Sweet rides...I want to sit behind Papa Brett on his big ole Harley :yes:

Daddy Cesar has a bigger hog! :o

Woo hoo! Pappa Brett and I have the same taste in trucks! Mine is a 250 and the stripe is silver but...

LOL Yeah but you got a brand new one right? A 350 would be too much for me, I'd settle for one like yours. Brett is definitely a size queen! :P

LOL Yeah but you got a brand new one right? A 350 would be too much for me, I'd settle for one like yours. Brett is definitely a size queen! :P

LOL actually his would probably be better for my business, and no - while it was new to me it was pre-owned. Or as my daughter said, pre-loved.

• Like 1

Not  single vehicle in that household is very green. Maybe that is a sign of wealth since they don't have to worry about the price of petrol? Maybe a teenager can teach them a thing or two about the environment!

Edit, I already gave up writing reviews on my iPad. I'm just giving it all up. I can't even edit the errors without the damn auto correct screwing things up. I'm disabling that stupid feature!

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1

Another great chapter Carlos - it's good to have the couple's level of wealth explained.  And I like that each chapter has a title.  Not many authors do that.  Also, another great chapter of "Love on the rocks" this weekend (except for the Goddamn cliffhanger!)

• Like 1

Another great chapter Carlos - it's good to have the couple's level of wealth explained.  And I like that each chapter has a title.  Not many authors do that.  Also, another great chapter of "Love on the rocks" this weekend (except for the Goddamn cliffhanger!)

Wayne! Glad you liked the chapter. It's not one of my favorites but it let me finish up with some of the background I needed to establish. I think the next 5 are much more like the first 3 were.And some more of the men will be introduced.

Marc is a pain in the butt. He writes these long-assed chapters that keep you happy and glued to the page and then plops a little cliffie at the end to piss me off. I keep bitching and he keeps ignoring me!

• Like 1

Wayne! Glad you liked the chapter. It's not one of my favorites but it let me finish up with some of the background I needed to establish. I think the next 5 are much more like the first 3 were.And some more of the men will be introduced.

Marc is a pain in the butt. He writes these long-assed chapters that keep you happy and glued to the page and then plops a little cliffie at the end to piss me off. I keep bitching and he keeps ignoring me!

Now why or how could anyone ignore you?

• Like 1

LMAO!

Take a break and go read the Love on the Rocks chapter. I thought of you while reading the mushy parts this morning :P

I bet you thought of me while you were reading other parts too. I just read last week's chapter of LOTR last night. I can't keep up with all the reading!

Is anyone else experiencing weird stuff when they post ?...This time seems okay but other ones, when I click on the box to post...it looks like it goes to an editor mode. I went in to fix one word on my new chapter and all my spaces disappeared and there was weird letters and marks in one section. I had to fix it all manually.

Not really.... I fixed an oooops in Summer yesterday and loaded a new story to post in two weeks today. Both went smoothly.

Last week I did have a problem where I loaded a prologue and 2 chapters and the prologue never made it. Since you can't go back and add it, I had to do it all over again and Renee was kind enough to delete the initial one.

Thanks for your reply to my post Carlos.  I shared it with Marcus McNayy when I emailed him to says thanks for his latest chapter.

I thought his response was great:

Hi Wayne,

Glad you enjoyed Chapter 17 of “Five Years On.”

Your email made me laugh! 

In response to Carlos’ comments, please feel free to pass this on!

So … “Marc is a pain in the butt.” … He wishes!

And … “He writes these long-assed chapters that keep you happy and glued to the page and then plops a little cliffie at the end to piss me off.

Please! The end of Chapter 17 in not a cliffhanger!  It’s a small tease. If both of you dislike my cliffhangers, then you’re gonna hate Chapter 18!

And … “I keep bitching and he keeps ignoring me!” 

I’d never ignore him - my parents taught me to be polite to old people!

Cheers, mate … and Happy Australia Day for tomorrow!

Marcus

• Like 2

That man is a trip. I don't know anything about him except what he's put out to the public, based on his stories and his communications he sound like one cool dude.

