Spock is dead!

For those of us old enough to remember watching the original Star Trek episodes as they aired in the sixties over the course of just three short seasons, none of us could have envisioned the series would become iconic and spawn the conventions and later movies that it did.  I was an avid fan then as I had already become something of a sci-fi fan.   Nimoy as Spock was a cool example of clear thinking and a perfect foil for Kirk.  Bones, Scotty, Uhura and the rest were really an ensemble cast in a series before much was made of such innovations.  

Leonard Nimoy, RIP

• Like 1

Nimoy, like his character, 'lived long and prospered.'  Now, may he rest in peace. 

I, like DaddyD, watched the Star Trek series from the start, when it first aired.  Although we will still be able to see him in reruns of the series and movies, he will be missed. 

Oh, sad!  It's the end of an era ....  I may not have been alive when they aired, but my mother collected all the seasons on VHS back when Next Gen was big and we watched them until the tapes wore out.  So great! 

I was already a Sci-Fi fan when the series came along. Yes I admit it, I am a Trekkie. I have the original and all of the following series and movies on hard drive (with backups). With his passing I feel the need to view to them once again, what better way to honour him. I will miss him/them.

The following was in the news yesterday. I think he knew his time was short.

It was either poetry, or it was prophetic. Perhaps, it was a bit of both.

As news of Leonard Nimoy's death began spreading, the "Star Trek" actor's final tweet was seen in a different light.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP," he wrote on Feb. 22 -- the last four letters, of course, an acronym for "Live Long and Prosper," the line that shaped "Star Trek" for decades. He was a Trekkie until his final days.

Mr. Nimoy may you R.I.P. / Mr. Spock L.L.A.P.

• Like 2

KHANNNN! :o

Lenard will be missed.... i suppose next we'll be hearing that William Shatner, George Takei, Walter Koenig, or Nichelle Nichols died. :(

but they're all in their late 70's and early 80's which says they have lived a good life :D

Edited by Celethiel
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost got the chance to meet him when I was a young fan at my first Trek Con. Unfortunately, as I approached, the lunch plans for him, Nichelle and Walter happened to reach consensus and I got a great view of his back. He said over his shoulder "I have to grab a limo or they'll all be gone..." I'd like to think that was at least tangentially thrown in my direction. Being rather hungry myself at the time, I certainly understood.

I did get to meet George and James and managed to shock Mr Doohan when I mentioned his service in WW2. That got me a hug :)

• Like 1