Ok - So why have none of us noticed/mentioned the fact that Priest is playing with a dead man at the moment? And in that case just where is Poll ( that's the way it was spelled in Ones and Zeros)? Last we saw of him he was losing himself in the data stream.

Yuk, sex with a Zombie? Bad image, very bad image. What if his thingy breaks off inside his partner?

Y'all realize that Mann monitors this forum and then changes the story so none of our guesses end up being correct? That Mann is evil that way!

• Like 2

I'm about to go on vacation and have to go to bed early tonight and rise very early tomorrow. What to do? Should I post early? Or should I post late Sunday after we finish traveling...

Hmm... decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

Posse roundup in progress just in case we need to lynch a certain author for denying us our little Saturday/Sunday pleasure.  :angry:

In case the threat doesn't work....

im still on antibiotics and pain killers, I'm depressed and could sure use a little something to cheer me up  :,(

In case the pity appeal doesn't work...

But Mann, you're the most fantasticfabulousstupendous author on GA, think of all your adoring fans  :kiss:

In case flattery doesn't work....

I'm sure I can come up with half a dozen more if needed

• Like 3

How about just doing the "paperwork" now with it timed to post at the usual time/day?  Then Carlos will not go into withdrawal and I can download it to my nook and have some good reading at the horse show tomorrow!

• Like 2

Or just post on Sunday Danish time, that's in six hours.

Or if you go by Australian time, it's now (I think).

If you're ready, just post for F... sake, Mann. Don't leave us hanging...

Wouldn't you rather see :):D:lol: faces than :(:angry::,( faces ? 

• Like 2

BTW, if you post now maybe you'll hit 4K before you leave on your trip. Only 22 more needed :D

And Carlos can go to the Ramrod :P and I can go to..well...that's a secret... :o ...you don't want to deprive us of our social life, do you?

• Like 1

Well. Why am I not surprised that Priest was made miserable by the wish-fulfillment? 

The only thing is, if Costa is manipulating him... you'd think he'd make a better job of it, at least make Priest feel like he's on his side. Or is the faint hope of a return engagement enough?

Also, I'm worried about Arbor. Keeping all that stuff on his data pad seems like just the kind of move that'll get him into trouble in Ch12  :P

• Like 1

Well. Why am I not surprised that Priest was made miserable by the wish-fulfillment? 

The only thing is, if Costa is manipulating him... you'd think he'd make a better job of it, at least make Priest feel like he's on his side. Or is the faint hope of a return engagement enough?

Also, I'm worried about Arbor. Keeping all that stuff on his data pad seems like just the kind of move that'll get him into trouble in Ch12  :P

Is Costa manipulating him. I can't decide wether he is or if he's just attracted to Priest and Calm turns him into a sex fiend....

My fear with Abor is that Earth authorities will track his hacking.

• Like 2

Is Costa manipulating him. I can't decide wether he is or if he's just attracted to Priest and Calm turns him into a sex fiend....

It does seem like he can't quite get it together enough to pull the strings properly, even though he intended to. Hmmm.

Here, have some pretty butterflies  :gikkle:

• Like 2

My fear with Abor is that Earth authorities will track his hacking.

I can't decide that either...the Calm thing clouds the whole picture. It is like...Is that Costa doing that or is it the Calm?? Would the real Costa please stand up! With Arbor, I question his wisdom here...prison is not that far behind him...yet it is his job to figure out the glitches that are occurring so unless he just tells Mac everything he knows, he is caught between a rock and a hard...place :o . He feels he needs all the info he can get before coming forward with it but the risk is great...and now he seems to be feeling concern for Costa and what he has endured. It's getting curiouser and curiouser...

• Like 1

Would the real Costa please stand up!

With both Costa and Poll legally officially dead, that is a pretty apt question. It was theorized at one point that we have the body of one twin and the consciousness of the other here, but which is which? 

I am guessing Costa's body and Polls mind since there were notations in Arbors research about an autopsy showing changes in the brain after Poll was supposedly found dead in the Hub. Easier to fake an incineration order than to manage to live through an autopsy.

I went back and read Ones and Zeros again.  There was not a whole lot of time that Costa could have gotten back to Poll after the supposed murder/cremation. Poll may have already lost himself in the web before Costa could find a secure way to contact him.

A little off topic here but an interesting note - Forums are more fun when I can play without letting out any secrets!

• Like 4