I get the feeling his son is a lucky kid to have him as a father.I'm hoping I don't screw anything up with CJ too much, Marc could probably tell me from personal experience if something was plain bullshit!

• Like 1

Interesting comments in the reviews... I read it a fourth time and still didn't see the "ewwww" factor. Maybe it's my innocent mind :rolleyes:  but all I saw was sporty blokey banter and a dad ready to step in if necessary 

• Like 1
Right or wrong I think it's hypocritical! Or is all the discussion about equality between the sexes a bunch of BS? Or is there a choice of where there's to be equality and where there isn't? And if that's the case, who gets to make the decision? Is what's good for the goose also good for the gander?

I agree, it is hypocritical.  Honestly, I would get just as upset in this scenario if that was my daughter or my son.  In fact, I had two similar experiences, one with my daughter at around 15 when a guy friend of my husband's said something overtly sexual to her, as a joke.  I wanted to slap him.  My husband just told the guy that some things are just not appropriate, joke or not.  Our reaction had a lot to do with how uncomfortable my daughter seemed to feel after, even though she laughed along with the others who were around.

With my son, a female acquaintance was flirting with him when he was not quite 17.  It was not serious, and my son was likely happy to be hit on by a hot "cougar", but I was still disgusted.  It was my kid...my underage kid, you know?  So my mama-bear claws come out if it is my daughter or my son.  

Regarding the sexual proclivity of Cesar and  Brett's group of friends, I don't have an issue with them.  I don't partake or understand the inclination but c'est la vie.  The friends are not the focus of the story, so as long as Cesar and Brett don't start throwing swinger parties or something, then the friends can do what they like.  If they did, then i probably wouldn't read the story...it's just not something that appeals to me to read about if I am looking to read about a romance.  

I am not naive enough to think that most hetro couples are monogamous, but I have always been in my own relationships, and I like to read about monogamous romances.   I know other people believe differently and approach their relationships in as many different ways as there are people in the world, and that is totally up to them.  I have a friend who is a swinger.  I don't get it, but its between her and her husband...definitely not something for me, but it doesn't mean I'm not her friend.  Honestly, I am not as prudish as I may have come across,  lol

All of that long winded preamble aside, I really like Brett and Cesar's characters.  They are good dads.  CJ has two strong men he can count on in his life and they really seem to love each other with everything they have.  I am enjoying reading about them.  I hope my review didn't make you think otherwise.  

• Like 2

I agree, it is hypocritical.  Honestly, I would get just as upset in this scenario if that was my daughter or my son.  In fact, I had two similar experiences, one with my daughter at around 15 when a guy friend of my husband's said something overtly sexual to her, as a joke.  I wanted to slap him.  My husband just told the guy that some things are just not appropriate, joke or not.  Our reaction had a lot to do with how uncomfortable my daughter seemed to feel after, even though she laughed along with the others who were around.

With my son, a female acquaintance was flirting with him when he was not quite 17.  It was not serious, and my son was likely happy to be hit on by a hot "cougar", but I was still disgusted.  It was my kid...my underage kid, you know?  So my mama-bear claws come out if it is my daughter or my son.  

Regarding the sexual proclivity of Cesar and  Brett's group of friends, I don't have an issue with them.  I don't partake or understand the inclination but c'est la vie.  The friends are not the focus of the story, so as long as Cesar and Brett don't start throwing swinger parties or something, then the friends can do what they like.  If they did, then i probably wouldn't read the story...it's just not something that appeals to me to read about if I am looking to read about a romance.  

I am not naive enough to think that most hetro couples are monogamous, but I have always been in my own relationships, and I like to read about monogamous romances.   I know other people believe differently and approach their relationships in as many different ways as there are people in the world, and that is totally up to them.  I have a friend who is a swinger.  I don't get it, but its between her and her husband...definitely not something for me, but it doesn't mean I'm not her friend.  Honestly, I am not as prudish as I may have come across,  lol

All of that long winded preamble aside, I really like Brett and Cesar's characters.  They are good dads.  CJ has two strong men he can count on in his life and they really seem to love each other with everything they have.  I am enjoying reading about them.  I hope my review didn't make you think otherwise.  

