Howdy Y'all. Since the author is a little shy about starting his own discussion about the story in the forum, I'd thought I'd jump in and do it.

Anyone else interested in discussing the Pack's adventures?

Carlos

• Like 2

Alright Tim!

I sent John a link to this thread and asked him to post it in the chapter end notes of Chapter 7 coming up.

I need to check if there are any chapters I've not written a review for and if I find one I'll write something up there as well. We seem to have a nice little group that always writes reviews.

• Like 1

I'm still lobbying for Seb to be made a member of the pack. He can't be inner circle because he's not gay but he can be a Delta. Aren't those the males treated like royalty because they produce the largest quantity of strong pups?

• Like 1

I am all caught up now with the first book and now this one...I have lots of opinions but I will just listen to others for the time being. I will just say that the writing is excellent and the story intriguing....cheers...Gary

• Like 2

Gary and I both participate on a discussion forum for another story. Never seen him be shy about expressing his opinions  :P

i think I'm gonna be one of his favorite authors though. After giving John a big red headed bottom in a Chapter I ended the last one with a blonde and a brunette in bed, both hairy!   :D

• Like 1

Somethings is going on indeed. I promised a full book 4 on "what is true love?" and I didn't get excitement from Gary ... J.A.R.

You told me that after I posted on here. Read my PM about what happens if I don't like book 4...it involves the threat of Carlos' hairy tops. I know what true love is...we'll see if book 4's version measures up...don't be setting me up for a fall :o  See Carlos...I am back...I can't be quiet for long :P this tongue is for you...

• Like 1

You told me that after I posted on here. Read my PM about what happens if I don't like book 4...it involves the threat of Carlos' hairy tops. I know what true love is...we'll see if book 4's version measures up...don't be setting me up for a fall :o  See Carlos...I am back...I can't be quiet for long :P this tongue is for you...

I wasn't aware that posting on GA involved the threats of bodily harm by pseudo alpha males (i.e. hairy tops) ;-). I am not saying that I will answer the question on true love, I will only play with it ;-) - until 17500 vampires attack, that changes priorities ;-). Looking forward to you not being quiet.

J.A.R.

• Like 1

Gary, I saw the comment where you wondered about the inner circle not being allowed to cum. Remember Brian's explanation: this is not something Colt demands, in fact I'm pretty sure he felt / feels a bit weird about it. According to Brian this is a wolf thing and hardwired into their genetic setup. None of the four were able to get hard and have sex or jerk off, before they met Colt. And I'm certain they do get (sexual) satisfaction from being with Colt, but it's just not evident as ejaculation. Sam said it very cutely after he lost his virginity - and I think they are all getting a pleasantly drunk buzz on Colt's wine scent.

In fact it's one of the things I like about Colt: he had a hard time accepting his role as Meta including the way the wolves expect him to act towards them sexually. Every now and then (in fact in almost every chapter) he has a moment of doubt or embarrassment, even when the wolves react positively to him being possessive or sexually demanding. Eg the way he goes all :*)  when the wolves brag or tease each other about being with Colt, it's so cute. And the way he gives sarcastic comments to himself shows me he is trying not to lose perspective but stay aware of the danger and duty of being Meta.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Thanks to the Original Forum starter... for creating this forum.

JohnAR knows how much I love his story - but thanks again. I have written a few reviews, but not as many as he deserves... Of course I've also threatened him with Multitudes of FAT Hairy Tops chasing him!

I love the whole story - I am riveted by the somewhat unusual storyline, and am thoroughly enjoying the often baffling cliffhangers/Colt twists that are thrown our way.

Looking forward to the coming Chapters/Books

• Like 1

Dear all,

As I tried to 'justify' myself before: they are only cliffhangers because of the posting rules - in a proper book they are just an incentive not to put it down at the end of a chapter. Of course, the alternative explanation is that I am a little sadist; but nobody would believe that, would one?

JAR

• Like 1

Gary, I saw the comment where you wondered about the inner circle not being allowed to cum. Remember Brian's explanation: this is not something Colt demands, in fact I'm pretty sure he felt / feels a bit weird about it. According to Brian this is a wolf thing and hardwired into their genetic setup. None of the four were able to get hard and have sex or jerk off, before they met Colt. And I'm certain they do get (sexual) satisfaction from being with Colt, but it's just not evident as ejaculation. Sam said it very cutely after he lost his virginity - and I think they are all getting a pleasantly drunk buzz on Colt's wine scent.

