Speaking of Ian and Sean... how come so many ginger boys are gay? and, isn't it ironic Chip and Doc both end up shtooping members of the same family?

I do know a few gay men who are gingers. Maybe you just notice them more!? :P

• Like 3

I do know a few gay men who are gingers. Maybe you just notice them more!? :P

Ginger gay men?

Maybe I should drop Shawn a line. I mean, he was the inspiration for Sean, even if they ended up looking nothing alike except for the hair color. I think I need a trip to NYC! :D

• Like 2

Ginger gay men?

Maybe I should drop Shawn a line. I mean, he was the inspiration for Sean, even if they ended up looking nothing alike except for the hair color. I think I need a trip to NYC! :D

So do I foresee a road trip in your future then? :P

• Like 1

LOL!

I've not been to DC or NYC in a couple of years. Writing Summer, has me wanting to go spend some time in Washington and play tourist for a few days, something I never tire of. Plus I'd like to take pictures of the houses I used as inspiration for Cesar, Doc and JP residences. I have no idea what their insides look like, just used the location and outside structure to create what I wanted in the story. But the addresses I use for them when computing distances, travel times and surrounding businesses are real.

NYC has my best friend and her kids who consider me an uncle; my brother and nephews just west of the city in New Jersey and then there's Shawn. Not sure I'll do both cities in one trip though, Shawn is in his 20's and he tends to tire me out--I'm starting to feel the years!

• Like 2

I would like to visit Washington and NYC. Maybe I'll take my son this summer as his last trip before university and adult life claim all of his spare time.

Guys in their 20s can be almost limitless bundles of energy. :lol:

Edited by EagleIsaac
  • Like 2

Washington is a great city to visit. Summers are crowded with people from all over the world. It can be hot and muggy. If you go, pick a few things you want to see and keep some time open, there's so much to do you'll want the chance to be spontaneous at time. Take comfortable shoes, lots of walking LOL

Washington is a great city to visit. Summers are crowded with people from all over the world. It can be hot and muggy. If you go, pick a few things you want to see and keep some time open, there's so much to do you'll want the chance to be spontaneous at time. Take comfortable shoes, lots of walking LOL

Yeah I figure we'll be doing a lot of walking. My kid's a planner so he'll probably have at least part of the trip mapped out

• Like 2

LOL!

I've not been to DC or NYC in a couple of years. Writing Summer, has me wanting to go spend some time in Washington and play tourist for a few days, something I never tire of. Plus I'd like to take pictures of the houses I used as inspiration for Cesar, Doc and JP residences. I have no idea what their insides look like, just used the location and outside structure to create what I wanted in the story. But the addresses I use for them when computing distances, travel times and surrounding businesses are real.

NYC has my best friend and her kids who consider me an uncle; my brother and nephews just west of the city in New Jersey and then there's Shawn. Not sure I'll do both cities in one trip though, Shawn is in his 20's and he tends to tire me out--I'm starting to feel the years!

I would like to visit Washington and NYC. Maybe I'll take my son this summer as his last trip before university and adult life claim all of his spare time.

Guys in their 20s can be almost limitless bundles of energy. :lol:

If either one of you decide on NYC you best plan lunch with me while you are here! 

• Like 2

When, not if, I do hit the city, I'll be in Short Hills for at least a couple of days. We'll meet up in Jersey, it'll be easier. If nothing interferes, it'll probably be in the fall.

I'll need to take pictures of whatever is really at the locations for Prime, WOOF and the loft! :D

• Like 1

When, not if, I do hit the city, I'll be in Short Hills for at least a couple of days. We'll meet up in Jersey, it'll be easier. If nothing interferes, it'll probably be in the fall.

I'll need to take pictures of whatever is really at the locations for Prime, WOOF and the loft! :D

Always keeping an eye on the details  :P

I am really enjoying the genre explorations in your prompts. You have captured a different flavour in each one and I honestly don't know what to expect for the next one.

Keep up the surprises.  :)

• Like 1

Thanks bubba!

I honestly didn't set out to try different genres, it sort of happened and now I'm into it. The silly, smart-ass stories will most likely predominate, since I'm a silly, smart-ass kinda guy.

I need to finish the Furballs' Atlanta segment today, but I'll tackle this week's prompts afterwards.

Let's see what I can come up with...

