Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Living on a secluded part of a country road, we have gotten numerous cats who have been dumped by their owners. One was an orange tabby we called Baxter... he had been neutered and declawed, and he was old when he got dropped off. We had him vetted because he was so thin... he was extremely wormy... he ended up fat and sleek, and happy... he lived with us for 6 more years before he passed away while sleeping on the back veranda. Who knows why people do what they do... I always figured maybe he had an old owner who couldn't look after him anymore and maybe died, and the family dumped him....

• Like 1

Sure, I've always been a night owl, but since I started reading, then writing at GA, it's gotten ridiculous. I'm tired, yet the words keep coming! It's at a point now where I could break and go to bed, or keep going.

3600 words so far...I guess it's time for me to fall into Morpheus' arms for a while.

Chapter 24 is started...no title yet if you want to offer one I could write toward. :)

All I have so far is 410 words after fifteen minutes, taking up after dinner on Monday...so far it's Jay's POV, but that could change later on if someone else needs to cover stuff. I thought it might be Denny again, but once he goes home, I'd have to switch to someone else. I am revealing a bit more about him as dinner conversation.

I figure on getting Mikey home, then taking up on Tuesday, either the morning through lunch or maybe cutting to lunch and doing the afternoon. Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, distractions are over, unless the stories I follow post new chapters. I see that AC keeps just a chapter ahead of me, so that's a lost cause...but Gary has paused a bit so I'm fine there.

Chapter 24 still has no name, but it's added another third to its length in the past hour or so.  Life sucks because when I did my meds late last night and was eating my snack, I broke a crown--well, it's intact, but it snapped off, so it means a trip to the dentist and trying to find a way to attach a new one. The only thing I know is it won't be cheap since this crown was designed to simulate two missing teeth. If I'm lucky, he won't have to implant a screw into my jaw like he did for one of my other teeth.

• Like 4

Poor you. :(  I hate going to the dentist. :pinch:

AC just posted B&B ch 35, brace yourself ! Although it's beautiful too.

I sent him a prompt 412 chapter to beta, hope to get it out before Friday.

I agree with Eagle about the importance of Tuesday morning.

No idea for a chapter title - Gary is the master of those.

Don't get distracted now.... :gikkle:

• Like 4

Just sent Gary 3000 words of Chapter 24, hope he likes it.  I'm guessing it's a bit less than half over, and it's at a break point to start the next section as getting Mikey home or taking up Tuesday at school.

Still no title.

• Like 1

Just sent Gary 3000 words of Chapter 24, hope he likes it.  I'm guessing it's a bit less than half over, and it's at a break point to start the next section as getting Mikey home or taking up Tuesday at school.

Still no title.

I am just in the middle of a scene, Buddy, but I will get to it ASAP :boy:

Chapter 24 is moving ahead...4000 words so far. Going to be multiple viewpoints, I'm afraid, but they will be separated as usual, and you will figure out within the first sentence who's speaking.  :)

Piece of cake!

Sorry for getting distracted, guys--no excuse except I got caught up in reading a couple stories while thinking about my chapter, and got carried away.

Chapter 24 is at 6200 words, and I hope to have it in Gary's hands by Monday, so it could be posted that evening.

• Like 1

Chapter 24 is at 6200 words, and I hope to have it in Gary's hands by Monday, so it could be posted that evening.

talk about putting pressure on your editor !

Your chapters are usually more complicated than the ones I read for Gary (particularly since your story is set in the past), but perhaps not as bad as my CC chapters (which are longer and have beta issues from my lack of US-teen-life knowledge, and a multitude of comma faults plus the odd spelling mistakes). I'm impressed if you and Gary can work out a full edit-revise-edit-finalize-post cycle in one day.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Commas are my curse, and dashes...they are so haphazard and are supposed to represent pauses, but which one do you use at the time? He mostly gets me on exclamation points, though I've gotten better about that.

Other than that, he makes suggestions to clarify text, and I follow them without question--he's been 100% right so far.  What's tougher is the plot discussions as I write and send him sections.

• Like 2