In fact it's one of the things I like about Colt: he had a hard time accepting his role as Meta including the way the wolves expect him to act towards them sexually. Every now and then (in fact in almost every chapter) he has a moment of doubt or embarrassment, even when the wolves react positively to him being possessive or sexually demanding. Eg the way he goes all :*)  when the wolves brag or tease each other about being with Colt, it's so cute. And the way he gives sarcastic comments to himself shows me he is trying not to lose perspective but stay aware of the danger and duty of being Meta.

Tim...I really get all of this...I know the setup and I understand how it all is supposed to work. Frankly, though it is the author's premise and I personally don't get why it is set up that way and as I said to JAR... this is not a criticism. They are wolves but they are human too. It would appear that the only reason they have dicks is for urinating. These four young, healthy humans get their pleasure from pain and submission and Colt becomes more demanding, controlling and dominant with every chapter. These four are receptacles only, in the sexual parts of their lives so they may as well not have penis' or balls...they are really a harem of eunuchs who aren't even allowed to have body hair. I am not saying it is a wrong premise...just that it doesn't make a lot of sense to me except in a Sado/Masochist sense and even in that they would be able to come, at least occasionally. Are we supposed to believe that gay shifters can't cum but straight shifters can...that makes being gay an affliction in that case. So yeah, I find it somewhat twisted that these four(and potentially more) aren't allowed to cum, or shower together, and have to wear cages all the time and can only serve their master Colt sexually while he can do any of them he chooses. In the premise of this story...it would appear that Colt is the only one who is allowed to have a big dick. Much is made that the other four are undersized. Yet I do appreciate much of the story and I love the characters and the quality of the writing...and I don't expect anyone else to agree or even see my point. I just try very hard to ignore the inequities I see and feel from these books but to be very honest, the point may come where I decide it is not for me. As you know, Tim, I am not really keen on the idea of multiple partners anyway(when love is professed) so this is a real stretch for me to begin with...a further testament to how powerful much of the story is for me...Cheers buddy....Gary

• Like 1

Dear all,
From a 'meta' perspective (it had to come), I chose the set up to be as contrarian to the regular topoi in M/M shifter stories as possible. The alpha wolf is always dark, hairy (anyone? Wink), tall, super dominant, with a mega dick and an insatiable sexual appetite. He rescues/seduces/protects/fucks crazy the younger, smaller, blondish, more handsome human. And there is no complex story around it maybe except the struggles for the bottom boy to adapt to being the fuck toy or some outsider trying to harm him so the big wolf can express his possessiveness even more (damsel in distress theme). So I wanted to be as oppositional to this trope as possible.
The simple fact that it generates so many emotions (many more than Gary have expressed their 'difficulties' with it) shows how deeply ingrained that archetype of "the big dark guy being the man rescuing the smaller blonder boy" actually is. Which in turn leads to the stereotypical top/bottom expectations among gay men. I am sure that I won't be able to change such a universal societal archetype by myself but I'll have my sadistic pleasure screwing around with it in my stories (my book after the MetaWolf series will go even further putting into a different societal context).
JAR

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 2

Define a little.

But I'll keep the pointers they gave us about cliffies on the super secret author manual to myself for now.   :D

Carlos, please do share. I would love to avoid the wrath of all those hairy fat tops you'll be sending after me. ;-)

JAR

Edited by JohnAR

The fact that you do turn the whole stereotype upside down is one of the main attractions of this story, but mainly because you have such a clever explanation for the need of a meta in modern times. The incident in book one where Colt is insulted by a homophobe during class and Prime's instinct is to kick his ass, shows exactly why traditional Alphas need to be overruled by intelligent metas. (Hmm does that mean straight Alphas get female metas?)

And like you say, your story has complex issues where ALL the abilities of the pack are needed. Examples are Brian's ability to conduct research and dig up information and CE's knowledge of surveillance equipment and self-defense training (and how to nurture a potential enforcer). Even the wolf instinct to fight for your pack and protect the meta comes into focus when necessary. It's completely awesome.

• Like 1

1) Aren't you glad we have this forum and we can all discuss this shit together instead of a million private messages?

2) You obviously know where my preferences are, and I've beaten you up plenty about the hair and the lack of other play for the boys, so I feel like Gary often.

3) But YOU are the author, it is YOUR vision and it should be written YOUR way.

4) Knowing it's a long road ahead, however, those of us that have become attached to the boys will probably continue to offer suggestions.

5) You never know when one of us will come up with a good idea

Now, about those cliffies you bastard! :fight:

• Like 1