Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Brought over from the CoTT Forum where these posts are already lost more than ten pages back.

Thanks for the update Gary. Please tell him my prayers and best healing wishes are with him always :heart:

That's good news Gary.  Keep sending my love along with all the rest!

Seems like I'm repeating myself, but thanks for the update Gary. They are always appreciated. *hugz* to CG. 

Thanks Gary.. My love, hugs and continued best wishes for CG.. 

Oh.. Lovely Tim... Will head over to CG's forum to give it its due!  

• Like 2

CG update...

I talked to Marlin today (for 98 minutes... yikes), and there has been a little improvement. He had an appointment with the doctor, who said there could be improvement for years to come... he can't distinguish color at all, and that may never come back, or it might. He can make out part of his legs now when he is exercising, and he couldn't before, so that seems like reason for optimism. As of now, he is scheduled for release on Feb 16, although his next appointment is on the 17th, which makes no sense. Their major concern seems to be that he knows how to use the white cane. I encouraged him to pester them to stay till he sees the doctor, and apparently the in house doctor agrees, and will be suggesting he stay the extra day. I read him all the messages everyone posted, as well as the poem from tim (and the contribution from AC), which he absolutely loved!! He sends his love and thanks to everyone. Although he may return home, it is unlikely he'll be able to get online, so we'll have to be patient while arrangements can be made. He was upbeat today, and we really enjoyed our conversation... that's all there is to tell for now... I will be calling him next week, and will keep you posted on any progress... Gary

• Like 5

CG update...

I talked to Marlin today (for 98 minutes... yikes), and there has been a little improvement. He had an appointment with the doctor, who said there could be improvement for years to come... he can't distinguish color at all, and that may never come back, or it might. He can make out part of his legs now when he is exercising, and he couldn't before, so that seems like reason for optimism. As of now, he is scheduled for release on Feb 16, although his next appointment is on the 17th, which makes no sense. Their major concern seems to be that he knows how to use the white cane. I encouraged him to pester them to stay till he sees the doctor, and apparently the in house doctor agrees, and will be suggesting he stay the extra day. I read him all the messages everyone posted, as well as the poem from tim (and the contribution from AC), which he absolutely loved!! He sends his love and thanks to everyone. Although he may return home, it is unlikely he'll be able to get online, so we'll have to be patient while arrangements can be made. He was upbeat today, and we really enjoyed our conversation... that's all there is to tell for now... I will be calling him next week, and will keep you posted on any progress... Gary

Thank you for the update,Gary.  It sounds like there is some cause for hope, and that's good.  Sending CG a big cyberhug :hug: and my best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

:thankyou: Gary, it's good to hear news of our friend. I'm glad he knows we think of him and miss him.

Oh, and the ususal CotT post collection ;)

Thank you for the update, Gary.  Sending CG a big cyberhug :hug:

Thanks for sharing the poem Gary!.

I'm glad there been improvment. We have 3 blind people at work. 2 who work in customer service on the phones so are online and another, who i dont know. I just see her around and she has a beautiful standard poodle as her seeing eye dog. I bet he's a brilliant seeing eye dog..poodles are soo bright. 

But I'm glad CG has improved and is feeling positive. It's great news.

Thanks Gary, pass on my continued best wishes please. 

Love to hear that CG is doing better.. Thanks Gary.. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Gary, that's wonderful to hear. Hopefully, his sight will continue to improve enough for him to manage on his own at home.

I'm grateful you told CG about the Valentine story (even if you called Solomon Simon, lol). :kiss:

Sorry, I told him Solomon... I just typed it wrong on the message... not sure where Simon came from... oh, maybe Adi's story...

• Like 3

And another batch of greetings from the CotT forum.

:D :D :D

What Drew said!   Continue to send our love!

Now - all we need is an update on Victor.

That's great news :) please pass on my best wishes and hopes for more improvement soon for him.

That's terrific news!! Hope he keeps improving and well his attitude sounds wonderful. Good for him!! Glad he's still plotting his story. I think it's great!!

