Hey Wayne

Great to hear from you. I told Marc the wine was a nod to Mr. Stewart and I was certain he and I would be the only two realizing what it was. I stand corrected!  :) Good pick up.

I don't think I'll get to the 10k chapter but mine keep getting bigger all the time.

I'll take my time with CJ and sex. If I've made him sound so smart aI can't very well have him turn into a hoe overnight :rofl:

My apology to you and all other Australian readers for somebody insulting all of you for disagreeing with his views. I've asked him to stay off the forum, I don't think disagreements should lead to insulting people.

Thanks for the comments, mate!

Given Marc's/Michael's obsession with that drop of plonk and your comments about making a nod to LOTR, it wasn't that hard to pick up.  :P

• Like 1

Funny thing is I became addicted to Hunter Valley Verdehlo when I 'tasted' my way through the vineyards in the valley and I can't find them in the US. I looked into having them shipped and it was a bit pricey for me.

JP's from Newcastle and his uncle owns vineyards in Hunter Valley. I've still not come up with a brand name for them so I've not mentioned them by name yet.

Tim

Please refrain from any further postings in this forum. I do not like homophobes or their friends.

Carlos

I shall respect your wish, Carlos, just wanted to add the apology below.

My apology to you and all other Australian readers for somebody insulting all of you for disagreeing with his views. I've asked him to stay off the forum, I don't think disagreements should lead to insulting people.

I apologize too, for any insult my comment caused, it was meant to be joking, but I can understand if it came across wrong. Sorry about that.

Fiance? Do I need to be worried?

BTW, Aside from you in Perth and Wayne in Sydney, are you aware of any other Aussies reading my stuff? I want to name the Furballs so one is Wayne and one is Marcus, I thought I'd name the keyboard player after anoter reader from Oz

I did think of another solution. Do you have an NZ reader? You could use one of their names. If they are any good we would claim them as our own but if they aren't then they quickly become NZ's problem (Aussie actor Russel Crowe wins Oscar but NZ actor throws phone at hotel staff)

From a reply to a review:

CJ's a military kid because of his step dad (he was ok until we found out he's a homophobe, I dislike them people]. Every military kid I've know has always seemed more mature and in my boy's case I think it applies in spades.

I think military kids go one of two ways, and not much in between. Either they turn out to be wonderfully secure and mature teens, or turn into super brats.  There is a reason for the term "military brat"!. Fortunately for both CJ and his dad's he is one of the former.

Oh, and I am thinking that the maturity happened in spite of the step-ass. I find it hard to believe that a man so homophobic that he would toss out the son he attempted to adopt doesn't have other shortcomings as well. We just haven't seen them in this story.

From a reply to a review:

CJ's a military kid because of his step dad (he was ok until we found out he's a homophobe, I dislike them people]. Every military kid I've know has always seemed more mature and in my boy's case I think it applies in spades.

I think military kids go one of two ways, and not much in between. Either they turn out to be wonderfully secure and mature teens, or turn into super brats.  There is a reason for the term "military brat"!. Fortunately for both CJ and his dad's he is one of the former.

Oh, and I am thinking that the maturity happened in spite of the step-ass. I find it hard to believe that a man so homophobic that he would toss out the son he attempted to adopt doesn't have other shortcomings as well. We just haven't seen them in this story.

I don't see CJ having a bad childhood, I just see him missing out on a lot of TLC which he now gets in spades. Put together what he experienced living in Germany as a military dependaent with the support and love he's bow getting from Cesar and Brett and any kid would shine. I'm having fun developing his personality slowly and chapter 15 was good for showing his caring side, with Sean and Doc. Of course he's still a horndog which may have influenced his desire for Sean sticking around. A sweaty, furry, ginger..... YUM! :D

• Like 2

I don't see CJ having a bad childhood, I just see him missing out on a lot of TLC which he now gets in spades. Put together what he experienced living in Germany as a military dependaent with the support and love he's bow getting from Cesar and Brett and any kid would shine. I'm having fun developing his personality slowly and chapter 15 was good for showing his caring side, with Sean and Doc. Of course he's still a horndog which may have influenced his desire for Sean sticking around. A sweaty, furry, ginger..... YUM! :D

Only you could turn a conversation about child development into a drooling session about furry gingers without missing a beat  :P

• Like 2

I'm curious to see what would happen if CJ saw Ian again.

