Clearing my throat: no flirting in my forum, boys. :angry:

but the twins were nice and the kittens cute :rolleyes:

hey!!! :angry: :angry:  we're not flirting :no: ....I promised you not to do naughty stuff in your forums, didn't I  :huh: ....now my feelings are hurt  :,(  :,(  :,( 

*angrily takes the boys back.....but leaves the kittens though :P *

• Like 1

Very nice Victor :)

(Psssst Tim has a thing for blondes if you're looking for inspirational material :gikkle:)

I'll make sure to remember that for the next time I use hot half-naked men :yes::gikkle:

:wub: I remember that pic of James Ellis you posted :heart:

we wouldn't forget such stuff Drew :*) ....now would we :gikkle::wub:

Ha! You don't know what my tastes in men are :P:lol: So... bring it on! :gikkle:

who told you I was going to use men on you??? :huh::P:gikkle: :gikkle:

:huh: When were we flirting? :lol:

see the above posts

hey!!! :angry: :angry:  we're not flirting :no: ....I promised you not to do naughty stuff in your forums, didn't I  :huh: ....now my feelings are hurt  :,(  :,(  :,(

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but those two posts definitely looked like naughty stuff to me. :lol:

Don't worry, sweet guys... you can flirt over on COTT...

thanks Gary, I'll chase them over there. ;)

:wub: I remember that pic of James Ellis you posted :heart:

I remember that too. :P  :*)

we wouldn't forget such stuff Drew :*) ....now would we :gikkle::wub:

Nobody could forget those pics. :D:P

including the ones Drew found which had me drooling madly, too. :blushing:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Site Moderator

Tim

The video clip of the train boat was really interesting. I'm posting it here for the rest of "the class" so they can learn about it too.

Before the bridge over the great belt (Storebælt) was built, we had train ferries there too. You might wanna watch this: 

as you get to the end of the video, you'll see the trains drive off the ferry.

1810 :thumbup:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

This is an episode from a PBS show about Denmark. It covers some of the main 'tourist' highlights outside of Copenhagen :)

Watch it only if y'all have less than thirty minutes to spare. Enjoy :)

EDIT: For those who don't have the time to see this video; the places visited are Frederiksborg Castle, Roskilde, Odense, Aarhus, and Ærø :)

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1

This is an episode from a PBS show about Denmark. It covers some of the main 'tourist' highlights outside of Copenhagen :)

Watch it only if y'all have less than thirty minutes to spare. Enjoy :)

Thanks Drew, I hadn't seen that. But I can see it features the Old Town of Aarhus in the initial picture.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This has nothing to do with a new chapter, sorry.

But for those who remember Russ and Jacob meeting a group of young immigrants / descendants being openly anti-gay, I just want to share a few of the results from a recent survey amongst LBGT in Denmark.

Not surprisingly non-European LGBT have a harder time than Danish LGBT when it comes to acceptance, both of themselves and from their surroundings. But what is interesting is that the lack of acceptance from their surroundings is mainly related to religion and to the concept of family honor.

Thus the more religious their background was, the more problems with LGBT tolerance, and this got worse if they came from a culture with strong tradition for control to uphold honor. Because Islam was the main religion in the survey, it was easiest to say something about this, and even mongst fairly non-religious Moslems homosexuality was considered a sin and something which should be kept hidden from the family.

Interestingly, the percentage of immigrants who were generally tolerant of LGBT was more similar to Europe than to the countries they came from. But there was still 20% who thought society should not accept homosexuality, and 24% thought sex between two men and two women should be illegal /forbidden. In comparison, 3% of the Danish population in general shares the latter opinion.

There were lots of other interesting statistics, eg that 82% of Danish LGBT said religion did not affect their families' views of LGBT, but only 31% of immigrant/decendant LGBT said the same. And sadly there was no improved tolerance amongst descendants.

One of the conclusions was that changing the attitudes and beliefs amongst strongly religious groups, particularly Moslems, was the main way to increase tolerance towards LGBT in Denmark.

If you can read Danish, you might want to have a look at the report.

• Like 2

Don't mind me.. I'll just perch right here, waiting for the twins, while Rob and his cohorts enjoy the spotlight!  -_-  :P

Aww, Def, I'm sorry. :*)  I promise the twins are up next. I have half the chapter done (5,600 words).

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Aww, Def, I'm sorry. :*)  I promise the twins are up next. I have half the chapter done (5,600 words).

...oh no...you gonna launch an 11,000 word chapter at your bata reader...? LOL

• Like 1

Plus, I hope the next chapter we meet Christian :) I'll be saying "Aw!!!" when he moons over Kristin :wub:

Ehm, no that won't be until chapter 14 or 15.

Anyway, my inspiration ran out after reaching 7,000 words. Better a short chapter than no chapter, right?

• Like 1

7000 words is not a short chapter... :boy:

lol, I guess not, but apart from the very short ch. 12, only ch. 10 is around 7,000 words.

It's just I was visualising a lot more happening, but I suddenly got to the perfect place to stop, and at the same time I ran out of inspiration.