

Thank you so much Tim! Thank you for your unwavering support!

While I am disappointed, I agree wholeheartedly with Tim....I hope at some point you find what you need. Until then, I will keep checking....Cheers and thanks...Gary

I appreciate your kind words and support, Gary! Thank you so much!

Bryce, I'm posting here what I put in a PM also, not sure if you're checking your GA account...

I was thinking that it can be hard for a young writer, or really for anyone who is not extremely strong-willed to deal with constant feedback from readers who are very vocal and have strong opinions about a narrative... anyway, if this is the reason you need some space, I apologize for my part in that. I remember writing in college, and how it totally wilted me to get a negative comment from my instructor about a character's behavior--this isn't the same thing, but I can see how it might be similar.

Anyway, sorry, if I'm completely off the mark. My previous offer to proofread still stands, and whether you publish in the future at GA or elsewhere, any writing help I can give you, I'm happy to offer. You're a real talent, and you have my honest respect for what you've done so far.

• Like 2

Attention all Love Song lovers - I have written an email to our author and relayed our undying love for him as creative force and as a very skilled craftsman of his art. I asked him to reconsider not continuing on with this project, and relayed my personal story of setting my first novel, The Round People, aside for 20 years. I told him that having to constantly live with the regret of not finishing such an important piece as his book is will be a burden that I can personally attest to.     

I hope all you dedicated readers will chime in here with your adamant support, and tell Bryce how much we love him. I have asked him to be sure and come back to the forum in a few days, so I hope each and every one of you will have a chance to write some personal message of encouragement for him. 

Thank you all for your efforts,

AC Benus 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 3

Bryce,

You know how I feel about "Love Song" and about your incredible writing skills...I miss both of them...a lot...I also understand that life happens, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that. I just want you to know how much I have appreciated you and your work. I sincerely hope that one day you will return. It is obvious to me that you are meant to write. I hope that you are happy and well and looking after yourself above all things. You have my devotion...Cheers...Gary

• Like 2

Bryce,

I NEVER go into these forums, but AC reached out to me to check yours out and I'm glad I did.

I didn't realize you were thinking of not continuing with the story. I'm very disappointed to hear that. I remember after I read your first chapter I was so stoked that I found something so exciting that I couldn't wait to read more. Your story drew me in from the first line. I was hooked. The writing is so natural and so real, it's really a pleasure to read. The relationship Casey has with his dad is wonderful, warm, loving, and above all: so f'n funny!!!! Just reading a typical conversation between them never fails to leave me with tears running down my face from laughing so hard. And then you so effortlessly turn that all around until I'm bawling like a baby during the heavy emotional scenes. Few writers can do that. I love the emotional highs and lows of the characters. I love knowing you practically force me to buy stock in Kleenex one minute, and the next I'm laughing my butt off at either Casey, his dad, or Lucas. :)

I'm a very patient reader. There are stories on other sites that take a year sometimes to update. I will wait patiently until you are ready to tackle the story again. I can't imagine how hard it would be to spend all your time and energy creating this wonderful world, posting it for all of us to enjoy, and then waiting for feedback. And you know there are so many readers who don't review. But that's no reflection on you or your writing, Bryce. Lots of people don't feel comfortable leaving reviews (don't ask me why, I have no clue), but that doesn't mean they don't love your story.

The Love Song of Lenny Bradshaw was one of those stories where I would check every day to see if there was an update and squeal like a little fangirl if there was. lol :P

Bryce, take your time, do what you need to do for Bryce, and maybe by taking a few steps back, you'll remember why you wrote the story in the first place and you'll want to return to it.

But please don't give up on it. It truly is a fantastic story. I've read lots of stories on here and on other sites, and Love Song is one of the best I have read. Honestly.

Lisa

• Like 3

Bryce,

I NEVER go into these forums, but AC reached out to me to check yours out and I'm glad I did.

I didn't realize you were thinking of not continuing with the story. I'm very disappointed to hear that. I remember after I read your first chapter I was so stoked that I found something so exciting that I couldn't wait to read more. Your story drew me in from the first line. I was hooked. The writing is so natural and so real, it's really a pleasure to read. The relationship Casey has with his dad is wonderful, warm, loving, and above all: so f'n funny!!!! Just reading a typical conversation between them never fails to leave me with tears running down my face from laughing so hard. And then you so effortlessly turn that all around until I'm bawling like a baby during the heavy emotional scenes. Few writers can do that. I love the emotional highs and lows of the characters. I love knowing you practically force me to buy stock in Kleenex one minute, and the next I'm laughing my butt off at either Casey, his dad, or Lucas. :)

I'm a very patient reader. There are stories on other sites that take a year sometimes to update. I will wait patiently until you are ready to tackle the story again. I can't imagine how hard it would be to spend all your time and energy creating this wonderful world, posting it for all of us to enjoy, and then waiting for feedback. And you know there are so many readers who don't review. But that's no reflection on you or your writing, Bryce. Lots of people don't feel comfortable leaving reviews (don't ask me why, I have no clue), but that doesn't mean they don't love your story.

The Love Song of Lenny Bradshaw was one of those stories where I would check every day to see if there was an update and squeal like a little fangirl if there was. lol :P

Bryce, take your time, do what you need to do for Bryce, and maybe by taking a few steps back, you'll remember why you wrote the story in the first place and you'll want to return to it.

But please don't give up on it. It truly is a fantastic story. I've read lots of stories on here and on other sites, and Love Song is one of the best I have read. Honestly.

Lisa

Thank you, Lisa - this is exactly the kind of feedback I think Bryce needs to know is out there! And I agree with everything you say :) 

Bryce,

You know how I feel about "Love Song" and about your incredible writing skills...I miss both of them...a lot...I also understand that life happens, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that. I just want you to know how much I have appreciated you and your work. I sincerely hope that one day you will return. It is obvious to me that you are meant to write. I hope that you are happy and well and looking after yourself above all things. You have my devotion...Cheers...Gary

Thank you, Gary for adding new encouragement to your previously stated views. I hope we can gently persuade Bryce.

• Like 1

Never think we are not eager for you to continue the story !

If it helped, you'd see us all on our kness begging for you to continue. :)

But on the other hand there is no pressure. We won't be mad, if you take weeks or months or even a couple of years out, in order to get back your joy of writing and posting. And if you just want to be here and chat about the story so far or other things, that's fine too. Whatever you need - just let us know.

:hug:  and   :kiss:

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's been so long since you posted the last chapter Bryce. And still there's so much we don't know and hope to find out one day. Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, I wish you well my friend. I dare to say everyone here will be waiting for you. Me included  :thumbup: .

• Like 3