Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Political Postings in my Forum

In the past, political discussion here at GA has often been contentious and less than productive, and that ultimately caused GA to shut down the Soap Box and ban political discourse from this site. 

As we move into more current politics with Streak, it's probably that discussions about the story will become political.  I think that's important to the story and to the topic.  It's always been that way for CAP, but those issues were more remote, and time had perhaps dulled our passionate arguments.  That isn't true of the turf we're now breaking into. 

I will amend this post as rules change or are clarified by the Admins, but in the meantime, I'm going to approach things in the following manner: 

1.  When political discussions ensue, those discussions must relate to the storyline.  Broad ranging diatribes aren't appropriate.

2.  The posts on these topics should be designed to be informative and not argumentative (which is a nice way of saying 'don't be a dick'). 

3.  If you post something with political content that is off-topic, it is likely that I will simply delete it. 

4.  While site staff do allow me to moderate my forum and determine the suitability to discuss politics in relation to CAP plot events, please remember that is not allowed elsewhere on the forums.

Edited by Mark Arbour
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I like it - remember "Darth" Darth Cheney - was that an SNL thing? I can't recall what comedy show did that to Mr. Cheney...LOL!

Thank you Mark for setting an appropriate stage for us to comment on politics within the constraints of the CAP storyline…

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..