Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

I hope you like the way I described the holiday tradition, Tim. It's going to be great when I post Mikey getting them!

Gotta warn you, the chapter's a bit sappy.

We can all use a little sappy once in a while CG

Started Chapter 30--only 500 words so far. Current POV is Greg.

Title suggestions? Oh wait--'Quality Time' is still unused...that might work. :)

Got about 18 people from Nifty who have given me feedback on the story, many of them have come to GA to see what's not there yet. All of the comments are positive, so maybe I'm doing something good. The biggest surprise has been that several of them recognize the locale.

Had one request for a shower scene--the guy wasn't sure he could make a request, but I said it was fine, and it wouldn't be like the one in Psycho. :)  Damn, now I can just see Jay pulling a stunt like that!

Started Chapter 30--only 500 words so far. Current POV is Greg.

Title suggestions? Oh wait--'Quality Time' is still unused...that might work. :)

Got about 18 people from Nifty who have given me feedback on the story, many of them have come to GA to see what's not there yet. All of the comments are positive, so maybe I'm doing something good. The biggest surprise has been that several of them recognize the locale.

Had one request for a shower scene--the guy wasn't sure he could make a request, but I said it was fine, and it wouldn't be like the one in Psycho. :)  Damn, now I can just see Jay pulling a stunt like that!

I'm not surprised at the reception on Nifty... I haven't started yet... still a little messed up and out of sorts... the guy who delivered my hay today almost backed up over Mal's grave when he was maneuvering his tractor around, while putting the large square bales in my barn, and I kind of freaked out. He had no idea what was going on... anyway, just sitting here trying to start...

Out in the country, we had a corner of our back yard just for pets--it was behind our swings closer to the field behind us. In town, my cats (3) rest by the back wall near the alley, close by a rose of sharon bush...each has a little tile over the spot so I don't dig there. My last loss, Chula is in a small box on the mantle since she was cremated--amazing how little space a cat will occupy compared to that in your heart.

• Like 1

Usually I get my hay, two large bales at a time, but now I have to get 30 at a time, and they are huge. I should have told the guy it was there, but I didn't think he would go anywhere near it. There are three small rose bushes behind it, but he didn't notice them either... anyway, I stopped him in time. I've got 300 words so far... life goes on...

• Like 1

And I can see Mickey freaking out in a major way. Don't you dare do that to the poor boy ! :angry:

but it would be fun to do it to Linda :evil::rofl:

• Like 2

Oh man, Tim...that's just so evil! That is going to float around in my head for a long time, begging to come out onscreen. I wonder if Jay is too scared of his sister to do it?

The more the merrier Eagle!

Back to Chapter 30.

• Like 1

I'm so happy you could join us at last!!  My poor little discussion group isn't as full as others, but we are all friendly, and joke around. We even talk about the story sometimes--so jump in with any ideas, thoughts or suggestions.

Headstall--Gary--is my beta reader since chapter 10, so any mistakes you find are my fault, not his.  He has a very sharp axe to keep my story on track. :)  Actually, his grasp of the story is almost like mine, so most of what he finds is little grammar things I miss.

Tim is my Danish source, and Eagle is a friend from other forums we read at together, as is LitLover. I am grateful to all of them not only for reading my story, but for being friends...now you're stuck in our little family, so you say whatever comes to mind!

Oh, if you look back, you will find pics of what people think the guys look like based on the descriptions posted a few posts back--the link for it specifically, along with maps are on the front page of the story.

• Like 1

I'm so happy you could join us at last!!  My poor little discussion group isn't as full as others, but we are all friendly, and joke around. We even talk about the story sometimes--so jump in with any ideas, thoughts or suggestions.

Headstall--Gary--is my beta reader since chapter 10, so any mistakes you find are my fault, not his.  He has a very sharp axe to keep my story on track. :)  Actually, his grasp of the story is almost like mine, so most of what he finds is little grammar things I miss.

Tim is my Danish source, and Eagle is a friend from other forums we read at together, as is LitLover. I am grateful to all of them not only for reading my story, but for being friends...now you're stuck in our little family, so you say whatever comes to mind!

Oh, if you look back, you will find pics of what people think the guys look like based on the descriptions posted a few posts back--the link for it specifically, along with maps are on the front page of the story.

I'd rather you said I have a 'big' axe :thumbup:

• Like 2

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I did look at the pics of what u all thought the guys might look like. They were all great looking and a couple actually looked a bit like how I imagined them.

• Like 2

Man, I keep dredging cars up from my past to use--at least these two are different models from the ones we had! Greg's dad has a 68 Caprice 2-door, and his mom has a 61 Rambler station wagon.  My types were a 4-door Caprice and I think a Ford wagon in tan and white from around 63...but we did have a Nash Rambler sedan that was green...I think from the 40s since I remember climbing onto the hood and playing with the wipers on the split windshield. We must have gone through cars a fair amount, because I also remember a huge Caddy I tried to drive once at 16, and a Chevy Impala convertible, and an El Camino truck thing. Already mentioned the Mustang and Suburban in the story, which we had around 1976. can't forget the 15 foot boat.

I'm just amazed what we had back then on a two salary income...of course, I think my dad's mortgage was about $100 a month on our ranch.

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 1

Sorry it's taking a while, but Chapter 30 is at 2200 words, and seems to be going well. With any luck it will be in Gary's hot little hands in a couple days.

yay ! seems we're on a roll CG. :D I'm doing OK with my next Rob chapter too. But I'm impressed you can keep juggling all those characters and make the POV shifts work so well.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm not sure how, what with reading things my friends posted in the last 24 hours, but Chapter 30 has grown to almost 4,000 words, so I'm hoping to get it to Gary later today, after I nap and write some more.

I'm tempted to stick with Greg and Denny, so that Jay and Miles can have a private moment after their celebration...what do you guys think?

I'll have to get Gary's thoughts on a title too, Quality Time might still fit.

• Like 2