somebody mentioned there isn't much drama going on in the last few chapters... ;)

does anyone else feel the same?

I like what you said in response to my review, it's nice to have a story where there isn't a ton of drama all the time. It is like a nice little breather from my usual ranting about character screw ups. As much as I absolutely love stories where the characters and situations can get a rise out of me, it doesn't have to be that all the time. I definitely need sweet and romantic moments where the characters enjoy each other as well.

Real life isn't conflict 24/7 no matter how much reality shows want to convince us otherwise. Could there be more in the future? Sure, and in fact if you have some in mind don't be afraid to include it. I will say that the characters growing together still equals story movement. Just as long as you don't find yourself bored with the characters. If you get bored chances are your readers will as well. If not, then I'll bet we'll come back for more... as long as a hot jockstrap scene gets included in the chapter :rofl:

• Like 2

I will say that the characters growing together still equals story movement.

Thanks, spikey - and the sentence above reminded me, I forgot to thank you for saying Russ was showing depth and maturity. I love when my readers notice improvement in him, because that's the main theme of the story.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Uhm, yeah, so I'm very sorry about leaving you all waiting, but the good news is I've finally begun writing the next chapter. I'm hoping to finish by the weekend.

But I mostly came here to copy this conversation from clochette's status, because I liked it so much. :thankyou:

clochette

I've finally did it! I've caved and read MorningStar this weekend! It's great!!

glitteryantlers
Where should I complain about Tim editing and editing and reviewing and editing instead of writing a little on Clueless Camping? Or some about Rob and Co.? *rummages for button reporting missing updates*

clochette
Yeah it can be frustrating as a reader lol but the poor guys need to have a life too ;)

Timothy M.
@glitteryantlers: I'm sorry, I know exactly what you mean. You can always go to my story discussion topics and moan or wave pitchforks around, lol. 

Lux Apollo
I was about to say that, but there are also a lot of us that love Tim's feedback so you would have to make your way through some variously armed human shields. ;)

Timothy M.
@Lux: awww, that's so nice of you to say. :hug:

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Uhm, yeah, so I'm very sorry about leaving you all waiting, but the good news is I've finally begun writing the next chapter. I'm hoping to finish by the weekend.

But I mostly came here to copy this conversation from clochette's status, because I liked it so much. :thankyou:

Oh, you mean Lux is nice and I'm the meanie?

BTW I found a nice deco for my living room

97c57ee7f529f7f809e990b743d5b49b.jpg

• Like 3

P.S. I'm glad you take it as a compliment and are not offended by demanding fans. (I just read Comicality's latest blog entry and felt immediately bad :'( )

Nope, I take it as a compliment when my fans ask about the story, but then you're all nice and polite, rather than demanding and nasty, the way he seems to experience.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Would a crazy Californian waving a pitchfork help get a new chapter out?

Duck! He's never touched a pitchfork in his life!

Maybe, but you'll have to wave it at Kitt, who has the chapter for editing. :lol: But she's very busy. AC is even more stressed, so I haven't even sent it to him for beta-reading.

In the meanwhile I'll be working on more chapters (the vote on my status was for Patrick).

• Like 1

I remind you there were a few votes for both :P

Maybe, but you'll have to wave it at Kitt, who has the chapter for editing. :lol: But she's very busy. AC is even more stressed, so I haven't even sent it to him for beta-reading.

In the meanwhile I'll be working on more chapters (the vote on my status was for Patrick).

• Like 2

I'm happy just waiting, knowing that a new chapter is on its way. :) (AC has been very busy/stressed for some time now :( ) I would never dream of demanding new content but maybe that's just me being English. ;)

• Like 2

Tim and I can sit on the beach together reading while you guys surf.

Great Idea, Sis. :D Or I can write and you can edit. :gikkle:

I second this motion. But only nice and polite, not demanding. :-D

clueless.gif

sorry for being  :off:

Not to worry, I transported your great pic over here from Sasha's topic. :D

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

The wait is over! :D

Chapter 18 is posted. As always I'm grateful to Kitt and AC Benus for helping me kick the chapter in shape, particularly the commas. :*)

If you want to see the surveys mentioned in the chapter, they are here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/04/14/map-these-are-the-worlds-least-religious-countries/
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/03/12/how-do-americans-stand-out-from-the-rest-of-the-world/

• Like 1

The wait is over! :D

Chapter 18 is posted. As always I'm grateful to Kitt and AC Benus for helping me kick the chapter in shape, particularly the commas. :*)

If you want to see the surveys mentioned in the chapter, they are here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/04/14/map-these-are-the-worlds-least-religious-countries/

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/03/12/how-do-americans-stand-out-from-the-rest-of-the-world/

Surveys. This means I'm studying, right?

• Like 1

At the end of my review of Chapter 18, spellcheck 'corrected' my attempt to write 'endorsement' to 'enforcement' which doesn't quite make sense. I have no desire to compel you to take long breaks between chapters!!!

LOL, my eyes must have autocorrected back, because I totally read the word as endorsement. :)

• Like 1

Surveys? After all those recent polls that were wrong?  ;)

Well, at least these surveys are not trying to predict anything. But I guess they could still be wrong.

"American Exceptionalism" More religious than other industrialized countries and more likely to say that today is a particularly good day.

Believing in fairytales makes you happier?

Yeah, they may need this in the next few years, if things will go as some people predict. But you know, I think it may all turn out OK in the end. I'm the eternal optimist, which is less stressful than being a pessimist.