Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

<Big sigh>  I edited the first part of CG's new chapter... because of difficulties with CG's sight, I am just going ahead and making the changes I see fit. It's a huge responsibility, but as Marlin says... he always uses my suggestions anyway. I am surprised he's able to do what he can with the software... what he sent me wasn't much different from normal... I am so freaking happy for him... I'm kind of emotional right now... we have our CG back, and soon he will post, and hopefully, soon he will visit... I am trying not to call too often because the phone charges are crazy... not that I mind... just trying to be sensible. If I do talk to him soon, I will update.... Cheers.... Gary...

Glad to know he's doing well and I hope he'll get back soon :)

• Site Moderator

Hey my Dear Friends,

This is my first message in person since before Christmas...details are in Gary's COTT forum, so I'll just do a quick recap.

Apparently had a cataract without knowing it, and the pressure of that caused my retina to detach more than when I was born prematurely, so I lost almost all my vision.  Christmas Eve had the lens replaced in my eye, and two weeks later after sufficient healing, I had surgery to re-attach the retina--the doctors did great work, but I haven't got my vision back to where it was before all this.  I may not, but the doctors say it can still improve even after several years, so I'm not out yet.  :)

Still doing eyedrops several times a day, and my next appointment is on the 30th.  For some reason there is a faint haze which has developed, and that interferes with details and close-up reading, but at lest I'm on the computer again, however tentatively.

My heartfelt thanks and love go out to all of you, for sending me your good wishes.  I'll never forget who my friends are when my remaining family turned their backs on me.  I'd give all of you a hug and kiss if I could, so I will content myself with virtual ones.

Tim, I'm working my way through your postings here...Tusind tak, min kaereste ven!

It is absolutely wonderful to be hearing from you again CG. We have all missed you very much. Take care my friend...  :hug:  :hug:

• Like 1

Hey my Dear Friends,

This is my first message in person since before Christmas...details are in Gary's COTT forum, so I'll just do a quick recap.

Apparently had a cataract without knowing it, and the pressure of that caused my retina to detach more than when I was born prematurely, so I lost almost all my vision.  Christmas Eve had the lens replaced in my eye, and two weeks later after sufficient healing, I had surgery to re-attach the retina--the doctors did great work, but I haven't got my vision back to where it was before all this.  I may not, but the doctors say it can still improve even after several years, so I'm not out yet.  :)

Still doing eyedrops several times a day, and my next appointment is on the 30th.  For some reason there is a faint haze which has developed, and that interferes with details and close-up reading, but at lest I'm on the computer again, however tentatively.

My heartfelt thanks and love go out to all of you, for sending me your good wishes.  I'll never forget who my friends are when my remaining family turned their backs on me.  I'd give all of you a hug and kiss if I could, so I will content myself with virtual ones.

Tim, I'm working my way through your postings here...Tusind tak, min kaereste ven!

A few years back my mother had the same set of procedures - cataract removal followed by retina reattachment - and her vision is fine now. It did take a while to heal, but all is well for her, and I feel it will be the same for you! 

Welcome back!

• Like 3

Hey my Dear Friends,

Welcome Back. It's terrific to see you!

tim xoxox

• Like 2

Hey my Dear Friends,

This is all kinds of wonderful! Welcome back CG, you have been missed.  :hug:

• Like 1

Gary, you can save down to Word2003 for Marlin. MS does not make it easy anymore, but it's doable :)

First, I was so excited to see CG back! :) I haven't even read the story, but I'm just so glad he's back and feeling better.

Second, a big happy belated birthday to you, Marlin! :)

And last but not least - I wanted to add to AC's post. AC  has (still has maybe?) the 2003 version of Word, and when I edited for him I always saved the documents by clicking on the 1997-2003 Word option but saving it to my desktop. Then I was able to send him the edited chapter from my desktop.

I hope that helps!

• Like 3

Hey my Dear Friends,

:D Welcome back CG! :hug:

Hey my Dear Friends,

Welcome back, Marlin! :)  Man, have you been missed!! Do you know how many pages of posts in this forum and the COtT forum there are? I wanna say HUNDREDS!!!

I'm so glad you're feeling better now, and hopefully everything will work out in time and you'll recover your eyesight 100 percent. :)

• Like 1

Welcome back ! :kiss:

It's so great to see your name in my notifications and your profile on posts here and in the story list. :D

As everyone says we've missed you so much and if Gary hadn't been able to keep us updated about you, I think we would have gone a little crazy with worry. Not that the CotT gang isn't already slightly mad, but you know what I mean. :lol:

:thankyou: to Gary for keeping us connected and to you for not giving up inspite of all the unfair bad stuff happening, but coming back to us and learning new skills to read and write and be in touch. Hope your sight improves and gets stable. :yes:

We love ya, man and we're gonna be here for you, always. :hug:

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Wonderful new chapter, CG. I just popped in here for a moment and I was so excited to see it post. Thank you to Gary for helping to bring us this new installment of Denny and Greg and of course Jay and Mikey.

I forgot to mention in my review how much I liked the moment in the car where Mikey totally throws Jay off by suddenly talking about his brother and having children. Talk about blind-sided, lol. And of course it's very much a sign of the times that the only way to do that for a gay man would be sleeping with a woman - usually via marriage. Today, we're all so used to the options of adopting, using a surrogate and artificial insemination, but Jay's wow of never being with anyone than Miles, not even for the sake of getting his parents grandchildren was heart-warming. :wub:

And I still have some gækkebrev fun to look forward to. :D

PS Jay & Miles is now in the 37th place on the Most reviewed stories list.

Edited by Timothy M.

Chapter 40 was an adventure--I lost the second half of the Greg and Denny part by accident, but the re-creation turned out better than the original.  For some reason, I was taking over a week and a half to get that much done, then the replacement half came out in two days...they Jay and Miles section came out in just over one day, at the expense of a night's sleep.\ 

Some days, the guys are reluctant to talk, at other times I can't get them to shut up.  I'm not sure where Mikey's question about kids came from...it sure took me by surprise while I was typing it.  I'm glad you liked it, and I'm off to read your review now!

I'm that high in reviews?  Holy Cow!

Easter is the subject of Chapter 41--I started on it before finishing this one since I was stuck for a while.  :)

• Like 1

Thanks G-Man!  Sorry for sending them so close together, but I'd started 41 while 40 was still brewing, and when I sat down to work on it late Wednesday, it just all came out at once.  :)   Is that literary diarrhea?

And Tim finally gets his Easter treat, and only a few weeks late!  I hope I didn't mess it up too badly, min ven!

• Like 1

Thanks G-Man!  Sorry for sending them so close together, but I'd started 41 while 40 was still brewing, and when I sat down to work on it late Wednesday, it just all came out at once.  :)   Is that literary diarrhea?

And Tim finally gets his Easter treat, and only a few weeks late!  I hope I didn't mess it up too badly, min ven!

And what a treat it was ! :D I loved that you stayed with Jay and Miles for the whole chapter, after all they are the ones we love best and one of the cutest couples I know.

What goofs?

Danish ones - so you didn't have a chance, Batman. ;)

(hygge should be hyggeligt and min ven had become nin ven - and I think CG meant to reply to my PM, not here...)

Edited by Timothy M.