I also think Brett might have some opinions to share with Chip when he picks up Doc - if he goes to the door. Too bad Doc is probably too much of a gentleman to let Brett beat the hell of out Chip.

• Like 2

Hi Carlos,

Another nicely written chapter, with lots happening.  I like the way you weave morality through the narrative, in this case, infidelity in the gay community (which is really no different from infidelity in the straight community.)  At least while CJ is a pogostick of teen hormones, he's being exposed to his fathers' values and likely soaking them up. 

I'm guessing if there's no going back for Doc (and he seemed quite definite) then Chip is out of the picture from now on ... unless you have plans for him in the future.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, knowing that Doc will be supported and cared for.

Cheers,

Wayne

• Like 2

Eagle and Wayne both raise interesting points.

I think it's also good for CJ to see the differences between his Dad's relationship, Dragon's agreement and the halfway house disaster that was Doc and Chip. It is the dishonesty that really hurts, betrayal and deceit are relationship killers.

pogostick of teen hormones... Another classic  :)

• Like 1

I'm curious to see what would happen if CJ saw Ian again.

I also think Brett might have some opinions to share with Chip when he picks up Doc - if he goes to the door. Too bad Doc is probably too much of a gentleman to let Brett beat the hell of out Chip.

I'll have to think about what will happen when CJ meets Ian...

Cesar's the one going to pick up Doc. Chip's probably safe for now :o

Hi Carlos,

Another nicely written chapter, with lots happening.  I like the way you weave morality through the narrative, in this case, infidelity in the gay community (which is really no different from infidelity in the straight community.)  At least while CJ is a pogostick of teen hormones, he's being exposed to his fathers' values and likely soaking them up. 

I'm guessing if there's no going back for Doc (and he seemed quite definite) then Chip is out of the picture from now on ... unless you have plans for him in the future.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, knowing that Doc will be supported and cared for.

Cheers,

Wayne

Eagle and Wayne both raise interesting points.

I think it's also good for CJ to see the differences between his Dad's relationship, Dragon's agreement and the halfway house disaster that was Doc and Chip. It is the dishonesty that really hurts, betrayal and deceit are relationship killers.

pogostick of teen hormones... Another classic  :)

Buck, you know me well enough by now to know that pogostick of teen hormones will work it's way into a story sooner or later :rofl:

Both of you have perfectly summarized one of two main subjects I wanted to convey in the story. CJ's situation is an obvious one, but gay teen growing up stories are a dime a dozen. Most of them full of cliches and forced angst, so I wanted this one to be different. By placing the boy in a situation where he was surrounded by a group of adults, I had a chance to explore the way gay men interact with, and relate to each other.

Let's just say I wanted to describe what's behind a few of the hankie colors :P

If I hadn't already done so, I would be naming characters after the two of you!

1. CJ is mature and honourable. I think he would have some words to say to the two guys who hurt his uncle Matt.

2. I think cheating on Doc sealed Chip's fate with Doc (there can't be a relationship without trust), but the humiliation of making that cheating so obvious in front of everyone is what sealed his fate with the rest of the group. They would have been angry about the cheating regardless, but that behaviour would likely trash their opinion of him as a human being.

3. I know logically that it's hard to just pull up stakes and switch banks, but I REALLY want them to! :P

4. Punching Chip, although oh so satisfying, would only be a temporary balm. Switching bankers (and siting lack of trust in his opinions/decisions) to his superiors would hit Chip where it hurts.

