Mmmmh, may I point out that oranges are grown in California? and that I am giving my pack hunks fruity, not vegetable smells? Or will those hairy tops come after me again?

JAR

careful JAR - since some things we consider vegetables are actually fruits, botanically: eg cucumber and pumpkin. 

so it might be dangerous to start this discussion. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmm...... Pine Tree is a fruit? I thought that was a pineapple! Not sure where Hay fits in either!

They also grow oranges in Brasil! I think the recently overtook Florida as the number 1 producer in the world, we're still #1 in the US.

Florida weather is best from now until late April/early May. We have only 2 seasons: Wet/Hurricane and Dry/Paradise

• Like 1

Mountains with pine forests is Prime's dominant smell. His fruit smell is strawberry.

Bravo!!!!

Actually I have an excel sheet with all the current and future pack members including middle name, original pack, scents and some other info so I don't get confused myself ;-).

And Brian's corn/wheat/hay scent is the dominant one, his submissive one is cherry (and they do grow cherries in Utah, and they are a fruit).

And none of my wolves will smell of cucumber, tomato or pumpkin!

JAR

Gotta love those spreadsheets!

It's how I keep track of things also, even what never makes it into the story but helps me better define the characters and or action.

C

You're cheating. Mountains do not smell like anything, maybe dirt. PINE TREES smell like pine, not mountains! :P

• Like 1

Gotta love those spreadsheets!

It's how I keep track of things also, even what never makes it into the story but helps me better define the characters and or action.

C

You're cheating. Mountains do not smell like anything, maybe dirt. PINE TREES smell like pine, not mountains! :P

How would an inhabitant of Florida know how mountains smell? ;-) I think the highest elevation is 105m!

Now me on the other hand, having grown up in a very mountainous country, I beg to differ. Mountains DO smell. But in Prime's case it's the pine tree which are the dominant scent, so you are right. (Although I have to confess that I had fir trees in my mind (archetypical symbol of evergreen strength) when I started to shape the character but got the English words confused - shame on me.)

JAR

Edited by JohnAR

Although I have to confess that I had fir trees in my mind (archetypical symbol of evergreen strength) when I started to shape the character but got the English words confused - shame on me.

How could you make this mistake? Are you Danish?

the Danish word for pine (Pinus) is FYR which is quite similar to FIR

spruce (Picea) is GRAN

fir (Abies) is 'ædelgran' which means the noble spruce (not to be confused with noble fir, which is a specific fir species)

anyway, I like the idea of Pine forests - plus according to the official Montana.gov website the Montana state tree is the Ponderosa pine.

http://deq.mt.gov/ClimateChange/NaturalResources/Forestry/treeSpecies.mcpx

and there are four main pines species in the forests, and the only fir is Douglas fir (which is not a true fir). So your choice of pine forests for Prime was perfect.

• Like 1

How could you make this mistake? Are you Danish?

the Danish word for pine (Pinus) is FYR which is quite similar to FIR

spruce (Picea) is GRAN

fir (Abies) is 'ædelgran' which means the noble spruce (not to be confused with noble fir, which is a specific fir species)

anyway, I like the idea of Pine forests - plus according to the official Montana.gov website the Montana state tree is the Ponderosa pine.

http://deq.mt.gov/ClimateChange/NaturalResources/Forestry/treeSpecies.mcpx

and there are four main pines species in the forests, and the only fir is Douglas fir (which is not a true fir). So your choice of pine forests for Prime was perfect.

Tim

Wow, seems you just confirmed that I am great ... LOL.

No, I am not Danish. You don't have mountains either. Highest elevation: 171 m as far as I understand ;-).

Though I now need to visit Montana to check for strawberries.

JAR

Not sure about strawberries in Montana but if you come to Florida in March the Strawberry Festival in Plant City is great. Since we're so far south our strawberries are ready before the other states start to defrost LOL

And as for your question about mountains before... Last time I was on some of them was in July. Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado on a motorcycle trip. Highest elevation I was at = 3300m

I've been high up there a few times :lol:

OK so I want to comment about Colt saying that women are not as intelligent as men.

We have a guy in Denmark who has tried to claim the same thing - or maybe it's actually this 'research' Colt is referring to. As far as I recall he also 'showed' that immigrants with dark skin were less intelligent than people with white skin from Western civilizations.

Just in case you don't know, he has twice been charged of scientific malpractice, and while the board didn't exactly say that he had falsified data on purpose, the general consensus here is that he is not a proper scientist but someone who manipulates data to show what he wants to claim.