I think if you didn't like something about the story you'd stop picking on me about this and that LOL I truly like it when someone questions me. The accolades are nice but if all I get is praise then I'm not doing a good job!

Call me an instigator if you wish but I like to get people talking. If we were all the same the world would be much less interesting. I hope that at some point every reader finds something in the story they disagree with, dislike or makes them uncomfortable, I'm definitely not trying to write about Goldilocks here :P

My perspective as a gay man growing up in a large urban environment in a city considered one of the gay vacation 'meccas' has to be different from someone growing up in a small town in Middle-America. I've mentioned my motorcycle club before, that's a group of over a hundred gay men I interact with frequently. My neighbors on either side of my place and across the street are gay couples. Living in such an environment probably exposes me to more variety than most other gay men. I neither approve nor disapprove of the choices others make but I do try to reflect as many of those different attitudes as possible in my writing. Someone suggested I write about what I know. I'll research and try other things but what it comes down to is my own personal experiences coloring my stories.

If you have any doubts as to where Cesar and Brett stand I may have to start bolding certain passages.

Interesting comments in the reviews... I read it a fourth time and still didn't see the "ewwww" factor. Maybe it's my innocent mind :rolleyes:  but all I saw was sporty blokey banter and a dad ready to step in if necessary 

I love blokey sporty banter wish I had coined the phrase. And without thinking of it in those words that has been my entire approach to the interaction between the eight friends: raunchy, locker room banter. I think it would be unrealistic for those guys to start censoring their comments in the presence of CJ. At 15 he's probably more aware than most of us were at that age and any I've tried to make sure all the 'uncles' treat whim with affection through all the joking. Hell, CJ's hormones would probably make me worry about him making a real pass at one of the adults than the other way around. At 15 he's already gone through puberty and I doubt most boys that age would object to being treated as one of the grown-ups.

• Like 1

I have to admit, I needed to go read the reviews after reading about an "eeeewwww factor" here before I felt I could comment.

Were some of the things said to CJ a bit inappropriate? Sure they were - but guess what? Even the most proper and polite people will make an inappropriate comment once in a while.  Cesar voiced his opinion on it, and I didn't think any of it was particularly "eeewww" worthy.

As for giving CJ some of the details of the various couples sex lives, I can't help but feel honesty up front outweighs the idea that it is inappropriate. The couple who include a third in their play occasionally would be quite upset if CJ heard about a third party involved through the grape vine and jumped to a wrong conclusion. 

Perhaps it is hypocritical and wrong, but dad's and mom's are always going to see things differently. No matter how hard we strive for equality - the bottom line is that men and women are just put together differently, both physically and mentally. In my own case I am the more open of the two with my daughter, and we have had several conversations that have sent my husband in search of other activities while blushing furiously, including the day I put condoms in my daughters purse before she left the house prom night.

For me the part of the story that fires me up is CJ's mother. 'Tis a good thing that she is a fictional character I will never run into. Were they real and Cesar a friend of mine, Lourdes would need to avoid me for a very long time after what she has done.

• Like 1

Go back and read my responses to the reviews, Kitt.

Every single situation I've described is fictional but they all have a kernel of truth within them. Cesar and Brett talked to CJ before Dragon and King did and in that conversation I think I wrote one of my favorite lines so far...

“Really, Papa? Have you ever heard of the internet? I know I’m young, but I ain’t stupid; I know my way around the web and have read and seen enough to realize all relationships are not like yours. I doubt very much anything would shock me. I have zero interest in many of those things, but I’m definitely aware of them.”

CJ's comment is the reality of living in 2015 and not in 1915 or even 1955. If a kid his age can read about or watch bondage, water sports and fisting, all a parent can do is provide guidance and hope their child makes decisions which won't be regretted later on in life.

