He could be one of the bosses at the bank. No need for trader edge then. I think he would make a great boss, but it would seem convenient if he were to quit. All that insurance money could be a nice start for a bit of investing on his own. I don't think Kevin will stay much longer with Excelsior. Maybe they can have a small guide business in Scotland. Neil watches Sophie and day trades (or long term invests) while Kevin is out climbing.

• Like 1

Have we ever actually found out how old KbR is? 19 when he married, with a 7 year old... And what 2 years of marriage? So roughly 28...

Neil is 26?

Both so damn Young

No excuse for being an idiot or a twat. :lol:

• Like 1

No, but slightly less experienced humans. Kevin has taken the first steps to make things right.

I wonder what happend. Maybe Connie asked one question to many about his friendship with Neil. Or Super Sophie "accidentally" spilled the beans...

• Like 1

Such a sweet chapter! I see Neil as manager of Excelsior, living with Kevin and Sophie in Scotland... Sophie is someone you don't want to mess with, that "forgotten" toy of hers..LOL. Now I can't wait to see what happens next but meh, I am a happy camper. Happy easter to all of you wonderful people and specially to you, Edward for putting a smile on me whenever I see Team Building has been updated.  :*)

Edited by Roen
  • Like 1

I really love Sophie, she knows what's good for her dad and like any good woman-to-be she sets about making sure he does as he's told. 

She'll make some man/woman a good wife one day. Lol

sometimes parents need a good kick up the rear. 

Great chapter :heart: 

Good thing they finally talked to each other. Neil was so great just stating what he needs in a relationship, loud and clear, but also being able to finally understand Kevin's position.

Super Sophie to the rescue! She was really working overtime here. I have a 7 year old myself and know just how clever they can be. Extremely goal oriented.

At this point I am just happy that they are actually talking, and listening to each other.  KbR seems to actually realize the damage he is doing by stringing Neill along.  He`s still scared, but he is going to try.  It`s also a major achievement that he talked to Sophie about this and did`t try to cover it up with her.  Is it possible to be "cautiously excited"?

Super Sophie to the rescue! She was really working overtime here. I have a 7 year old myself and know just how clever they can be. Extremely goal oriented.

Haha yea she's goal oriented all right!  If it was up to her Neill would be moved in by the end of the weekend!

• Like 1

A really enjoyable story with exciting twists and turns. Life and love do not often, in my experience, run smoothly and I enjoy this. I do hope they get together but understand it may not work. But hope so much that it does.

A really enjoyable story with exciting twists and turns. Life and love do not often, in my experience, run smoothly and I enjoy this. I do hope they get together but understand it may not work. But hope so much that it does.

Another great chapter. Cannot help but love Sophie - dangerous to underestimate her - Kevin has no chance against her it seems, nor does Neil. Love how they finally get together - at least for the time being... nice cliffhanger, too

I was reading the latest chapter again and it made me think. Who does Kevin actually have to come out to, who doesn't know he likes Neil?

Sophie knew.

His mum and dad did not seem surprised to see Neil as Kevin's date for the night, which Hamish said was for 'couples'.

At least one of his colleagues at work knew before and surely all of them knew after the avalanche.

Hamish knows, and I bet any real friend of Kevin wouldn't be surprised either, if they have seen his face when Sophie talks of Neil. :lol:

What is he afraid of? It will probably be sort of anti-climatic, which will be fun for us, but sort of :*) for Kevin. Serves him right for being such a coward. :no:

And even if it didn't work with Neil, at least Kevin would get the attention of the guys he actually would be attracted to. But we all expect a HEA with Neil, you know, I'm just saying the uncertainty should keep Ross from acting like a man.

• Like 1

I think how scared you are to come out must be seen in context (even if I'm the first to admit I don't really know what it's like...). I mean, just think how it was in the 80's. At least in Sweden you didn't see any gay couples. The idea of same sex couples just didn't exist. If some guy was "friends" with another guy, we generally assumed they were just friends. So we weren't prepared. Now that things have evolved at least some, we aren't as naive and understand the situation.

Maybe Kevin lives in an environment where people genuinely believe he's just friends with Neil? They aren't surprised or shocked, because in their minds there's nothing to be surprised or shocked by. A guy has friends, close friends. Nothing else. Because that is so unthinkable. To overcome that hurdle would take courage.

Look at some cultures where homosexuality is really taboo. In many middle eastern countries, men hold hands and kiss. Is it "gay"? No, because it's so unthinkable. They are just friends. Gay is invisible.

I personally think it would be great if we could display affection for the people we love, lovers or friends, in the way we want to. Just the other day, the coach and assistant coach of one of the major ice hockey teams in Sweden kissed. Why? They were happy and wanted to show how much they like each other. It made headlines, albeit positive ones. So while we might be getting there, we still have a way to go.

Ok, end rant! Hope it made sense...

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 3

Hehe,

Listen you pair, I am sure there's such a thing as author harassment (it's probably a felony and if it isn't it should be!) :P

FYI Neil is in Pitlochry even as I write this reply. I suspect he might be there until tomorrow when I put the chapter up. (Me watching the Masters in Augusta and the Australian Rules Football on cable is getting in the way). 

Hope you both had great Easters with family and loved ones and friends,

Edward (Ted to my friends)

Yeay! A new chapter! Hooray!

I always let Tim do my dirty work, so I don't get implicated in any criminal proceedings.

Easter was lovely but cold. Lots of chocolate though, so I was grand. Hope you had a nice time too.

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1

Hehe,

Listen you pair, I am sure there's such a thing as author harassment (it's probably a felony and if it isn't it should be!) :P

FYI Neil is in Pitlochry even as I write this reply. I suspect he might be there until tomorrow when I put the chapter up. (Me watching the Masters in Augusta and the Australian Rules Football on cable is getting in the way). 

:D:heart::D:heart::D:heart:

Hehe,

Damn, out of official likes, so you get Kitt likes :heart:  :heart:

Yeay! A new chapter! Hooray!

I always let Tim do my dirty work, so I don't get implicated in any criminal proceedings.

:heart:  :heart:  :angry:  :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I haven't missed a new chapter... I've been checking out the latest and it's not there!

Author harassment is not a felony! I just asked my attorney!

However kidnapping an author and tying him naked to a laptop with my whip in my hands ready for that second of no keyboard noise IS a felony... So please for both our sakes, don't make me commit a felony!

• Like 3

Hehe,

But us readers are so good at author harrassment, just ask Garry :whistle: 

I haven't missed a new chapter... I've been checking out the latest and it's not there!

However kidnapping an author and tying him naked to a laptop with my whip in my hands ready for that second of no keyboard noise IS a felony... So please for both our sakes, don't make me commit a felony!

:heart: love this idea, if I bring the laptop, you can provide the rest. And Tim and Pup and LL can create a distraction.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Again with the spanking of naked authors. Is this a special kind of fetishism I've not heard about?

• Like 1