MetaWolf Series: Collection of all the Open Questions Raised and Requi

Dear all,

One of the reviews of chapter 7 of MetaOrigin (MetaWolf Book 2) suggested to collect all the open questions raised in the two books so far, to ensure the author (me) not only teases but also delivers by answering them eventually.

Please put any question raised so far here and I promise I will tell you (a ) whether I intend to answer it, (b ) roughly when, (c ) whether I think I have already answered it (;-)) and (d ) whether I will not answer it and let the reader guess.

Have fun,

J.A.R.

OK I'll start:

In ch 16 of Meta, Colt says to Prime: “Prime, let’s talk about something I’ve been thinking of lately …”
1) Did we ever learn what this was about? Or was it just to distract him from the restroom incident with Sam?

2) how could Prime’s wolf smell whether a man had had sex or not ? (This is a question Colt wants to ask, but never gets round to.)

3) what is going on with the weird dream ?

In MetaOrigins ch 3 there is this sentence:

The four men nodded at the lady and left quickly behind their fast walking Meta, who hoped that nobody had seen what he’d just done.

4) What did Colt do?

5) What’s with the bank account books Colt got from his old home?

6) What’s with the rogue Alpha who tried to rape Colt in high school? What happened?

7) Who did Prime’s mother say was Colt’s mom?

8) What was in her letter from Prime’s dad?

9) What was in Seb’s letter?

10) What happened between Zef and Prime?

11) Is the Dean Colt’s dad?

12) What has happened to the Shaman (Betsy)? And what is the other reason, they have to get back to her?

Edited by Timothy M.

OK I'll start:

In ch 16 of Meta, Colt says to Prime: “Prime, let’s talk about something I’ve been thinking of lately …”

1) Did we ever learn what this was about? Or was it just to distract him from the restroom incident with Sam?

2) how could Prime’s wolf smell whether a man had had sex or not ? (This is a question Colt wants to ask, but never gets round to.)

3) what is going on with the weird dream ?

In MetaOrigins ch 3 there is this sentence:

The four men nodded at the lady and left quickly behind their fast walking Meta, who hoped that nobody had seen what he’d just done.

4) What did Colt do?

5) What’s with the bank account books Colt got from his old home?

6) What’s with the rogue Alpha who tried to rape Colt in high school? What happened?

7) Who did Prime’s mother say was Colt’s mom?

8) What was in her letter from Prime’s dad?

9) What was in Seb’s letter?

10) What happened between Zef and Prime?

11) Is the Dean Colt’s dad?

12) What has happened to the Shaman (Betsy)? And what is the other reason, they have to get back to her

Tim,

Here are some first "answers" ;-)

(1) I leave that up to your imagination. The intent was only to get Prime off his possessiveness trip

(2) He can. Wolves can. They can smell even arousal, so surely also a recent orgasm, or the smell of another person on the person. Sex changes body chemistry.

(3) Will be resolved in book2 (already written)

(4) Will be resolved in book2 (already written)

(5) Should be resolved in book7 (planned)

(6) Will be elaborated on in book5 (already written)

(7) Will be resolved in book2 (already written)

(8) + (9) I leave to your imagination, so far no plans to write about it (but as I still have at least 2.5 books to go, I might change my mind just to throw you off)

(10) Will be revealed in book 4 (already written)

(11) Who Colt's dad is will be revealed in book7 (planned), but you will get some info in book2 (already written)

(12) Partly revealed in book2 (already written), you'll meet her again in book3 still scheming (already written)

J.A.R Looking forward to more questions ;-)

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

Chapter 8

Why does the Dean want Colt dead but only after graduation?

Did Zeff remove items from the office of Mr Loope after his death?

Where's the Shaman?

What did Colt overlook that gave him a nagging feeling?

Who's Stiller?

• Like 1

Carlos

(13) Are you sure the dean wants Colt dead? If yes, I think they "negotiated" some truce at the end of Meta ...

(14) I don't know. So far I haven't planned to answer that question (although there is one part in book 5 where this might come up again). You'll meet Zef btw in book4 again.

(15) Good question. Can't tell (spoiler). You'll meet her briefly again in book3 - scheming.

