Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

I'll see what's left of it, and post. :)

Want to read something else I'm working on...a sort-of prompt, but it's not JM--it's an idea I've had in my head for years, and I'm seeing if it works as shorts rather than a novel. I'm mainly seeing if I can still do short pieces. :) First part is called Fragment One.

• Like 1

I'll see what's left of it, and post. :)

Want to read something else I'm working on...a sort-of prompt, but it's not JM--it's an idea I've had in my head for years, and I'm seeing if it works as shorts rather than a novel. I'm mainly seeing if I can still do short pieces. :) First part is called Fragment One.

If you're asking me if I want to read 'Fragment One'... Sure! There was no question mark, so I was confused. And, hey! I didn't chop anything... just suggested adding a few words :P

• Like 2

Chapter 35 is started--900 words so far in just about a half hour. Going good so far. Not sure of all the details, two POV's for sure, which means two scenes. First POV is Jay's, the second could be Cal or Benny, not sure yet.

• Like 1

Sigh.

Just spent over an hour going through Tim's pm Chapter help looking for a link he sent me so I could have names for Jay's grandparents and aunts and uncles. I thought the names were lost with my recent computer idiocy, since a file I thought they were in was gone...turns out they weren't in that one, but one describing the characters--which I just checked, and there they were. AFTER I spent that time loooking for the link, I'd just found it and then decided to check my story notes. :)

I could have been writing! The truly stupid thing now? I can't remember why I wanted those names just now.

• Like 1

Sigh.

Just spent over an hour going through Tim's pm Chapter help looking for a link he sent me so I could have names for Jay's grandparents and aunts and uncles. I thought the names were lost with my recent computer idiocy, since a file I thought they were in was gone...turns out they weren't in that one, but one describing the characters--which I just checked, and there they were. AFTER I spent that time loooking for the link, I'd just found it and then decided to check my story notes. :)

I could have been writing! The truly stupid thing now? I can't remember why I wanted those names just now.

aww, CG, that's utterly frustrating. :facepalm: I hope the purpose comes back to you. But at least you've written something. I can't even get reviews done, I'm so busy and behind with other stuff. :no:

• Like 1

Well, I  can't claim much, I've only added 50 words to 35 since Gary sent it back. :) I'm hoping to make up for lost time.

When you get caught up, the boys will yell at you to tell their story some more, if they aren't already. :)

Just sent Gary Chapter 35...it turned out longer than I thought, at 9100 words, but the guys just wanted to keep going. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not.

Wield your awesome tool, G-Man!

You and your boys haven't disappointed yet,CG.  I'm sure we will love it.  

• Like 1

Just sent Gary Chapter 35...it turned out longer than I thought, at 9100 words, but the guys just wanted to keep going. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not.

Wield your awesome tool, G-Man!

It's all done, and back to you, buddy, with one title suggestion in a followup email. Excellent chapter as usual... cheers... I'm done for the night...

• Like 1

Just got this from a Nifty reader--keeps me going! I have a lot of great people on board, and am grateful to every one of you for letting me be a part of your lives in a small way.

I found your story about a month ago (being fairly new to Nifty) and have enjoyed moving through 35 chapters of utterly entertaining and heartwarming characters.  You have an excellent grasp of nice people who are solid, caring, and trembling on the edge of adulthood.  Each time you have added onto the storyline by bringing together a new "pair," my happiness has increased as well as my commitment to celebrating their wellbeing.  Jay and Miles, almost from the start, has joined my elite group of stories that are bold-titled in the list of Nifty offerings -- meaning that I am compelled to read new chapters as soon as they appear (now that I am caught up!).  There are only about a dozen stories among all the Nifty offerings which qualify in this regard.

Keep it up and keep them coming.
  • Like 5

Just got this from a Nifty reader--keeps me going! I have a lot of great people on board, and am grateful to every one of you for letting me be a part of your lives in a small way.

I found your story about a month ago (being fairly new to Nifty) and have enjoyed moving through 35 chapters of utterly entertaining and heartwarming characters.  You have an excellent grasp of nice people who are solid, caring, and trembling on the edge of adulthood.  Each time you have added onto the storyline by bringing together a new "pair," my happiness has increased as well as my commitment to celebrating their wellbeing.  Jay and Miles, almost from the start, has joined my elite group of stories that are bold-titled in the list of Nifty offerings -- meaning that I am compelled to read new chapters as soon as they appear (now that I am caught up!).  There are only about a dozen stories among all the Nifty offerings which qualify in this regard.

Keep it up and keep them coming.

This guy is smart, and discerning... makes me happy too, buddy... you deserve this xo

• Like 2

Finally up to date with this story and I'm also captured by it. Well done CG it gets better and beter. I loved it when they were milking the cows in the last chapter. Well written and there is a good feel to whole story that makes me want to keep reading.

• Like 4

Thanks a lot guys, you're all my incentive to keep going. The thing about Nifty is that there isno way to leave feedback other than to email the author, so the fact that I have had many positive ones is great--with no way to track readers there, the fact that I have more than thirty different people urging me on is amazing--and many of them send notes after almost every chapter.

Started Chapter 36 last night, only 610 words before I went to sleep, but it's a start!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys, you're all my incentive to keep going. The thing about Nifty is that there isno way to leave feedback other than to email the author, so the fact that I have had many positive ones is great--with no way to track readers there, the fact that I have more than thirty different people urging me on is amazing--and many of them send notes after almost every chapter.

Started Chapter 36 last night, only 610 words before I went to sleep, but it's a start!

I'm sure as an author it must be reaffirming to have that kind of feedback. You deserve it. The story is fantastic

• Like 1

I checked my gmail inbox just now, and found another two notes from the above reader. The second made me laugh as it reminds me of things I tease AC about.

BTW, Jay and Miles is currently rated at two sniffles per page -- one of the highest teardrop production ratings of any Nifty story I follow.

Two other great notes today, so something is working out. :) One lamented the fact that he now had a dilemma: read the chapter now, or wait until a couple are up so he can spend the entire evening with it...so far he hasn't been able to wait.

I checked my gmail inbox just now, and found another two notes from the above reader. The second made me laugh as it reminds me of things I tease AC about.

BTW, Jay and Miles is currently rated at two sniffles per page -- one of the highest teardrop production ratings of any Nifty story I follow.

Two other great notes today, so something is working out. :) One lamented the fact that he now had a dilemma: read the chapter now, or wait until a couple are up so he can spend the entire evening with it...so far he hasn't been able to wait.

Not being able to wait to read a chapter is a huge compliment!  :)

• Like 1

That's so true, Lit, but I never thought it would apply to my stories. :) There are ones here I go to right away, but some of those have been waiting a good while for new chapters, so my task is getting easier. There are some I'm tempted to read that show up in the queue as 'chapter XX' but with titles I've never seen in the queue before, so that puts me off  thinking the authors aren't much into writing them anymore...so I'd be waiting endlessly once I got caught up.

I've got several 'vanishing authors' in my list, so those are enough stress for me without adding more. :)