I think this story was on here but I am not entirely sure. The story is about the crown prince of Scotland, named either Andrew or Matthew, who wanted to experience what it was like to be "normal".  He convinces his grandfather, the king of Scotland, to allow him to attend a boarding school in the United States, New England I think.  While there he falls for another boy, whose name is one of the two names listed above.  Last time I read a chapter, the King had died and the main character had just arrived back at the castle in Scotland to be crowned king.

Thanks in advance.

• Site Administrator

Searching for Scotland and Crown Prince, I found Celethiel's The Children of Kishar which includes a character called Andrew, but it doesn't sound like what you were looking for. I tried a couple of other searches, but I couldn't find anything else. Sorry.

I think I know the story you are looking for. Can´t remember the name and I´m not sure about the author, but it sounds like a story I was waiting to be finished before starting to read it. Couldn´t find it here anymore, though.