I suspect that the transition of Pol to the android will be almost as much psychic trauma as carrying around the extra persona has been.  Costa has monumental problems right now and I suspect he will continue to have more than most people can imagine, except perhaps Mann........

Hmm, Arbor helping Costa? We know Arbor is insecure, is he insecure enough to rat out Costa to get him out of Priest's life?

Rat him out to whom? The captain already knows, as does Priest. To blow their cover now would get himself locked up as well as his boyfriend. If he wants Costa out of Priests life, at this point helping him save Pol is his best bet!

• Like 2

Costa carried Pol all these months. One has to wonder if Pol was the only consciousness transferred to the android. Could the paralysis have been caused by too much of himself being transferred as well, leaving behind only enough to blow the lab? Costa had obviously planned for this outcome. It is hard to believe that after everything he didn't have a plan to preserve himself as well.

• Like 4

Definitely seems feasible, but honestly I'll be just as happy for Costa to stay dead. He is not the most appealing of characters.

I understand how you feel that way but I think that we should also remember that Costa was a victim who had the weight of the whole world on his shoulders, with him being probably the last Pariah left. He felt responsible for Poll's death and possibly the whole holocaust. He spent nine years collecting up pieces of Poll and knew of the other Swaden's goal of repeating the same nightmare. He lied and used people,,  yes, but he sacrificed himself for what he thought of as the greater good. I can't help but see a certain nobility in that. The man suffered incredibly for his goals, suspect though they may be.

• Like 4

I understand how you feel that way but I think that we should also remember that Costa was a victim who had the weight of the whole world on his shoulders, with him being probably the last Pariah left. He felt responsible for Poll's death and possibly the whole holocaust. He spent nine years collecting up pieces of Poll and knew of the other Swaden's goal of repeating the same nightmare. He lied and used people,,  yes, but he sacrificed himself for what he thought of as the greater good. I can't help but see a certain nobility in that. The man suffered incredibly for his goals, suspect though they may be.

I do know you're right, Gary, but I'm just not feeling it, you know? He nearly kills everyone on the Santa Claus. They all survive. He gets help for his brother. Then he takes a chance on getting them killed again. I get it, I do, but... he was not a restful sort of guy  ;) I mean, at some point you accept that despite what made someone what they are, they are what they are, and Costa was always going to be the guy handing someone a suitcase bomb...

Edit: Or at least that's how it strikes me, that he'd never have been finished. I'm open to conviction, and I'm curious to hear what Mann would have to say about it.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Costa carried Pol all these months. One has to wonder if Pol was the only consciousness transferred to the android. Could the paralysis have been caused by too much of himself being transferred as well, leaving behind only enough to blow the lab? Costa had obviously planned for this outcome. It is hard to believe that after everything he didn't have a plan to preserve himself as well.

My main objection to this theory is that Costa wouldn't want Poll to carry a double load of consciousness, since this was what slowly drove Costa into a mental frenzy. Although as an android the problem may have been less for Poll. My guess would be that Costa transferred all his happy twin memories, caring and love for Poll to a small separate part which would activate whenever Poll missed Costa and tell Poll how much his brother loved him.

• Like 3

I do know you're right, Gary, but I'm just not feeling it, you know? He nearly kills everyone on the Santa Claus. They all survive. He gets help for his brother. Then he takes a chance on getting them killed again. I get it, I do, but... he was not a restful sort of guy  ;) I mean, at some point you accept that despite what made someone what they are, they are what they are, and Costa was always going to be the guy handing someone a suitcase bomb...

Edit: Or at least that's how it strikes me, that he'd never have been finished. I'm open to conviction, and I'm curious to hear what Mann would have to say about it.

Without revealing anything, I would say that Costa is a driven man who over focusses on his goals. He's grown up in a society that made him a second class citizen by birthright and lost the only living person he gave a damn about, his twin, after going to a lot of effort to make Poll's life easier by getting him placed with Anthony Swaden. Costa's not afraid of sacrifice for the greater good, but while he'll clearly put others at risk to attain his goals, would he sacrifice them as well? I'd like to think that if he hadn't stroked out, he would have tried to help Priest and Arbor to escape safely. 

Would he have been finished? If there was proof that he wasn't successful at ending the Swaden legacy, I would bet that Costa would use any tool at his disposal to finish the job. But I would always believe he would be willing to carry the bomb in and not send in an agent and watch the result.

• Like 4

Wait. Is this the last chapter? Seriously?  DON'T POST DON'T POST

Irri...I mean this in the best possible way...what the hell is wrong with you?? Dont post ?.....I am pumped full of cold meds trying to stay awake and you say dont post? Are you drunk? Or just insane??....I still love you though....

• Like 2

Are you drunk? Or just insane??

Bit of both tonight actually... poor Gary, are you still sick? It's all that Canadian weather. 

Fine, if the series must end, it must, but I give you fair warning, I'm going to be seriously maudlin.

Edit:

Think about it... New character, Angus resists, new pursues, Angus demands a ring before he bends over, new runs away screaming   :rofl:

Sighhhh. I'd trade it all for another chapter of this one.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Think about it... New character, Angus resists, new pursues, Angus demands a ring before he bends over, new runs away screaming  :rofl:

I would take the ring...nice little ceremony and then Angus comes across :o:boy:

Oh, like you're in a position to talk  :P You'd give Angus a ring!

Damn straight I would...or bent...over...Angus that is... -_-

• Like 2

It's a cliché, but all good things do have to eventually come to an end. However, this just means Mann has to give us a new series. Mann, you know you have to give us a new series, right? :yes:

Btw, does Carlos have a new name? Very exciting!

• Like 4