• Like 1

I love blokey sporty banter wish I had coined the phrase. And without thinking of it in those words that has been my entire approach to the interaction between the eight friends: raunchy, locker room banter. I think it would be unrealistic for those guys to start censoring their comments in the presence of CJ. At 15 he's probably more aware than most of us were at that age and any I've tried to make sure all the 'uncles' treat whim with affection through all the joking. Hell, CJ's hormones would probably make me worry about him making a real pass at one of the adults than the other way around. At 15 he's already gone through puberty and I doubt most boys that age would object to being treated as one of the grown-ups.

I don't know, the mom in me says that with CJ being a 15 year old minor that that level of sexual inuendo and teasing is just not appropriate, just like that cougar acquaintance should not have made sexual comments to my son or the guy friend to my daughter. Joking or not some things are just not appropriate to say to your friend's child. I have no doubt that CJ has a lot of hormones to deal with and may end up hitting on one of the friends, and that just makes it more icky to tell him he could take the boyfriends place in bed or ask to see any part if his body in a remotely sexual way, joking or not. Why does including him in the group have to include "oh yea, you're growing up nice, I'd do you. Haha no I'm kidding"? Is that really he only way to treat him like a grown up?

• Like 1

I don't know, the mom in me says that with CJ being a 15 year old minor that that level of sexual inuendo and teasing is just not appropriate, just like that cougar acquaintance should not have made sexual comments to my son or the guy friend to my daughter. Joking or not some things are just not appropriate to say to your friend's child. I have no doubt that CJ has a lot of hormones to deal with and may end up hitting on one of the friends, and that just makes it more icky to tell him he could take the boyfriends place in bed or ask to see any part if his body in a remotely sexual way, joking or not. Why does including him in the group have to include "oh yea, you're growing up nice, I'd do you. Haha no I'm kidding"? Is that really he only way to treat him like a grown up?

Why I really don't know. I can guess but still it'd be just a guess.

I do disagree wholeheartedly with your use of the word inappropriate. Isn't that subjective? It's inappropriate for a Jewish Orthodox woman to show her hair in public so she wears a wig to cover it up. But I bet you show your own hair in public all the time. If we listen to a lot of religious conservatives it is inappropriate for two men to marry. I bet most readers on GA disagree. According to Rich it's inappropriate for CJ to live under the same roof as his brother because he's gay. Really?

Defining what is appropriate and/or normal puts us on a slippery slope if we try to project our definitions unto others. Maybe I'm looking at it from a male point of view which is not entirely comprehensible to a woman but until one of those men tries to force my kid to do something I won't try to throw any of them overboard.

I kinda like these serious discussions LOL

Why I really don't know. I can guess but still it'd be just a guess.

I do disagree wholeheartedly with your use of the word inappropriate. Isn't that subjective? It's inappropriate for a Jewish Orthodox woman to show her hair in public so she wears a wig to cover it up. But I bet you show your own hair in public all the time. If we listen to a lot of religious conservatives it is inappropriate for two men to marry. I bet most readers on GA disagree. According to Rich it's inappropriate for CJ to live under the same roof as his brother because he's gay. Really?

Defining what is appropriate and/or normal puts us on a slippery slope if we try to project our definitions unto others. Maybe I'm looking at it from a male point of view which is not entirely comprehensible to a woman but until one of those men tries to force my kid to do something I won't try to throw any of them overboard.

I'm not talking about whether or not women should wear burkas or whether or not gay men should be around children.  I'm saying that, as a mom, no grown man or woman should ever say to my 15 year old child "hey if you like chocolate I would totally kick my partner out of bed and **** you instead" or "hey lift your shirt so I can see what you look like".  It might be a joke, but I would flip on any friend of mine who did that.

Don't mistake me, I am very open about sex with my kids.  I bought them their first condoms (and still grab them for my son when he runs out - because I do NOT want to be a grandmother right now) and I bought my daughter her first vibrator (TMI, I know).  I know teenagers have sex and I know they are sexually curious.  I am not sexually repressed, but do I think their are certain things that adults should not say to a friend's child...how does that make me the same as CJ's stepdad?

• Like 3