(16) I think he always has that nagging feeling (INTJ issue), which scene are you referring to in specific?

(17) A former general running for the Californian senate I think ;-)

Any more?

J.A.R.

• Like 1

13 - Did I get the wrong POV? Didn't the Dean tell the Professor to tell MaryAnn that the boy was to remain safe but that after he graduated then he was fair game?

16 - Damn I'm slow! OK I think I now 'get it' or should I say 'get them'? You're turning me into a paranoid bitch!

I really need to go back and slowly read books 1 and 2 again. May be missing certain nuances in my haste to find out what kind of paranoid, painful stuff you dished up. :rolleyes:

Carlos,

(13) I would say the dean doesn't want him dead, but does understand that he is "fair game" for the vampires" afterwards. If it happens before all his dirty deals with vampires would be exposed - as threatened by Colt in Meta.

(16) Yes, normally every chapter has something hidden which will be revealed later. Actually Gary and Tim are normally very good at spotting them (without knowing the full implications of course  :devil: ).

... I am surprised that nobody has asked sofar (a) what the prophecy is, (b ) why the wolves still keep growing, and (c ) why there hasn't been a concerted effort to kill that "muttfucker" Colt ;-). I guess the chastity thing has lost its shock effect by now  0:) .

J.A.R.

Edited by JohnAR

You and i need to talk...... i really think you need to sign me on as a Beta Reader. I promise to catch typos and continuity issues.

Hell, Louis already approved me to be an official Beta around GA !

You can send me 3 or 4 chapters ahead and I'll be happy to read them for you!

• Like 1

Not really an unanswered question, but a more generic/specific question

Colt couldn't smell Seb, so doesn't see him as a potential pack member, but could that be because Seb isn't of legal age yet?

Would it make sense that underage Wolves can't emit the smell/pheromones?

Cris

(17) I am not sure scent complies to age-of-consent laws ;-). In my pov Colt can only smell wolves in his Inner Circle, or wolves supposed to join the Inner Circle. As he isn't a wolf shifter himself, he cannot smell any other wolves. Question, though, is why he can smell vampires ...

J.A.R.

Edited by JohnAR

Seems somebody is looking over my shoulders ;-) as I am writing those scenes right now for book 5.

(18) - (20) will be answered in chapters 1 - 6 of book 5. And (18) gets a repeat in book 7.

On (19) specifically: birthdays tend to come with candles, don't they? ;-)

JAR

Btw what do you think about Carlos suggestion that I need a beta reader to ensure continuity? ;-)

Edited by JohnAR

Legal age varies depending on what we talk about, mostly 18 but 21 for alcohol consumption. Stupid but true.

Age of consent is 16 in most of the US..... Some say it's 8 in West Virginia but I think that's just a rumor.

Thanks for the legal clarification ;-). So: Colt won't smell Seb because he isn't supposed to be part of the Inner Circle. But I can reassure everyone Seb will reappear frequently AND breed pups. Which will bring some complications we can read about in book 3 and 4.

JAR

• Like 1

I do think you need a beta reader to fix the spelling and grammar errors...

nope that's the editor's job - who by the way is me. (is I?) :lol:

I do my very best, but I know I still miss some (I keep sending John little extra corrections when the chapters post :*) ). A beta reader needs to pay more attention to the content, but can also point out mistakes in grammar and spelling.

Oh and I don't do commas, so I take no responsibility for those.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

I agree with Tim

My writing will go through several self edits and at least two reads by my editor and we both still miss things now and then. But the typos and grammar are secondary for a Beta reader.

Continuity, character stability and general story sensibilities are the primary goals.

Does the chapter make sense and does it follow prior ones correctly.

Sometimes a Beta can also clear up questions such s the little legal stuff I posted before about age of consent vs legal age.

• Like 2

Wow,

I am barely traveling for 4 hours and I see threats of spankings, insinuations that my characters are not stable (I mean stable vampires, hello???) and that my editor has a hate relationship with commas. What's next? Carlos sending me picture of hairy men? (Oh, that just happened ;-).

JAR

(from Paris)

PS I thought this was the questions forum ...

• Like 1