Hi Carlos,

Really enjoyed this latest chapter - especially the surprise reference to Tyson Hill from 'Love on the rocks' and how cleverly you had the guys listening to his song on the radio!  I wonder if the author knows?

Does this mean that the guys might see his concert in America?  That’s where Marcus McNally is up to in his story – Tyson’s first US tour.

Looking forward to next week’s instalment!

Cheers,

Wayne

• Like 1

Hi Carlos,

Really enjoyed this latest chapter - especially the surprise reference to Tyson Hill from 'Love on the rocks' and how cleverly you had the guys listening to his song on the radio!  I wonder if the author knows?

Does this mean that the guys might see his concert in America?  That’s where Marcus McNally is up to in his story – Tyson’s first US tour.

Looking forward to next week’s instalment!

Cheers,

Wayne

Howdy Wayne-

I'm very glad you enjoyed the new chapter, Now I have added pressure to make the last couple of ones just as good.

Ty's appearance was my shout out to one of my all-time favorite internet stories and yes, the author's aware of it. I asked for, and received his permission :)

Cheers, buddy.

Carlos

Edited by Carlos Hazday

Thanks bubba!

I honestly didn't set out to try different genres, it sort of happened and now I'm into it. The silly, smart-ass stories will most likely predominate, since I'm a silly, smart-ass kinda guy.

I need to finish the Furballs' Atlanta segment today, but I'll tackle this week's prompts afterwards.

Let's see what I can come up with...

You do do silly and smart-ass stories well :P but you also do serious well. I particularly like the Ford story.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It's always interesting to read the reviews of others. I didn't miss the vows at all. I actually liked seeing each of them nervous but grateful for finding love in their lives. There was an authenticity there that I appreciated. I guess I am curious now that DrP has mentioned it but while reading the chapter I didn't need to hear them.

• Like 1

Buck, it was hard enough getting into the heads of five different characters to figure out their thoughts, writing four different vows would have been nuts.

Plus the vows have been done, in other stories, ad infinitum. Why do the same thing? Others have done it well before, and I don't want to be repetitive. I'm trying to make my little story different from anything else readers may have encountered before. One of my pet peeves is the number of 'gay' stories with characters who are interchangeable for a man and a woman, I'm trying real hard not to fall into that trap. I want my characters to be men, sound like men, and act like men.

If you take the thoughts of each groom, tweak them a bit, and address them to their partner, you'd probably get an idea of what the vows would have been. :P

I'm so nervous I'm crapping myself, I don't believe I found someone like you, fuck I'm a lucky bastard.

And then Brian Sims says I now pronounce you husband and husband.

Not so hard really... this writing thing is a lark  :P

• Like 1

Now all you have to do is become a devious individual and you can call yourself an author! :rofl:

BTW, did you listen to the songs I used? I'm wondering if they work.Both are a bit obscure, but once again I didn't want to use what everyone else tends to use all the time.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Carlos. There are just so many ways to actually stand up in front of a crowd and say "I'll love you forever" before you start repeating what hundreds of others have said. I much preferred seeing their private thoughts before the ceremony. I loved CJ's toast as well!

• Like 2

I have to agree with Carlos. There are just so many ways to actually stand up in front of a crowd and say "I'll love you forever" before you start repeating what hundreds of others have said. I much preferred seeing their private thoughts before the ceremony. I loved CJ's toast as well!

Thanks Kitt

Now I'm hoping next time someone writes a wedding scene around here they try something unique also.

BTW, you guys should check out my gallery, I just posted a picture of the wedding shirts the 5 guys wear in the chapter! :)

Country restrictions mean no 18th Floor Balcony on Youtube but I will look further afield. McFly are a fun bunch of guys and Harry is cute. He will be hot when he grows up  :P

So I fail the devious test :o  good to know  :)

• Like 1

Country restrictions mean no 18th Floor Balcony on Youtube but I will look further afield. McFly are a fun bunch of guys and Harry is cute. He will be hot when he grows up  :P

So I fail the devious test :o  good to know  :)

I love Blue October, great alternative band from Texas. Their last album, Sway, was financed through one of those public fundraising websites and I participated. Great stuff. I discovered them a few years ago, through an 18-year-old Hawaiian kid who friended me on Facebook. He sent me a link to INTO THE OCEAN and Balcony was in the same album.