We can add "nice to idiots" to your other qualities, Gary...  :)

Mann, since I ruined that review--I want to say that this was a really good chapter. That landing was very telling: Priest is so torn up in the process of protecting his partners he's even forgetting to posture and show off! The scene in the bathroom was really sweet too, and oddly I was most touched by the moment when Priest helped Arbor down and Arbor let him. I do wonder what happened to Arbor before he got to the inn, though--why was he so upset already, even before he was refused service? Anyway, you've done a great job of making us believe in the characters, and care about them.

• Like 2

Oh all right, Irri, I admit you are right and Priest do have a few redeeming qualities, one of which is to be protective of Costa and Arbor.

And I also want to know what kinds of (perceived) insults Arbor had experienced before he entered that place - and how he even found it !

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Priest did mention the Inn in the last chapter, but he is surprised that Arbor turns up when he's so mad at him. 

I really like what a clean solid job Mann's done of backing up all the emotional realizations that Priest comes to in this chapter--the Costa arc is really a thing of beauty. You guys were right about the three-way: I think it's not going to happen. 

Edit: Though, oh my god, is Priest really going to let Costa back on the ship, knowing that he doesn't have enough Calm to keep himself from killing them all?

Edited by Irritable1

Edit: Though, oh my god, is Priest really going to let Costa back on the ship, knowing that he doesn't have enough Calm to keep himself from killing them all?

You are making the assumption that Costa tells Priest everything. But you never know...

• Like 1

The intrigue that is Costa is more than just a pariah and is he still evolving and will the Calm even work?

The conundrum that Priest faces is that he cares for Arbour and is drawn like a moth to flame by Costa and even seems to realize it can go nowhere but up in smoke.

The problem is whether Mrs. Claus will survive the brewing storm...

• Like 1

My favorite part of this chapter has been the reviews/comments on how sweet the scene between Priest and Arbor was. Who knew a blow job in the mens room would be so romantic!

It is when you write it...the bloom came off the rose so to speak when they had to make a hasty exit...very amusing example of  the bad part of being romantic in a men's room :huh:

• Like 1

My favorite part of this chapter has been the reviews/comments on how sweet the scene between Priest and Arbor was. Who knew a blow job in the mens room would be so romantic!

I had a friend in college who used to say  "It ain't where you are, it's who you are with!"

• Like 1

Should we make our predictions now?

Mine:

1) Mrs. Claus will have another meltdown by chapter's end. 

2) Priest is going to get in huge trouble with Danverse for something

3) We're going to find out Arbor met his ex during the shore leave.

• Like 2

Oh...good ones...I don't want to go against you cuz you were right last time! But....where's the fun in that...

1-no meltdown for Mrs. Claus because Costa has enough Calm for a while so my 1 is...Arbor will get jealous of Costa and react badly

2-we will see that Danverse is keeping an eye on Priest and his piloting but he won't get in trouble...yet...maybe just a warning....

3-that is your best one...possible, but too early...I think love(crush?) and sadness/lonliness made him seek out Priest...my 3- Costa will realize that he cares more about Priest than he thought although he will fight the idea because he can't afford the distraction from his goal...and 4-I hope we see a big strong lonely black man talking to Arbor at some point :P and that Arbor starts to see possibilities....

Back to you...

• Like 2

So Priest has made his choice...and it is Arbor (I bow to Irri). I loved that realization by Priest. The scoundrel has been tamed but the guy who did it has no idea yet. It is nice to know that it is possible that the ship doc could whip up a batch of calm for Costa. I think Costa should come clean before they all suffer. For the first time he really showed his humanity and vulnerability in this chapter so I hope he chooses not to put Priest and Arbor at risk. Fantastic chapter Mr. Ramblings...may I suggest twice a week postings? :rolleyes:

• Like 2