Silly Author - That's a no brainer - He forgot Kristin was coming to Denmark as well, and Evan and Jacob can't be there because it makes it soooooo much harder for things like comparing how alike or different the twins are in some areas and for momma to tell embarrassing stories about when they were little! If they were present the conversations would be interspersed with "Don't tell him that!" and all sorts of things that would potentially change the subject and end the important part of the conversation.

Well, in defense of my brain (or what's left of it :) ), I certainly remembered that Sis is coming too, but my suggestion is based on notion that Russell is dying with curiosity about how the whole "Evan and Chris thing" works. He naturally wants to compare/contrast the similarities and differences between his own reality with Jacob. He would want to get Chris alone, but it would be cute if the twins' mom finagles her way into the mix as well - she'll have just as much motivation to assure herself that Chris and Jacob are suitable spouses for her boys.

So I think, Kitt, you are I are perfectly aligned in our thoughts - now it's up to Timothy M to 'make us happy!' Hehehe 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 2

I love the ideas of having Russ and Evan compare 'dating' notes...the Ida Davidsen thing I don't get, will have to look it up.  Moms telling stories to embarrass kids--been there!  She loved the one which caused me to never again stand up to urinate!  It involved me being tall enough to finally do it, but not always remembering to hold the lid up.  Enough said (shudder!).

I'd love to see the twins compare notes with their boyfriends...with or without mom--it would be a major highlight to cultural differences and has great potential for both amusement and inspiration!

Bucket, I'm going to take the 1500 question test soon, maybe I'll get some of my purity back!  Or maybe sink a bit lower, but I can't see how.

• Like 3

I love the ideas of having Russ and Evan compare 'dating' notes...the Ida Davidsen thing I don't get, will have to look it up.  Moms telling stories to embarrass kids--been there!  She loved the one which caused me to never again stand up to urinate!  It involved me being tall enough to finally do it, but not always remembering to hold the lid up.  Enough said (shudder!).

I'd love to see the twins compare notes with their boyfriends...with or without mom--it would be a major highlight to cultural differences and has great potential for both amusement and inspiration!

Bucket, I'm going to take the 1500 question test soon, maybe I'll get some of my purity back!  Or maybe sink a bit lower, but I can't see how.

The comparing notes about boyfriends should definitely be without any maternal oversight :o 

Good luck with the 1500 question test - it's a lot of questions 

• Like 3

Tim,

Are you by chance paid by the Danish Tourist Board? ;-)

JAR

LOL that is so funny. I do realize I'm trying to 'sell' you the idea of Denmark as a nice holiday place, but why not ? It will get less as the story progresses, but it's also because if people complain about a lack of descriptions or they want to know what Danish food is like, I can tell them to check out the forum.

• Like 4

I know for a fact tht I'd love to visit Denmark--but I think I'd starve--I can't stand fish in any form!  I'm a good descendent of Southern Germans--ham in many forms, beef and chicken or other poultry are my choice of main dishes--and we can't forget bratwurst!  A great restaurant here: Schmidt's has been making and selling their own spicy brats for 150 years I think...I love nearly everything on their menu--schnitzel, sauerbraten, bratwurst, red cabbage...yum!  They also sell enormous cream puffs for dessert!  Now I just have to make myself a pot of Kirschkaltschale, and I'm set!

Thanks for the link to Ida's Tim.  Everything sounds like it has seafood on it though. :(  I'm going to check out the rest of the picture links to get an idea of Jacob's parents' house.

• Like 2

I know for a fact tht I'd love to visit Denmark--but I think I'd starve--I can't stand fish in any form! 

Denmark is the country in Europe with the most pigs per inhabitants and probably also per hectare. So a huge part of our food comes from pigs, but cattle is also important. You'll have no difficulty in avoiding fish and seafood, lol.

I think you may have been fooled by the fact that the smørrebrød list starts off with the fish and seafood selection, but that's just because you're supposed to begin with the fish, move on to the meat (scroll down on the list) and end with the cheese.

• Like 1

I caught up with the story and read through all the forum posts, and loved all the links. I hadn´t realised how similar Finland and Denmark are. Could have something to do with our mutual history, some of the ways and traditions probably date all the way to the Kalmar Union time, even if we didn´t much care about your kings and queens  :joe: 

Anyway, loved reading about Russell and Jacob and looking forward meeting the rest of the family. 

• Like 1

LOL that is so funny. I do realize I'm trying to 'sell' you the idea of Denmark as a nice holiday place, but why not ? It will get less as the story progresses, but it's also because if people complain about a lack of descriptions or they want to know what Danish food is like, I can tell them to check out the forum.

The Amazing Race episode in Denmark said that Copenhagen was just rated the best place to live in Europe by some lifestyle magazine. So it must have a lot going for it :)   

• Like 2

It is the most famous place in Copenhagen for buying smørrebørd (open face sandwiches).

See http://www.idadavidsen.dk/cms/Velkommen

or English version: http://www.idadavidsen.dk/en-gb/cms/Welcome

YUMMY YUMMY pictures! I love all seafood, so despite ColumbusGuy and his reticent disinclination for anchovy (lol), i could easily wile away an afternoon with Ida - who seems to be a lovely person too. Thanks Tim! 

• Like 1

I'm editing as fast as I can with houseguests.  On  a good note, not to hijack Tim's thread, I get to discuss stories with Sasha in person!

well, I think we all agree that Sasha's stories takes precedence. Pass on some :hug: and :kiss: please.

well, I suppose I could always start writing chapter 9, which is where the twins have a looooong talk about their boyfriends. :P

or at least that's what I've planned...

YEA! An Ida Davidson scene!!!

• Like 1

YEA! An Ida Davidson scene!!!

weellll - I did have subject matters in mind which would NOT be suitable for a nice restaurant filled with tourists. :*)

But I promise to go there at some point - maybe Benedicte could invite Isa and Russell for lunch to discuss wedding plans....

• Like 2

weellll - I did have subject matters in mind which would NOT be suitable for a nice restaurant filled with tourists. :*)

But I promise to go there at some point - maybe Benedicte could invite Isa and Russell for lunch to discuss wedding plans....

yes, with Chris

I apologize for the delay in posting chapter 8. But this guy called Rob kept yelling in my ear, and people (who shall be unnamed) goaded him on. :lol:

But I'm doing the final editing right now, so I'm hoping to post tonight.

I'm a bit nervous about your reactions to this chapter. :unsure:

Here you go:  https://www.gayauthors.org/story/timothy-m/cluelesscamping/8

Edited by Timothy M.

I apologize for the delay in posting chapter 8. But this guy called Rob kept yelling in my ear, and people (who shall be unnamed) goaded him on. :lol:

But I'm doing the final editing right now, so I'm hoping to post tonight.

I'm a bit nervous about your reactions to this chapter. :unsure:

You are not blaming me, are you?

JAR

Ceterum Censeo: Rob is gay ;-)

• Like 1

I have just got to say on here that Chapter 8 was worth the wait....finally meeting Russell's dad was a very powerful scene....as was the twins being reunited with their amazing boyfriends present...It went from incredibly tense to incredibly charming...and terrifically hilarious....Thanks Tim :hug::worship:  cheers...G

• Like 2