Ugh, my coffee has yet to kick in this morning...sorry for this odd note, but thanks for your support. BTW, How the Heart... is part of my XXX Series, so don't think all my work is like that ;)

I think of myself as the master of odd notes, so you're in good (?) company.

I hope you didn't misunderstand. I like a bit of XXX action. After all, I'm over 40 with two kids. I know how it's done... Besides, it's good to mix it up. Some romance, some raunchy.

• Like 1

I think of myself as the master of odd notes, so you're in good (?) company.

I hope you didn't misunderstand. I like a bit of XXX action. After all, I'm over 40 with two kids. I know how it's done... Besides, it's good to mix it up. Some romance, some raunchy.

Ha-ha! You may 'know how it's done,' but the boys in my erotic novellas are not in the baby-making business! :D

I bet you still have room to learn a new trick or two :kiss: 

• Like 2

Undoubtedly! If nothing else, I can pick up some pointers regarding the male anatomy. This riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma...

...oh yes...wouldn't your future hubbie just love to see your 'growth' along these lines...say on your upcoming honeymoon ;)  Study up 

• Like 1

On a side note, I'm finding it a bit of a challenge to switch from Emeric's spelling standards back to my own. I keeping writing 'centre,' and I just typed the word 'armor' and caused myself a major delay. I was debating with my inner poet that the word must really be spelled 'armour,' simply because it looks correct like that.

Sigh, I guess I'm suffering from my own form of B&B withdrawal :P       

• Like 2

On a side note, I'm finding it a bit of a challenge to switch from Emeric's spelling standards back to my own. I keeping writing 'centre,' and I just typed the word 'armor' and caused myself a major delay. I was debating with my inner poet that the word must really be spelled 'armour,' simply because it looks correct like that.

Hey, Canadians spell it as 'center' just like the Americans... 'centre' is French, as in Quebecois :P

• Like 1

Hey, Canadians spell it as 'center' just like the Americans... 'centre' is French, as in Quebecois :P

Hehe, I used guides such as this one: http://www.lukemastin.com/testing/spelling/cgi-bin/database.cgi?action=view_category&database=spelling&category=C

But, obviously, I don't claim to have gotten it all perfect, as it's all a matter of choice anyway.

(BTW, I'd give your comment a 'like,' but I'm out right now )

Edited by AC Benus

Hehe, I used guides such as this one: http://www.lukemastin.com/testing/spelling/cgi-bin/database.cgi?action=view_category&database=spelling&category=C

But, obviously, I don't claim to have gotten it all perfect, as it's all a matter of choice anyway.

(BTW, I'd give your comment a 'like,' but I'm out right now )

I was just kidding, AC... you're right... it's all a matter of choice :boy:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Ok, for all of you true fans, I had the freakiest of dreams the other night...

This is no joke or exaggeration. I dreamt of a stressful time, and then, looking up on a pediment of a building I saw three birds. A massive raven was standing rather still, but his coal-black eyes looked over to me as he cocked his head in my direction. On top of his back, a crow was moving with a little more agitation, and seemed to be more interested in the raven than me. And then, on the crows back, a small black bird with bright yellow eyes was moving around and screeching for their attention; he seemed to be oblivious to my existence. 

This last bird is a local kind we have around here, called a Brewer's Blackbird

After I saw this unholy version of the Bremen Town Musicians, I backed away, and in dream fashion, left myself lie down. A moment or two later, after I had successfully told myself it was nothing, I was looking up into the night sky when all of a sudden this creature's face with bared teeth was above me. I awoke instantly, and had a hard time going back to bed.

Is it time for me to get going on the continuing sage of Bound & Bound...? Is that the message I am receiving?            

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 5

Someone asked about the reason that Gretza needed slaves to dig her well. At the risk of sounding incompetent, I will say that I didn't know. Didn't know that is until a few nights ago when I felt brave enough to make inquiry of the Lady herself.

I was making dinner, and thinking about the subject, and suddenly the motivations seemed pretty clear. Silviu told Emeric about waterways being seats of great power, and Gretza's desire to have a well dug though the mountainside the castle is located on top of seemed a monumental demand. But, going back to Sil, remember he said there are 'wishing wells,' and there are 'cursing wells.' I think that is the key. Gretza desired the well to strengthen her maniacal powers through the malediction of the slaves themselves. She counted on their misery in digging the well to strike hatred into ever pick blow, and the unholy consecration of the finished 'cursing well' by the dying hatred of the well-diggers would be captured and at her disposal to use.

Anyway, that's the answer I was given as I stir-fried my cabbage. I hope that makes 'sense,' coming from the mind of evil as it does.

The natural thing is, that she was deprived of that hateful desire. Because Ahmed and Junayd had each other, the task of digging the well became one of uplifting hope, and eventually of an expression of the love they shared. In addition, neither man died with a curse on his lips, only the knowledge that they would soon be reunited and free.

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 4

Yikes to the nightmare, it's scary to read about too, even in full daylight. :o

But if you feel inspired to write what happened to Lazlo and his faithful companion, I won't complain !

I simply LOVE the explanation about the well. It makes a lot of sense, and I'm all :D at the idea of J&A thwarting her plans this way too. In fact I think that's why Lady G had to find another place (the forest) as her seat of evil. She probably thought she could use the well and thus keep haunting Lazlo, but it rejected her by the force of love, and she could only manage ghostly visitations in the keep.

• Like 3

Yikes to the nightmare, it's scary to read about too, even in full daylight. :o

But if you feel inspired to write what happened to Lazlo and his faithful companion, I won't complain !

I simply LOVE the explanation about the well. It makes a lot of sense, and I'm all :D at the idea of J&A thwarting her plans this way too. In fact I think that's why Lady G had to find another place (the forest) as her seat of evil. She probably thought she could use the well and thus keep haunting Lazlo, but it rejected her by the force of love, and she could only manage ghostly visitations in the keep.

Hm. I love that explanation for Gretza's ghost in the castle too. The well rejected her...yes...that's it! 

Yes, a trinity of black birds actually mean "More B&B". More black birds...? You should listen to your subconscious!

Interesting thoughts on the well. Water and wells have been considered magic at times. Sometimes life saving, sometimes luring people to their death. Gretza would have liked to tap (ehum...) into that power. I'm very glad the power of their love could transform that well from evil to good.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Haha... you finally accepted the correct English spelling, eh?? i like this!!! 

• Like 1

Ok, for all of you true fans, I had the freakiest of dreams the other night...

This is no joke or exaggeration. I dreamt of a stressful time, and then, looking up on a pediment of a building I saw three birds. A massive raven was standing rather still, but his coal-black eyes looked over to me as he cocked his head in my direction. On top of his back, a crow was moving with a little more agitation, and seemed to be more interested in the raven than me. And then, on the crows back, a small black bird with bright yellow eyes was moving around and screeching for their attention; he seemed to be oblivious to my existence. 

This last bird is a local kind we have around here, called a Brewer's Blackbird

After I saw this unholy version of the Bremen Town Musicians, I backed away, and in dream fashion, left myself lie down. A moment or two later, after I had successfully told myself it was nothing, I was looking up into the night sky when all of a sudden this creature's face with bared teeth was above me. I awoke instantly, and had a hard time going back to bed.

Is it time for me to get going on the continuing sage of Bound & Bound...? Is that the message I am receiving?            

Oh AC, how cool ... and creepy and well.. you'd have to decifer the dream, but it sounds like something wants its story told. 

• Like 1