• Like 3

4. Punching Chip, although oh so satisfying, would only be a temporary balm. Switching bankers (and siting lack of trust in his opinions/decisions) to his superiors would hit Chip where it hurts.

They could punch him AND switch bankers.   :yes:

• Like 1

I didn't mean to imply living the army base life was a bad thing, just that the kids seem to end up at the extremes with very little in between. Every single kid I ever met growing up was either a great kid like CJ or a complete military brat.  And living in central NJ we had a lot of military kids around between Fort Dix, MaGuire AFB, Fort Monmouth, NWS Earle, and the Piccatiny Arsenal.

... unless you have plans for him in the future.

Don't ever assume that sneaky authors are done with a character. Those are the characters that pop in unexpectedly to set all hell loose later in a story!

• Like 1

I didn't mean to imply living the army base life was a bad thing, just that the kids seem to end up at the extremes with very little in between. Every single kid I ever met growing up was either a great kid like CJ or a complete military brat.  And living in central NJ we had a lot of military kids around between Fort Dix, MaGuire AFB, Fort Monmouth, NWS Earle, and the Piccatiny Arsenal.

Don't ever assume that sneaky authors are done with a character. Those are the characters that pop in unexpectedly to set all hell loose later in a story!

"What you talkin' about, Willis? :P

Sneaky? Me? Next thing you know you'll be accusing me of writing cliffies. Oh. Never mind.

I hung out with a couple of military brats when I was younger. They were fun. They were usually the ones who got me in trouble. (Nothing sexual, Bucket!)

I'll reveal one thing, Chip will make an appearance in Chapter 16 (posting in 6 days!). As far as what the future brings for Chip, Ian and the banking relationship :X

By the way, as of this morning

Summer has 87 followers, almost 12,000 views and over 150 reviews. The author went over 1,500 likes yesterday. Watch out Mark and Sasha! :P

Pretty darn cool considering I just wanted to tell a little story, and it's a little different from what's normally published here.

:thankyou:

To those who read these posts, but never leave a comment: Just do it! Leave me a note or a question, I promise it won't hurt. (Well, maybe a little the first time. Right, Bucket?) :rofl:

Summer has 87 followers, almost 12,000 views and over 150 reviews. The author went over 1,500 likes yesterday. Watch out Mark and Sasha! :P

Pretty darn cool considering I just wanted to tell a little story, and it's a little different from what's normally published here.

:thankyou:

To those who read these posts, but never leave a comment: Just do it! Leave me a note or a question, I promise it won't hurt. (Well, maybe a little the first time. Right, Bucket?) :rofl:

You do have a reputation  :P

Carefully crafted by the author himself  :D

More importantly, congrats on the stats - just goes to show that we do like good stories 

• Like 1

Pretty darn cool considering I just wanted to tell a little story, and it's a little different from what's normally published here.[/font]

88 followers now. :thumbup: Edited by EagleIsaac
  • Like 1

Isaac, group sex, partner sharing and other assorted variations are a fact of life. As I said before, having such a large cast as I do, it would be unrealistic to assume everyone is involved in monogamous, faithful relationships. Not in a gay crowd. 

Think of it this way - as gay men we don't really get the desire that other men have to sleep with women.  On an intellectual level we know some guys enjoy that, but it's just not for us and reading even a mildly descriptive scene involving straight sex would be - maybe not uncomfortable - but not enjoyable.  I'm like that with open relationships.  I know they exist. I know people who have enjoyed them.  It's their life/relationship.  It's just not my thing.  I know its part of this story because you wanted to have an mix of men and relationships involved and that's cool.  Not every relationship fits into a neat box.  

Now on to Chip - can I hit him if Doc doesn't want to? 

• Like 2

so,do I need to place a warning on any chapter which includes? Sex with a chick?  :o

i have a ve a varied group of people I interact with and the number of different relationships they're involved in would require me to triple the cast size to describe. You may have to suffer through a couple more uncomfortable scenes, but there's a reason for everything. :D