Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

So what? There's a friggin time limit to edit your own discussion posts?! That's just insane.

I mentioned Greg's brothers and sisters, and the next oldest (at 16) is going to make a very brief appearance in Chapter 28, but I can't go back and add him to the Descriptions in that post?

Yep, you have about a week or so, and then it's locked.

But simply copy the post and add Jeff, it's also convenient for us not having to go back and find it.

• Like 1

Hm, I made it easy for you readers by linking it on the front page of the story, along with one for this group, maps of the school, Jay and Mikey's houses, and the Description post. So you guys just click on the chapter link, and don't visit the front anymore?  :(

Edited by ColumbusGuy

Hm, I made it easy for you readers by linking it on the front page of the story, along with one for this group, maps of the school, Jay and Mikey's houses, and the Description post. So you guys just click on the chapter linnk, and don't visit the front anymore?  :(

that's right, I go directly to the chapter from my notifications or the new story list.

But now I checked out the list, that's clever for new readers. But just make a new description post and link to that instead.

Edited by Timothy M.

Maybe it's time to refresh our memories with some details?

Miles Stevenson: 17, 6'2" dark-brown wavy med. hair, hazel-brown eyes, glasses, lightly muscled, good legs. Shy, pale. Lonely.
Jay Beckel: 17, 5'8", golden-blond med. wavy hair, cornflower eyes, delicate features, pert nose.  farm muscles. Open, caring and friendly.

Jay's Family:

Jerry Beckel: white-blond, blue eyes, muscular, 20, 6'2", tanned, friendly but quiet.
Linda Beckel: honey-blonde, brown eyes, delicate face. 18, 5'11", average build. Self-absorbed, smart.  

Dirck Beckel: 46, whitish-blond, brown eyes, 6'3", broad, muscular, tanned. Prankster. Fair.
Rosalie Beckel: 44, golden-blonde, blue eyes, 5'7", rundig, but not fat. Caring and compassionate.

Miles' Family:

Anne Stevenson: M's mom, store clerk, 44, 5'10", plump, black hair, brown eyes.
Henry Stevenson: M's dad, dairy driver, 6'4", fit, 56, greyish hair, blue eyes, tan.                                   

At School
Greg 'Kurt' Newton: 17, 6', tawny-red hair, blue eyes, freckles, average build. Quiet, but not shy. Gaydar proficient.

Jefferson Davis Newton: Greg's brother, 16, 6'3, wiry build, light brownish-red hair, green eyes, into basketball, a sophomore.

Jackson 'Lee' Newton: Greg's other brother, 14, 5'8, strawberry-blond hair, hazel eyes, thin, glasses. 8th Grader. A little hyper.

Denny Watson: 17, 5'11, sandy-brown curly hair, grey eyes, runner, a bit shy, big ears.
Ben Ross: 17, 6'2, 210 lbs, black hair, green eyes, all muscle. Wrestler.

Calvin Schuyler: 17, 5'10", 175 lbs., long blond hair, green eyes, nice muscles, loner.                             

At OSU
Dave Mendoza: 18, 5'10", black hair, brown eyes, Miwok Indian, medium build. OSU, Redwood City, CA-Everest Public High
Trebor Maciver: 18, 6', red hair, freckles, grey eyes, medium build, OSU, Redwood City, CA-Summit Prep.

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 1

Chapter 28 is at 4015 words, starting the second POV. Gary liked it so far...but then, he's my beta. :X

I liked it because it was good... not because I'm your beta... I always tell you if I don't like something... we're a good team, Buddy! It's especially good for me because you do all the work :P

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 3

Chapter 28 is up-wasn't expecting a reply until morning, but G-Man was on the ball. No further axing required, but he says he was tired, so the chopper might make a later visit. :)

No chopper, Buddy. Just pride in my friend who keeps turning out these wonderful, touching chapters of young love in the time period I grew up in. Once again, you did good, CG... damn good... xo

• Like 1

Oohh, baseball! Dang you hit one of my favorite fantasies--the knickers, long socks and just the right amount of muscles...toss in red hair, and a light sheen of sweat on the chest, and I'm in!

Get control of yourself, Buddy :P

• Like 1

Oohh, baseball! Dang you hit one of my favorite fantasies--the knickers, long socks and just the right amount of muscles...toss in red hair, and a light sheen of sweat on the chest, and I'm in!

Well I know Eagle is a brunette but I'm sure he has a ginger on his team :P

• Like 1

Okay...I'm calmer now...yeah. Dang, in J/M it's mid April, baseball season at the high school! Why can't Jay or Greg be interested in it--or any sport? Maybe Denny will talk Greg into one?

In 29, we get to find out Jay's 'secret', and what Denny's car was doing there--okay, the other guys find out since we already know. :)  There is another surprise which I haven't hinted at, but will come to light this chapter also.

Any suggestions for a title?

Okay...I'm calmer now...yeah. Dang, in J/M it's mid April, baseball season at the high school! Why can't Jay or Greg be interested in it--or any sport? Maybe Denny will talk Greg into one?

In 29, we get to find out Jay's 'secret', and what Denny's car was doing there--okay, the other guys find out since we already know. :)  There is another surprise which I haven't hinted at, but will come to light this chapter also.

Any suggestions for a title?

'Answers'

'Questions and Answers'

Edited by Headstall

Get control of yourself, Buddy :P

Well I know Eagle is a brunette but I'm sure he has a ginger on his team :P

lol there is a redhead on my team. He's only about 22 so he may be a little young for you but he's a cute kid :P

Maybe he has a ginger in his bed ? :o :o :P

A gingerale maybe :rolleyes:

Really Lit? :rolleyes: at least Gary has some faith in me

• Like 1

lol there is a redhead on my team. He's only about 22 so he may be a little young for you but he's a cute kid :P

Really Lit? :rolleyes: at least Gary has some faith in me

I will always have faith in you, buddy :yes:

Drat, while 22 makes it legal, it just wouldn't feel right--okay, it would feel awesome--but the unease of the age difference would ruin it rather quickly for me. Thirty five years is a bit much.  :)

Such great suggestions for a title...now I'm gonna have a tough choice...Quality Time might have its chance, but Answers...dang that is so tempting!

Just started the chapter, only three sentences in, about 50 words, and I'm beset with doubts that it's already sounding too saccharine. OH--POV for this first part is our favorite farm boy, Jay.

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 1

Drat, while 22 makes it legal, it just wouldn't feel right--okay, it would feel awesome--but the unease of the age difference would ruin it rather quickly for me. Thirty five years is a bit much.  :)

Such great suggestions for a title...now I'm gonna have a tough choice...Quality Time might have its chance, but Answers...dang that is so tempting!

Just started the chapter, only three sentences in, about 50 words, and I'm beset with doubts that it's already sounding too saccharine. OH--POV for this first part is our favorite farm boy, Jay.

It'll be nice to have Jay's POV again. Decide on the title when you're farther along, Buddy...

• Like 1