Home alone with a fever. The rest of the family out doing weekend stuff. Now I deserve me some wolves!

Just hope I'm not too confused or pissed off after reading. My fevered brain couldn't handle that today...

I think you'll be OK with this one. It's pretty much straight forward (if tense) - and only one small strange twist.

Oh and hope your fever is over soon.

Edited by Timothy M.

I read it now and yes, it was a good chapter for a slightly rotten day. At least the sun is out now.

I got kind of sad for Luke, but I understood it was his wish to die in a fight. He was dying regardless. I was surprised though when Prime asked him to yield. Would that even be possible?

Oh my god! You're going to kill Isaac! You bastard!

Screw you! I'm going home...

There is also a reason why book 5 is called MetaDeaths ... hint hint

JAR

Umm... I mean Al! Yes, that's it! Al! Omg, you're going to kill Al! I hate you! I mean it. I really do...

Seems you're not really sure who your favorite character is ... I might conduct a poll after book 4 to kill off everyone's favorite, thereby maximize ranting ;-) Unfortunately, it's already decided as book 5 and book 6 are close to completion ...

JAR

I read it now and yes, it was a good chapter for a slightly rotten day. At least the sun is out now.

I got kind of sad for Luke, but I understood it was his wish to die in a fight. He was dying regardless. I was surprised though when Prime asked him to yield. Would that even be possible?

Sorry about the fever. Happy to hear theories why Prime asked Luke to yield - so against wolf traditions.

But you shall not praise the day before you haven't read this weekend's prompt. Tim was disgusted  :P .

And on your review: now I know you are neither psychic nor do I have a Swedish virus on my laptop ;-).

JAR

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 2

I think you'll be OK with this one. It's pretty much straight forward (if tense) - and only one small strange twist.

Oh and hope your fever is over soon.

Tim,

what's the twist?

By the way: Tim's source of weekend disgust, MetaPrompt 408 "Back (MW/)" is online.

WARNING DO NOT read if you lean towards easy vomitting.

JAr

There is also a reason why book 5 is called MetaDeaths ... hint hint

JAR

Seems you're not really sure who your favorite character is ... I might conduct a poll after book 4 to kill off everyone's favorite, thereby maximize ranting ;-) Unfortunately, it's already decided as book 5 and book 6 are close to completion ...

JAR

Yes... it's very unclear who my favourite is. Complete darkness. You keep thinking that.

Tim,

what's the twist?

whether Prime was holding back intentionally or was kept off kilter by something else - and why the owl was the tricker releasing him. I know an owl has a special significance for Colt, but not why.

• Like 1

The owl is often a symbol of wisdom and also war (for instance Athena). A fitting animal for Colt. I personally thought the owl was Betsy, but she can't really shapeshift into anything. Or can she?

I thought a bit more about the yield request. Is that Colt's influence? Breaking with the ancient traditions, that are destructive and barbaric? Not being so Alpha?

Edited by Puppilull

I thought a bit more about the yield request. Is that Colt's influence? Breaking with the ancient traditions, that are destructive and barbaric? Not being so Alpha?

I'm guessing it's not Colt per se, but the fact this Alpha (and his pack) has a Meta.

That's what I meant. I apologise for the appalling lack of accuracy in my post. My lawyer soul is cringing. And, yes we do have souls. At least some of us.

We all have souls ... and some of us have it in the preferred color: pitch-black.  :whistle: JAR

• Like 1

You know that expression: be careful what you wish for?

Well, it just caught up with me and bit my butt. :pinch:

I asked JAR for ch 16 for edit, and he sent me 16 and 17.

Now I shall have nightmares all night. :o  :puke:

Black soul at its best ...

JAR

• Like 1

I'm thinking the marines want some nerds to join. I mean can you get more Dungeons and dragons then that?

From a cultural point of view the dragon stands for: 1) the drill instructor, 2) the enemy and 3) the enemy within (in Christianity it's sin and the archetypical warrior (white knight) needs to first defeat his own evil symbolized by killing the dragon a la St. George). So we cannot interpret this commercial literally. Other cultural/semiotic codes: the orphan in the beginning (door), the chosen one (sword pulling ala King Arthur), the testing of one's worth (Parzifal) and the ointment (knighting or transformation). It's deep!!!

As said: Colt would orgasm over this (and of course over the marine).

JAR

I know, but after LOTR swords, dragons and such only make me think of small men with furry feet... If I were to be tempted to join the military, I would be more inclined to do so if they used a bit more contemporary imagery. But then again, I'm probably not the intended goal for this commercial.