• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, when I started this story, I planned on eight to ten chapters, tops. I'm having such fun with it so it will be a little longer, as you can see. The fantastic ideas and suggestions have inspired a more complete telling of this story. For that, I thank all my readers, commenters and especially Huk and Val for their awesome help. Smooches and hugs to you all!

• Like 4

Well I'm not sure if Horace is better than Horsie or Horse-Dick, which was the other option. But Wes certainly seems to like Peterson, and I have the feeling it may be mutual. Now we just need Chad and Roy to admit they like each other too.

• Like 1

They can do the dancing around a little longer though, it's fun to watch and listen to them.

I agree - but only as long as it doesn't become to ridiculous or turn into a sad ending with both of them giving up hope and never knowing they could have become a couple. I hate those stories.

• Like 3

Well I'm not sure if Horace is better than Horsie or Horse-Dick, which was the other option. But Wes certainly seems to like Peterson, and I have the feeling it may be mutual. Now we just need Chad and Roy to admit they like each other too.

:facepalm: I just figured Peterson would be the kind of person to be named Horace. Must've been some kind of subliminal influence.

• Like 1

We're really having to earn our happy ending, huh?  Let's hang in there, we know that Chad and Roy are probably in good shape.  I'm a bit worried about the English teacher back home, though... 

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 3

From your review response, Cole... What do you mean, the next chapter will try all our souls?  :unsure:

i mean, the next chapter has some pain, but nobody breaks up, gets injured, or kicked out of a bar. Wait, someone does get kicked out of a bar! Dammit!

• Like 2

Well, you know you'll have at least three :pissed: readers chasing you with pitchforks :evil:  if Chad doesn't man up and tell Roy he likes him. We're not expecting an all out declaration of love, just of intent. That he wants them to be more than friends. 

• Like 2

i mean, the next chapter has some pain, but nobody breaks up, gets injured, or kicked out of a bar. Wait, someone does get kicked out of a bar! Dammit!

Oh, ok. I was afraid you meant full-on 1980s flashback. Which I will read, don't get me wrong, but it's better not to give me prior warning.

• Like 1

We're really having to earn our happy ending, huh?  Let's hang in there, we know that Chad and Roy are probably in good shape.  I'm a bit worried about the English teacher back home, though...

There's nothing to worry about with the English teacher in the next chapter. He doesnt show up until...wait. did i say that out loud?

• Like 1

There's nothing to worry about with the English teacher in the next chapter. He doesnt show up until...wait. did i say that out loud?

You are so bad.  :o  Come on, we know he's going to show up because what was that letter about? He can't sleep at night because of what he said to Chad? He must've figured out that Chad means something to him... Is he the cause of the accidental outing? were they actually together for a while and then he repudiated the whole thing? I must admit, he's a sad, mysterious, complex-sounding character... You did say no one winds up alone?

• Like 2

I just reread the whole story...I got lost in it again. When you read it all at once the buildup has more impact and the mystery of what was behind the letter is a big one. it kind of scares me that Silas may have feelings for Chad that may have been returned at one time. I get the feeling though that Chad made advances that were spurned and now there is regret on Silas' part. If that is the case, I say too late, loser...Chad belongs to Roy now!! :P

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 4

But Chad's been outed himself, and recently. That gives him some a little bit of high ground to chase Boyd away from his Roy!

Wait though. Who outed Chad? OMG! Was it Silas? Are those the things he said at the restaurant???

Edit: hang on, was this the chapter that was supposed to try all our souls? Now I feel embarrassed my soul is so insensitive!

Edited by Irritable1