Let ne give you an example: I have to younger brothers, both professionals, married, with kids. Aside from who we like to have sex with, we're pretty much the same. We've all pledged fraternities while in college, we've all done our share of drugs and partying together or with our own friends, we've shared season tickets to sports teams and gone on vacation,, fishing or cultural events together. And at any family gathering we'll be the ones doing shots of tequila together.

Once again, the only difference is I like dick. That doesn't make me better or worse than them. That's as close as i can come to describing my standard for normal.

• Like 1

Maybe in my brain "normal" and "gay" doesn't fit into the same sentence ...

JAR

And there it is! I am just surprised that you had the audacity to actually say it out loud...you say it in your story with how you portray these pathetic gay men who are totally emasculated...but to actually admit that that is how you see gay men...as not normal...so pisses me off! When, I first broached my feelings in your forum, about what I thought...your response was so much B S that I couldn't take it seriously...I saw through it then that there were issues....and unfortunately you just proved me right. I was disappointed a long time ago but this just doubled it.

I'll still wish you well, John..but you, nor anyone else will ever tell me that I am not normal because I am gay...

Edited by Headstall

John:

Re your reply to my review of the last chapter.

Colt may have had his reasons for doing something idiotic but I can only base my observations on his prior behavior and what you place in front of me to read. Based on those two items the man is a complete ass and deserves to have serious pain inflicted on him and maybe even killed. I don't care what he may have planned but the fact that the phones are not working should be a clue maybe he should rethink his plans. The reader has no any inkling that he may be actually thinking. It seems the opposite. He woke up late and rushed to get ready before heading to the party. Sounds like something he's done before. And if he's supposed to be so smart that intelligence is not apparent. How many times are you going to lead us through the same scenario? I've recently been getting hammered about being repetitive so maybe I'm a little more alert to it right now. We've been down this road with the nerd already. I'm starting to dislike him.

I HATE STUPID CHARACTERS! And sorry but right now Colt is looking real stupid.

John:

Re your reply to my review of the last chapter.

Colt may have had his reasons for doing something idiotic but I can only base my observations on his prior behavior and what you place in front of me to read. Based on those two items the man is a complete ass and deserves to have serious pain inflicted on him and maybe even killed. I don't care what he may have planned but the fact that the phones are not working should be a clue maybe he should rethink his plans. The reader has no any inkling that he may be actually thinking. It seems the opposite. He woke up late and rushed to get ready before heading to the party. Sounds like something he's done before. And if he's supposed to be so smart that intelligence is not apparent. How many times are you going to lead us through the same scenario? I've recently been getting hammered about being repetitive so maybe I'm a little more alert to it right now. We've been down this road with the nerd already. I'm starting to dislike him.

I HATE STUPID CHARACTERS! And sorry but right now Colt is looking real stupid.

Wow. Will you like me again if

a) I never ever do it again?

B) tell you that I actually do have a (hairy) vers gay character in book 4 (Max, enforcer in a German pack of mixed descent).

JAR

• Like 1

It's not that I don't like you... quite the opposite. I like the story so much I don't want you to take shortcuts and undermine its quality.

I tend to be brutally honest in my comments and have stopped reading stories before because I could not handle continued stupidity in characters. MetaWolf already has a strike against it because of the way you insinuate all gay characters are weaklings, if you add repetition of idiotic moves by the main character into the mix it just makes it worse.

You're a good enough writer that if you think things through you can find a way to get were you want to go without repeating yourself.

Now pick yourself up and get your shit together. You don't want Daddy to have to spank you again!

I'm also looking forward to the explanation of why Colt did what he did. (being in the house alone and going to the party without a body guard)

but it does comfort me that you let the story develop like that on purpose and had thought about it being uncharacteristic and 'stupid' - so at least it wasn't the author having a brain bleed. LOL Colt is so devious and clever, I can't figure him out at times. Wonder that his reason was.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • 2 months later...

I am touched that you guys worry about my sexual life ...

Nevertheless I need to confess the next steamy scenes will only happen in book 4: one with Isaac (my favorite scene), one with CE (naughty), one with a new enforcer (sweetly naughty) and then the night before a battle (VERY naughty).

I hope you'll follow me until then.

JAR

And here I was thinking they have quite a lot of sex. If there were long saucy scenes in every chapter, JAR would be up to book 40 before reaching the end. I'm not sure if I would make it... I do have a life. Really, I do.

• Like 2

Nevertheless I need to confess the next steamy scenes will only happen in book 4:

JAR

I'm suggesting a MAJOR rewrite.. Starting with the next chapter, and adding 1 sex scene per chapter. Each Scene... 5000 words will do!

• Like 1

I'm suggesting a MAJOR rewrite.. Starting with the next chapter, and adding 1 sex scene per chapter. Each Scene... 5000 words will do!

Well, Cris, if you write a review on every chapter of MetaShadowLands and MetaPrompts (and like it), I will write a steamy sex scene in the next prompt ... just for you ... and with the pairing of your choosing (well one of them has to be Colt for obvious reasons).

JAR

• Like 1

And here I was happy with a few references to my home town! I'm such an idiot...

I thought there was already too much sex in my stories keeping your from living your life ... but if you want I'll make you the same offer as Chris ;-).

JAR

(And now Tim will complain ;-))

• Like 1

I never said there was too much sex. Simply that sex in the quantity demanded would impede greatly on my everyday life. One steamy sex scene I think I could handle.

Why would Tim possibly complain about naughty scenes? I thought his motto was the more, the merrier?

• Like 1

Why would Tim possibly complain about naughty scenes? I thought his motto was the more, the merrier?

Because why didn't I get this offer?  :angry:  I may not have left reviews on every chapter, but I've edited them all.

However, my problem would be to decide which pairing I want. :lmao:  :unsure:

Colt and Brian? :*)

Colt with Isaac and Sam? :P

I'm hoping and expecting we'll get Colt with Leo at some point.   :glomp:

• Like 1

Well if we do this together, we'll get three yummy scenes! I was thinking Colt and Isaac, but I like your interpretation of pairing!

My lawyer brain is screaming "Just go back and write Great after every chapter!" and my integrity is like "You can't do that!"

Who will win?

• Like 1

Well if we do this together, we'll get three yummy scenes! I was thinking Colt and Isaac, but I like your interpretation of pairing!

My lawyer brain is screaming "Just go back and write Great after every chapter!" and my integrity is like "You can't do that!"

Who will win?

Mmmh. "Great" is not a review ... in the true sense of the word ... 

And Chris hadn't made his choice yet ... and he is first in line ...

What about all the wolves together?  :funny:

JAR

• Like 1

But that's where you're wrong. The aforementioned condition of a review cannot be deemed as something more specific than a request for some kind of evaluation of the chapters in question. Therefore Great will suffice.

Hmm... Unfortunately, I lack all forms of power to actually enforce this, so I guess you and my integrity win this one.

• Like 1

But that's where you're wrong. The aforementioned condition of a review cannot be deemed as something more specific than a request for some kind of evaluation of the chapters in question. Therefore Great will suffice.

Hmm... Unfortunately, I lack all forms of power to actually enforce this, so I guess you and my integrity win this one.

So what would be your pairing (you can wait until Book 4 chapter 2 when all the wolves of the inner Circle will be identified)?

JAR

And here I was happy with a few references to my home town! I'm such an idiot...

At least you get Stockholm mentioned several times, I'm still waiting for Copenhagen to appear. But it's a consolation Prime (and Seb) have Danish ancestors. :D

• Like 1