In any case, such matters are also dependent on the techniques used to measure intelligence. If they are developed by old, white, males (as is mostly the case) it's not surprising we score higher on the test compared to females or young non-white males.

I have a high regard for Colt's intelligence and I find his prejudices fun, but in this case I believe they are not founded on facts.

On the other hand, this part had me :rofl:   and  :thumbup:

"And I could go even further and stipulate that the transition of werewolves and vampires in popular culture from evil to sexually attractive and good, like in recent Hollywood shows and movies, is owed to the fact they are hyper-masculine symbols women can aspire to submitting to without questioning their status in real life. And this peaks in the fact that most M/M romance novels talking about hard men taking smaller, hairless, submissive men are written by women, to be read by women. Again, it is easier for them to accept their submissiveness projected on a male character, as that doesn’t question their own status. Now, I know ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ does away with that pretense, but exceptions confirm the rule."

I haven't read Fifty Shades and I'm never going to, but I thought Colt's analysis of the whole werewolf / vampire / gay sub attractiveness for female readers was cool and probably not far off. Though I think Rob Colton might object to being lumped together with women writers, LOL.

• Like 1

Never read Fifty Shades of Gray and have no desire to do so. If I want to deal with S&M activities I'll hit a leather bar or a sex club!

My characters end up being fairly equal both in and out of the sack. And most of them are beefy and hairy. Of course now and then a twink or a dom/sub pair has to show up just to keep the John's of the world happy LOL

• Like 1

I hate to admit it but haven't even thought about it. Been preoccupied with my own stuff lately. Tring to balance 2 series and 2 one shots plus outlining 2 other stories that could both turn into little series if they're well received.

Hell, I read half of the date between Eric and Nelson, got a phone call and still haven't gone back to it! :-(

Hell, I read half of the date between Eric and Nelson, got a phone call and still haven't gone back to it! :-(

well, it's mostly romantic stuff, so I guess you and JAR won't appreciate the next three chapters anyway. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.

Ouch! Give me ten days and then you decide if I like romantic stuff or not LOL

John posts today. So at lunch I'll finish Eric off and then tackle Meta and the boys. Too bad Eric and Nelson are underage. We could all meet for happy hour at Prime in Chelsea. I'm friends with  the owner-hot Italian stud-he'll buy us drinks all night long if I order him to.

Coffee, I need coffee!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't wanted to voice my opinion before but I think the hint may come out in the next chapter. Sooooooooooooooooooooo

Right now my guess is Betsy. And that would mean Colt is part vampire which will be interesting when he becomes the white wolf!

Yes, John, I was going to say tiger just to fuck with you but figured you're still jet lagged, yeah, jet lagged, that's it!

• Like 1

John-

'Normal' would be a wolf that does not try to look like a child or a woman by discarding all his body hair, 'Normal' would be a wolf that is able to stand on his own and make his own decisions without worrying about what his master would think."Normal' is a wolf who even though he's gay, is not automatically a bottom (once again emulating women as vessels for the semen of their betters. Need I go on?

Or are you saying that being gay automatically diminishes the wolf turning him into a second class citizen?

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1

John-

'Normal' would be a wolf that does not try to look like a child or a woman by discarding all his body hair, 'Normal' would be a wolf that is able to stand on his own and make his own decisions without worrying about what his master would think."Normal' is a wolf who even though he's gay, is not automatically a bottom (once again emulating women as vessels for the semen of their betters. Need I go on?

Or are you saying that being gay automatically diminishes the wolf turning him into a second class citizen?

Oh, that kind of normal.

I guess you will meet several of those in MetaShadowLands (MetaWolf 3)... although they have their own issues ;-)

JAR

PS Wouldn't Seb qualify for "normal?"

• Like 1

I thought we were talking about gay wolves. Isn't Seb a breeder?

Normal is such a bad word to use but unfortunately I can't think of a better one right now. I gave you MY definition of normal. The hair thing really bothers me. If you're naturally smooth, no problem, but if you shave your body stay the fuck away. And if you pluck your eyebrows you should be shot on sight, :P

• Like 1

I thought we were talking about gay wolves. Isn't Seb a breeder?

Normal is such a bad word to use but unfortunately I can't think of a better one right now. I gave you MY definition of normal. The hair thing really bothers me. If you're naturally smooth, no problem, but if you shave your body stay the fuck away. And if you pluck your eyebrows you should be shot on sight, :P

Mmmh, I guess I need to add a gay wolf, who is not part of the Inner Circle, somewhere ... I'll take the challenge ;-). Maybe in my brain "normal" and "gay" doesn't fit into the same sentence ...

JAR