:)  :)  :)  :)  :) Fantastic news Gary!

Great news! This makes me happy.. 

That's wonderful news!  I was just thinking about him, so I'm glad he's making some progress.  

• Like 5

Hi so this may seem strange but I was wondering if you know any personal information about one of the boys you posted a picture of on this page. I'm not trying to do anything crazy, I just legit want to tell the guy he's the most beautiful person I've ever seen. A name or age or even just where you got the picture in the first place would be great. If you could email me at songpassione@gmail.com I would appreciate it very much :) This is the url for the picture: http://s9.favim.com/orig/131025/blonde-blue-eyes-boy-hair-Favim.com-1014737.jpg 

CG update:

I talked to CG today, and while he is in reasonable spirits, his vision is blurrier than it was a few days ago. He asked the resident doctor to contact his surgeon, but she has not gotten back to him. He is going to ask the doctor to try again today. He is still scheduled to go home on Friday, so it would be good if he could see her before he leaves. His friend, Derrick is flying in on May 6 to help him buy a new computer and set him up with writing programs for the un-sighted, so hopefully we will hear from him on this site soon... that's it for now... I will call him at home in a few days... Gary...

Aw, it's hard when things regress. Hang in CG!! 

I think i mentioned before that we have blind people at work who are on the phones, but they need to enter info on the computer. They use a program called JAWS for Windows... so CG will probably using something like that. If you want to learn more about this program click here.

• Like 1

CG update:

I talked to CG today, and while he is in reasonable spirits, his vision is blurrier than it was a few days ago. He asked the resident doctor to contact his surgeon, but she has not gotten back to him. He is going to ask the doctor to try again today. He is still scheduled to go home on Friday, so it would be good if he could see her before he leaves. His friend, Derrick is flying in on May 6 to help him buy a new computer and set him up with writing programs for the un-sighted, so hopefully we will hear from him on this site soon... that's it for now... I will call him at home in a few days... Gary...

Great news Gary - Please send my best wishes :heart:

• Site Moderator

CG update:

Thanks for the update Gary. I hope this setback is only temporary and I've got my fingers crossed that it will right itself and improvement will come once again.

All the best to you CG. :hug::kiss:

Edited by Reader1810

CG update:

Thanks Gary as always... 

Keep hanging in there CG..  Sending you positive thoughts always..  :kiss:  :heart:

Edited by Defiance19

CG update:

Great news! :D I'm sending CG a big :hug:

He is still scheduled to go home on Friday, so it would be good if he could see her before he leaves.

His friend, Derrick is flying in on May 6 to help him buy a new computer

Gary, do you know whether CG has left the hospital and is at home ? And did you mean March 6th rather than May ?

CG update...

I talked to Marlin for over an hour... shorter than last time lol, and he's at home now, and slowly getting used to moving around in it. Some things have been moved because of some work he had done. He had a small issue with his blood sugar but that is being sorted... he took my lecture very well, and he promises to stay on top of things... I told him it was not just important to him, but to all of us who want him back here... he thanks us all for caring so much... he did see a colleague of his doctor's before he returned home on Friday, and his distance vision has improved a wee bit... pressure is up in his eyeball, but the doc says that's okay. If he gets really close to the tv screen, he can make out the guide which is awesome, and when he watches the tv he can make out figures if it is in color... all in all, he's doing well. He wants to try the computer just to find out, but he agrees with me that he should be patient, and wait till his friend Derrick gets there next Saturday to set it up for him. They are going to shop for a new computer for him, and set him up with some non-sighted programs next week... That's all for now... I told him we all care very much and send our love and he did the same to us... he is very appreciative that we care.... cheers... I'll talk to him next week and keep everyone posted...

Gary, do you know whether CG has left the hospital and is at home ? And did you mean March 6th rather than May ?

Hey, tim, sorry I didn't see this... above is the answer to your questions :boy:

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 3