Black Friday: The Purge Commences

So in honor of America's annual shopping frenzy day (well, now weekend), here's a compilation of some of the most notorious incidences from Black Friday:

The Worst Black Friday Disasters

And some of the fights:

Wal-Mart Black Friday Fight over $5 Headphones

Why the hell would you take little kids to this? Geez.

Black Friday Compilation

Have these people never head of Cyber Monday?

LOL.  The first video was so funny!  Gosh..., if I had a Go Hero action cam, I would wear one on the helmet and document the madness, cause I am going on a Doorbuster this year.  LOL.  Black Friday is an extreme sport, man.

What's the technical term? Perceived scarcity?

It's really hard, I think, to be exposed to the media onslaught and not respond to it a little bit. We don't watch much TV, but when we do and the kids are exposed to the TV ads they come to me kind of wild-eyed and I have to talk them down: Do you think they'll stop making headphones? Do you understand that the store sells things to make money? You understand that they'll still want to sell things after this weekend? The factories will still be running after this? After I'm done even I feel a little stressed out. And you know, I've as little reason to feel it as anyone: I've got employment, food, rent, healthcare, a comfortable budget for Christmas, relaxed family, reason to believe it'll all still be here next week... I hate crowds and stress and shopping and even I can feel a prickle of anxiety about this weekend. I can't imagine what it would be like if I were trying to manage gift-giving for a large family under tight circumstances and status constraints. 

And not only that but weather... I'm in the Bay Area where we have the option of just going for a nice walk. If we were somewhere in the Northeast with nothing but ice out there and cabin fever, well, I'm not sure I could hold out.

Edited by Irritable1